Otto Porter Max contract offer now moot

Well, if Porter comes it will be by sign and trade. Or he's let the team know he isn't interested
Sign and trade seems least likely to me, since we'd have probably had to eat some of Washington's junk and now we can't.

He was always a long shot. I believe we can still fit him in if we're allowed to use the MLE on Bogdan.

Chris Haynes‏Verified account@ChrisBHaynes 2h2 hours ago

Sacramento agreeing to deals with George Hill and Zach Randolph eliminates its pursuit of Otto Porter.
We still only have one SF on the roster, this is just based on cap math but I'm not sure it's right depending on how we're allowed to use the MLE to sign Bogdan.

I do think this means we're going to wind up with Bojan when it's all said and done. Probably also on a 2-3 year deal. I'll be ok with all of that.

We still only have one SF on the roster, this is just based on cap math but I'm not sure it's right depending on how we're allowed to use the MLE to sign Bogdan.

I do think this means we're going to wind up with Bojan when it's all said and done. Probably also on a 2-3 year deal. I'll be ok with all of that.
I wouldn't be okay with that. I'd rather see the Kings trade for Crowder (if the Celtics land Hayward and need the cap space) or take Carroll off Toronto's hands for a first rounder.

As currently constructed (even with Porter)?! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!

People are drinking some major cool aid around here. By january at the latest, many will be on suicide watch!
The Pelicans are a joke. That team is horribly run and coached. They are a collection of guys who take turns jacking shots . Their roster is G-League Central beyond oft-injured Davis, unconscious 3 point gunner technical foul leading Cousins and overrated overpaid Jrue Holiday. I don't concede anything to them. Besides we have Z-Bo to put Cousins on lock ;)

I wouldn't be okay with that. I'd rather see the Kings trade for Crowder (if the Celtics land Hayward and need the cap space) or take Carroll off Toronto's hands for a first rounder.
It'll be short term rental and a team friendly deal if it happens. If we fail to land Porter our starting SF is going to come in next year's draft.

Boston isn't going to give up Crowder while he is still on a team friendly deal.

It'll be short term rental and a team friendly deal if it happens. If we fail to land Porter our starting SF is going to come in next year's draft.

Boston isn't going to give up Crowder while he is still on a team friendly deal.

Not willingly, but if they sign Hayward they'll need to shed salary and they already have Crowder, Brown, and Tatum at SF.

The question would be how much it would take to get him.

Not willingly, but if they sign Hayward they'll need to shed salary and they already have Crowder, Brown, and Tatum at SF.

The question would be how much it would take to get him.
Do they really need to? They were supposed to be able to sign Hayward outright and then add George.

I agree they have a logjam but this is Danny Ainge we're talking about. I'm not entirely convinced of his genius, and I like the Celtics.

Good point. It looks like we have just the right amount of space left for Porter (not accounting for Bogdan). What's the MLE these days?
I was just thinking about this and I had the same thought pdxKingsfan did.

The MLE was just announced at $8.406 million. That means the Kings could max out Porter and then I believe they'd be able to use the MLE to give Bogdanovic the 3 year/$27 million deal they agreed to.

The MLE was just announced at $8.406 million. That means the Kings could max out Porter and then I believe they'd be able to use the MLE to give Bogdanovic the 3 year/$27 million deal they agreed to.
My God Vlade have you done it again?!??!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sign and trade seems least likely to me, since we'd have probably had to eat some of Washington's junk and now we can't.

He was always a long shot. I believe we can still fit him in if we're allowed to use the MLE on Bogdan.
That's not how sign and trades usually work. If it were to happen, the Wizards would approach us to see if were willing to do a sign and trade so they can get something back in return. So in effect we would be doing them a favor by doing a sign and trade, because the only reason they would be asking for one, is because they wern't going to match, and thus lose Porter for nothing. So in that scenario, we wouldn't be taking back any of their junk. We'd only be getting Porter, and then sending them Koufos and/or Malachi. Just an example.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

This is something I mentioned on twitter. Once the Kings go over the cap, and they could do that by signing Porter before signing Bogdanovic, they become eligible for the MLE, which they could then use to sign Bogdanovic. More than one way to skin a cat...

My greatest fear now is the Capt will fly in and explain why I'm wrong...

Koufas makes sense. His salary is 8.3 mil this year. A Player option next. Wizards free up Porters salary, as well. 7.7 mil. Still does not give them enough money to go after Cousins next year. With Bogdan leaving that's another 5 mil.

Gortat and Mahhimi are the Killers 30 million next year.

That's not how sign and trades usually work. If it were to happen, the Wizards would approach us to see if were willing to do a sign and trade so they can get something back in return. So in effect we would be doing them a favor by doing a sign and trade, because the only reason they would be asking for one, is because they wern't going to match, and thus lose Porter for nothing. So in that scenario, we wouldn't be taking back any of their junk. We'd only be getting Porter, and then sending them Koufos and/or Malachi. Just an example.
In their case, I would think if they are letting Porter go they'd want cap relief so they'd probably do the S&T for a trade exception.

Then it a totally separate and not at all related deal a day or two later, they'd send us their garbage for a pick swap or a 2nd round pick.

It means I may have jumped the gun when I changed the title. My personal feeling is that we're not going to give Porter the max now that we've got Hill and Zbo, but that doesn't make it so. I'll add a question mark. :)
I think it can still be done and might depend on the order of signing. However, my feel was that Porter always wanted to stay in Washington given that he is from the area and that Wizards will match any offer.

However, there is still some small doubt there. The fact that Wizards and Porter have not agreed to terms tells me its not all smooth sailing, especially if you add John Wall's comment from a few days back and also Wall choosing to "sit" on the extension offer from Wizards. Reading between the lines, I suspect that Wall doesn't really want Porter back and especially not at that money. Just my interpretation of the situation and not necessarily right.

Regardless. It's a bad look for Sac. Nets are far more dysfunctional. I am curious as to what transpired during the meeting with Vivek/Vlade that turned Otto off.
Nets are the definition of a dumpster fire.

Next target: Jamychal Green. A few years older, 27. But, Will ask for less. I would guesstimate, He can be had for 7-10 million. Grizz made him an offer last Sat.