[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Thursday, Oct. 26 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
TNT's first game of the evening is Celtics-Bucks. I can just about guarantee it will go into overtime, just to frustrate all of us who are looking forward to this game (although I personally have almost as much dread as excitement about seeing DMC return to Sacramento for the first time). We won't get the local coverage, which means we won't be seeing any of the DMC stuff we know will happen. All content choice for the program will be in the hands of TNT, and I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to be jerks about it.

The game itself will not be pretty. I'm already resigned to that fact. AD and DMC, barring some kind of miracle, should demolish the Kings all by themselves. At least Rondo won't be adding to the general frivolity.

This is a tough test early in the season for our Kings. I hope I'm able to watch it. (I'm currently fighting my current bout of post-game cold/flu which seems to occur within a week or so of me traveling to Sacramento to attend a game. Not sure what kind of germs you people grow down in the valley, but I don't like them.)

I'm curious to see what some of you think will happen. Trying to keep the DMC drama out of the equation might be impossible, but how do you think the teams match up? Is there a snowball's chance in Hades for us to eke out a win? (EDIT: Question posed BEFORE the AD injury.)

NOTE: Actual game discussion starts at #140.

Last edited:
Only God can save KK and Willie. I can't wait to see Cuz crush us into a fine powder and I hope he doesnt get a tech for yelling something innapropriate at Vlade.
I'm rooting for both teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm sad to see this. I was always a premiere defender of DMC, but this is uncalled for. What's truly sad IMHO is that he believes what he's saying. He honestly views himself as some kind of victim. I'm sorry for that, and I'm sorry for him. I'm not sorry that all the drama surrounding him is gone. I wish him well but I hope he finds a way some day to face the reality that HE is his own worst enemy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm sad to see this. I was always a premiere defender of DMC, but this is uncalled for. What's truly sad IMHO is that he believes what he's saying. He honestly views himself as some kind of victim. I'm sorry for that, and I'm sorry for him. I'm not sorry that all the drama surrounding him is gone. I wish him well but I hope he finds a way some day to face the reality that HE is his own worst enemy.
He said it himself. He is too stubborn. That is clouding his judgment above all. A tiger doesn't change its stripes.

What a drama queen. I’m so happy this guy is gone. Nothing is ever his fault. The Karl signing NEVER had a chance to work because he decided it wasn’t going to work before Karl even got off the plane.
I mean, Karl couldn’t stand or voice and was past it anyways..

Wasn’t Karl a large part of the fault with his no one is untradable comment which killed the chemistry? I think Karl and PDA May have thought it was never going to work and had plans of trading Cousins before Karl got off the plane (why Karl made the comment perhaps and accepted the job being someone who was not viewed to be high on bigs). To be fair, I know there were reports about Cousins agents and Karl before the signing though..

I'll be there to give him some respect. Whether you like him as a player or not, the things he did for the Sacramento community are worth a standing ovation by themselves.

He went off on us last year but that was against WCS, Skal and Papa. Koufos will be a better matchup against Big Cuz this time around. Either way I see him putting up 25-30pts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He said it himself. He is too stubborn. That is clouding his judgment above all. A tiger doesn't change its stripes.
He's not a tiger. He's a human being. He can change, but only if he truly wants to. He wears his stubbornness like some kind of suit of armor. I really hope he finds a way to put it aside.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really hope Cuz has a monster game. In fact, I'd be surprised if he DOESN'T.

WCS probably thinking about pulling a Lonzo. Haha
WCS is one of the few guys left on the Kings who knows how to get under Boogie's skin. If he gets away with a couple of fouls early in, there's every chance DMC takes himself out of the game.

gunks

Hall of Famer
WCS is one of the few guys left on the Kings who knows how to get under Boogie's skin. If he gets away with a couple of fouls early in, there's every chance DMC takes himself out of the game.
If WCS somehow outperforms Cuz, I will be THRILLED!

I'm rooting for our guys, but I'm still a Cuz fan. Thurs is pretty much win/win for me! :p

As far as the matchup with Cousins is concerned, Kosta is tough enough to bang and make him work for it on the inside, but not athletic enough to stay out of foul trouble. I'd imagine if he starts he will have two fouls on him within 5 minutes.

After that we will be in big trouble. Randolph can scrap some, but isn't mobile any more, or never was much I guess.

Skal & WCS between Cousins & Davis are going to get beat up pretty bad. WCS should be able to play ok outside the paint vs either guy a bit however.

This is going to be a good test for our big guys, also for the coaching staff trying to implement some things defensively as a team.

Cousins is a beast, but there is a lot of baggage there. I thank him for all his years, but we weren't going anywhere with him and both parties needed a fresh reboot badly. There is no point to that video and I really don't understand why he made it. If it makes him feel better than all the more power to him I guess. I wish we treated Cousins better by giving him a better team and I wish he represented us better by not getting himself into trouble so much. We failed him and in some ways he failed us too.

