Are You Still a Kings fan?

Are you still a Kings fan after trading DeMarcus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am forever grateful to the ownership for keeping the Kings in Sacramento. This years draft is deep and 2 first round picks will be go a long way in making up for Cousins loss. Though I wouldn't yet count us out for the playoffs. The turnovers and defense will improve. And we don't know what went on in the locker room. I was at the Celtics game and the Kings played well (better?) without Cousins.

I am forever grateful to the ownership for keeping the Kings in Sacramento. This years draft is deep and 2 first round picks will be go a long way in making up for Cousins loss. Though I wouldn't yet count us out for the playoffs. The turnovers and defense will improve. And we don't know what went on in the locker room. I was at the Celtics game and the Kings played well (better?) without Cousins.
Are you for real? Playoffs? You're going to be in for a BIG surprise.

We played better but that was due to guys like Lawson, Collison, Koufos, Barnes, Afflalo, Tolliver. Vets that held it together. All those guys are apparently being shopped too.

I am and will always be a Kings fan.

For me, it is my DNA more than a conscious decision I guess.

But I struggle with understanding why an organisation like the Kings wishes to test my loyalty and nerves as often as they have over the last couple of decades. I find it quite frustrating, to be honest.

And to be clear: I was always concerned with DMC ethics. But I don't think anyone can sensibly argue that his skillset is anything but exceptional.

And to get so little for such an asset, even more so for an organisation so starved of assets, is quite... underwhelming.

The Barry Bonds fiasco turned me off pretty hard to the Giants many moons ago

The Great Levi's swindle (including the Harbaugh fiasco) more recently turned me off to the Niners

Kings were always the most near and dear to my heart. Never thought I could get turned off to this team like that, but this will test me

F*** Vivek. Didn't like him from day one. We should've gotten Burkle. Dude is straight trash.

Lol this team is gonna be in the lottery for the next decade, just like the last one. Vivek pretty much assures that. You don't trade away a generational talent for a lottery crapshoot. Ever.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure I can watch the NBA for the next several years while Cousins tears up the league in his prime.

As a Kings fan my time is over. Energy and loyalty to this team has returned void ever since the Webber trade. The team is not a legitimate franchise. The Washington Generals. If the front office can't take their job seriously, I will return the favor. 32 years and I can't do it any more.

For those hanging one, best to you. This is really such an amazing fan base. Always has been and you deserve better.

K

KingsFan80

Yes, I am still a Kings Fan. But I really really want Vlade out of here. You all are blaming Vivek too much on this. He LOVED DMC. This was not his grand idea. I am not a Vivek fan but have been told he was willing to give away the farm to keep DMC

Of course I will still be a Kings fan, but I love me some Boogie so now I'm also a Pels fan for sure.

May have to get some league pass. This coming Saturday will be a weird game to watch. Maybe Boogie will get a T and not play against the Kings?

Entity

Hall of Famer
i think i will adopt another team to follow just in case. I will watch all the kings games still. maybe something grabs my attention. Maybe WCS continues to improve then I can look forward to 2 top 10 picks. If we screw that up again. it will be bad

Still a Kings fan? Sure.

Going to attend more games this year? Nope
Going to watch any more games this year? Nope
Going to in any way financially support this dumpster fire? Nope.

This front office and ownership group has made me feel like an idiot for supporting them. I'm taking a break for a while. How long that break lasts depends on what changes going forward.

I'm going to release a bit of steam right now, and I don't expect much of a response to my ramblings and that's ok.

I'm highly upset at myself. I followed the news on Twitter like election night. I TWEETED to everyone Vlade/Vivek/CarmichaelDave... I tweeted more last night than I have in my entire 4-5 years on Twitter. I stayed up until 1:00 AM, first while listening to Carmichael Dave's show until 12 am, and then scouring the news listening to many venting Kings' fans. I woke up restless last night and got up at 4:30 AM. All for what? How can this incompetently run team affects my life like this? I'm a grown ass man, who has made great decisions throughout his professional life in order to get to the place I am at in my life. I am sick to my stomach.

I could have understood a competent and competitive DMC trade if I saw a vision behind certain decisions leading up to this. This has not happened.

How are we supposed to respect this franchise? We have drafted poorly, traded poorly, and worse of all treated our players and personnel with a dishonest style. The people of Sacramento are huge on showing integrity and loyalty.

We will never have a player as talented, loyal, charitable, with such a love and dedication to the city of Sacramento that Cousins had. It's an absolute shame.

It's too hard for me to say whether or not I can continue to support this team in the long-term. I can say, for the next 2-3 years, I am pulling my heart away from this team. I will not spend a dime that would land into Vivek's pockets.

Napear: "I would have traded DeMarcus Cousins for nothing." Kings retain Napear but terminate Cousins - for virtually nothing. I'm outta hear, this place (Kings organization) is an endless laughable joke.

Listen to podcast here with Carmichael Dave, Kayte Christensen, and the bleeping idiot.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/19/grant-napear-reacts-to-demarcus-cousins-trade/
It's so obvious that Grant Napear just can't get over his own personal grudge against DMC and it's so obvious this isn't remotely about on court production. It's purely about his dislike of DMC as a human being as soon as he wears a Kings uniform and his dislike of how DMC handles things related to basketball. How is cursing out at a Warriors fan after a win a bigger thing, than actual on court production? I will never understand what a bigot one must be to rant about those things, while calling people morons on the own radio show.
We will never win with DMC - how do you know that Grant? How can you talk like that, when you are aware, that the Kings did a horrible job in the draft, in FA and in trades ever since DMC was a King?
The Kings gave themselves the best chance to win by trading DMC? Oh really? This entirely depends on what the Kings do with the little assets they got back for DMC.
You know whyn 95% of Kings Fans on Social Media disagree with you Grant? Because your opinion is just a result of your blind hatred of DMC.
At least don't weasel around....just bluntly state - I HATE DMC AS A PERSON. That actually would be honest and a breath of fresh air.
Btw. who is gonna be the next victim of Grant Napear? My bet is on WCS.

