[Game] Kings v. Sixers - Thursday, Nov. 9 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's funny seeing the Sixers get trashed because their rebuilding method worked. And I'm saying that as someone that hates what they did. I hate the process, I hate the general smarminess of the process, I hate how blatant and shameless it was, and I hate the fact that we owe them a pick a year from now.

But it worked. They got not 1 but 2 franchise players out of it. Their methods and the teams they fielded the last 3 or 4 years run completely contrarian to the methods of the Kings and the buzzwords we've been hearing this offseason.
Let's talk when they're in the playoffs.

Granted, it looks at this point like they're headed that way but it's only November.

Let's talk when they're in the playoffs.

Granted, it looks at this point like they're headed that way but it's only November.
Has nothing to do with whether they make the playoffs. They have Simmons and Embiid; their rebuild succeeded and it would take failing health or complete idiocy (which given Colangelo I wouldn't be surprised) for them to not build a contender around that in 3-5 years.

I mean, you got people preaching patience over here and then trashing the Sixers when theirs takes time. It doesn't compute.

You mean they might even bea us tonight? What a thought! Never fear I will be there with a hot dog and a beer. All will be well. I’m dressed, got my binoculars, tickets, cane and walker and I’ve left my car keys and pocket knife on the dresser and my ride will be here to pick me up in an hour and seven minutes. I’m ready.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I’m dressed, got my binoculars, tickets, cane and walker and I’ve left my car keys and pocket knife on the dresser and my ride will be here to pick me up in an hour and seven minutes. I’m ready.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Has nothing to do with whether they make the playoffs. They have Simmons and Embiid; their rebuild succeeded and it would take failing health or complete idiocy (which given Colangelo I wouldn't be surprised) for them to not build a contender around that in 3-5 years.

I mean, you got people preaching patience over here and then trashing the Sixers when theirs takes time. It doesn't compute.
Not necessarily so in the terms of the original Hinkie plan. The whole Process can be traced back to the simple "you're either the best team or a loser" creed so barring an unforeseen title run this season, it isn't quite so.

If George Hill doesn't score 20 I want him traded.

If Justin Jackson doesn't score at least ten points VLADE MUST GO!!

If Joerger can't call an effective play out of timeout or some players show frustration FIRE HIM!!!

Not necessarily so in the terms of the original Hinkie plan. The whole Process can be traced back to the simple "you're either the best team or a loser" creed so barring an unforeseen title run this season, it isn't quite so.
No matter where someone stands on the Hinkie days, one thing is for sure, the worst place to be long term is in no mans land.

If George Hill doesn't score 20 I want him traded.

If Justin Jackson doesn't score at least ten points VLADE MUST GO!!

If Joerger can't call an effective play out of timeout or some players show frustration FIRE HIM!!!
This will sound odd, but take a moment to think about it some.

Why?

Why is it not working out with Hill?

I think it may be the high post offense, but please let's not replace him with another guy who will have similar problems. So the more we get to see the Hill oddities, at least we may be able to figure that out some more.

Why?

I think it may be the high post offense, but please let's not replace him with another guy who will have similar problems. So the more we get to see the Hill oddities, at least we may be able to figure that out some more.
I think The Hammer was being sarcastic.

Why?

Come on bro...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Word from Doug: Vince Carter is out with kidney stones.

OUCH!!!!!

Oops. Sorry. Didn't realize it had been mentioned above as I was guilty of my own worst pet peeve.

Clarification however? You don't have to be OLD to get kidney stones.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think The Hammer was being sarcastic.
Yep. Sometimes people just do not appreciate the fine art of sarcasm. :p In all fairness, however, it's sometimes hard to tell since I could probably go back and find a post almost exactly like that from someone who was not being at all sarcastic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I will trash the Sixers every chance I get because of how they did it. It will never sit right with me. And although you disagree, it won't mean a thing if they don't get the ring, will it?