The Kings suck and we will most likely get wrecked against the pelicans, but I'll be cheering my guy Fox right along anyway. He will be our new star and hopefully none of the drama from the old star has stayed.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not a Cousins' fan. I'm glad he's gone and the Kings have turned the corner. It takes more than talent to actualize it on the floor. It takes some self-awareness, perspective and humbleness, among other things. The only interesting question for me concerning Cousins is how many different teams will he play for before his career is over.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
TNT's first game of the evening is Celtics-Bucks. I can just about guarantee it will go into overtime, just to frustrate all of us who are looking forward to this game (although I personally have almost as much dread as excitement about seeing DMC return to Sacramento for the first time). We won't get the local coverage, which means we won't be seeing any of the DMC stuff we know will happen. All content choice for the program will be in the hands of TNT, and I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to be jerks about it.

The game itself will not be pretty. I'm already resigned to that fact. AD and DMC, barring some kind of miracle, should demolish the Kings all by themselves. At least Rondo won't be adding to the general frivolity.

This is a tough test early in the season for our Kings. I hope I'm able to watch it. (I'm currently fighting my current bout of post-game cold/flu which seems to occur within a week or so of me traveling to Sacramento to attend a game. Not sure what kind of germs you people grow down in the valley, but I don't like them.)

I'm curious to see what some of you think will happen. Trying to keep the DMC drama out of the equation might be impossible, but how do you think the teams match up? Is there a snowball's chance in Hades for us to eke out a win?
Sure there is. Anytime Cousins is on the floor there's a chance he'll happen to be his own worse enemy. And he's made enough ref enemies around the league, they aren't going to be looking the other way, that's for sure. Additionally, AD appears to be out (too often for Pels fans). Their guard and wing lineup is relatively paltry. Randolph can use up some fouls on Cousins. WCS has supposedly gotten tougher by his Seal training (So here's your test WCS!). Maybe Papa can be activated and fall on him a few times. The fans should all show up in referee uniforms and "T" him up every time he gets the ball, feeding into his feelings of persecution.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sure there is. Anytime Cousins is on the floor there's a chance he'll happen to be his own worse enemy. And he's made enough ref enemies around the league, they aren't going to be looking the other way, that's for sure. Additionally, AD appears to be out (too often for Pels fans). Their guard and wing lineup is relatively paltry. Randolph can use up some fouls on Cousins. WCS has supposedly gotten tougher by his Seal training (So here's your test WCS!). Maybe Papa can be activated and fall on him a few times. The fans should all show up in referee uniforms and "T" him up every time he gets the ball, feeding into his feelings of persecution.
I'll admit the chances just skyrocketed if AD is, in fact, out. And, I have already conceded that DMC is his own worst enemy. I'm talking, though, about the game and not about dirty tricks by fans, which I don't condone or think about. If I had to give odds that this game will turn ugly at some point, I'd be hard pressed to do so. With AD out there with him, DMC wouldn't be the whole focus. Without him, Boogie is, I fear, going to try to carry the whole load to prove the Kings made a big mistake. The whole night has the dark cloud of impending doom hanging over it. I'm actually very glad I won't be there.

DMC is going to put up a 50 and 30 game or something absolutely ridiculous. The rest of the team will be terrible and the Pelicans will lose.

Sad I won't be there to give DMC a standing O.

If AD is out, I expect him to get something like 44pts 20rebs on decent efficiency, but lose the game because his teammates fail him. I'm chalking up a Kings win for this one. It'll be interesting to see who's best at guarding Cousins. Willie would be the easy pick, but he's not strong enough to contain him. Zbo has the strength, but not the quickness.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DMC is going to put up a 50 and 30 game or something absolutely ridiculous. The rest of the team will be terrible and the Pelicans will lose.

Sad I won't be there to give DMC a standing O.
Oh don't get me wrong. If I did attend the game, I would give him a standing ovation. He was the only reason for watching for quite a while. I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, and I wish him nothing but the best. I'm just a lot more fatalistic about him now than I used to be.

I’ll be there and I don’t expect any unusual drama. Cuz has a history with Kings most of quite good. How he feels about the Kings I’m not really sure. No matter how he feels about the Kings I think he will give this game his all. I think was a reasonable decision to let Cuz go. He was great here and I will give him a big hand when he is introduced. Hope the Kings can bag a victory but it will be tough. I’ll be there to enjoy the game.

It's funny reading the Pels forums....they say the same stuff that we all said for years. Many want to "blow" it up, fire the coach, bring in better players to surround DMC and AD, etc. It's all regurgitated ideas that used to get thrown around here.

There was a funny trade rumor too...."Trade DMC to the Celtics for Tatum, Smart, Morris....I bet the Celts would do that!" They still think he has a ton of trade value around the league.

I hope AD isn't hurt longterm....I'm really curious to see how they would end up after a full season together.