Still fan, but whether I watch or not the rest of the year entirely depends on if Collison, Koufos, Afflalo, Tyreke are playing any sort of minutes here. I want to see the kids getting significant time and I'd like to see us finish this firesale correctly. It's not going to fix this abomination of a trade, but I'll be even more pissed if we stand pat, which truly means we have no semblance of a plan moving forward from this.

Yes, I am still a Kings Fan. But I really really want Vlade out of here. You all are blaming Vivek too much on this. He LOVED DMC. This was not his grand idea. I am not a Vivek fan but have been told he was willing to give away the farm to keep DMC
Dude NO. Stop giving this clown a pass. He's been toxic since day one. Also, HE DID NOT SAVE SACRAMENTO BASKETBALL. Burkle, Stern, Sleep Train, Mastrov, and KJ were the guys. Vivek was an AFTERTHOUGHT who got subbed in when Burkle's conflicts of interest blocked him from being majority owner. Dude needs to go yesterday. He is toxic.

K

KingsFan80

Dude NO. Stop giving this clown a pass. He's been toxic since day one. Also, HE DID NOT SAVE SACRAMENTO BASKETBALL. Burkle, Stern, Sleep Train, Mastrov, and KJ were the guys. Vivek was an AFTERTHOUGHT who got subbed in when Burkle's conflicts of interest blocked him from being majority owner. Dude needs to go yesterday. He is toxic.
I am not giving him a pass. He is signed off on the trade. He took over a disaster and has some how managed to make it worse. He is the one who hired Vlade. It is just so awful it makes me sick to think about. I am just saying, it isn't just Vivek, Vlade is there too. If Vlade loved the Kings he would have kept DMC

Still fan, but whether I watch or not the rest of the year entirely depends on if Collison, Koufos, Afflalo, Tyreke are playing any sort of minutes here. I want to see the kids getting significant time and I'd like to see us finish this firesale correctly. It's not going to fix this abomination of a trade, but I'll be even more pissed if we stand pat, which truly means we have no semblance of a plan moving forward from this.
The way this crew operates, "finishing the fire sale" is gonna result in us trotting out Elk Grove's JV girls' squad on the court. But hey, that might mean we finally get that cherry pick offense!!

I am not giving him a pass. He is signed off on the trade. He took over a disaster and has some how managed to make it worse. He is the one who hired Vlade. It is just so awful it makes me sick to think about. I am just saying, it isn't just Vivek, Vlade is there too. If Vlade loved the Kings he would have kept DMC
You're delusional. This has Vivek's fingerprints all over it. I would bet my bottom dollar that Vlade was against this crap

I'm in the BayArea, Dubsnation but still watch and follow-the Kings everyday (check their games, highlights, news etc). I love the Kings because of Peja, CWebb and Bibby/JWill era. I actually have lower level tickets for March to watch the Kings against the Warriors (paid $$$ for it), wanted to see Cousins demolish the small ball Warriors but now won't be able to see it :( Anyway, the silver lining is that Kings actually played better when Cousins was out due to suspension and hoping the new players will play harder and get better chemistry. I'll still be following the Kings and maybe catch a game in the Golden One Arena one of this days. So who's team is it now? Willie-Cauley Steins? or is it back to Tyreke?

Yes, and I wonder where all those optimistic fans are now. All those "true" Kings fans who only wanted what was best for the team ... Vlade great GM, Vivek great owner ... Funny thing is .. the last month of play finally had me rooting hard for Cousins for the first time in a long while. Ah well, #KANGZ. Trading Cousins is one thing, but our return was turrible.
Rights here Mac, I was an optimistic Fan, still am, but to lesser degree. Trading Boogie was a bad move IMO. What the return is/was is not relevant. Obviously people like me thought Boogie was worth an All Star and three first round picks.

See I have been through this before. I was a W's Fan back in the day. Watched Rick Barry lead a group of rotational players to a Championship. The I watched Don Nelson trade away CWebb for Tom Gugliotta and a handful of magic beans. Shunned the NBA until Petrie was hired and I started to follow the Kings. I was there for the Good Times and the bad. Now Boogie is traded. My being a Kings Fan is shaken. But as of Monday 2-20-17 I am still posting here.

Of course I'm a Kings fan. Cz was big but not that big. Let's move on to discussing our new team. We have a game on Thursday night and I may go to next Saturday's matinee. Go Kings!

I'm not even sure I can watch the NBA for the next several years while Cousins tears up the league in his prime.

As a Kings fan my time is over. Energy and loyalty to this team has returned void ever since the Webber trade. The team is not a legitimate franchise. The Washington Generals. If the front office can't take their job seriously, I will return the favor. 32 years and I can't do it any more.

For those hanging one, best to you. This is really such an amazing fan base. Always has been and you deserve better.
My loyalty is following Boogie. I'm cheering for any team he plays on. If Vivek gets the boot and this franchise shows signs of competence I'll come back. But I'm not holding my breath.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No actually. Its just enabling an abuser. And one that should have deserved nobody's respect for a dozen years now. You can be a fan of the Kings distant past. Being a fan of the dying mongrel dog with its bloodsucking Napear/Poison fleas being ridden by a comically inept arrogant little twit right into the ground? No no no no. Life is short. Purple is just a color unless there's something behind it. And the only thing behind it now is an organization that is the complete laughingstock of the NBA, that has routinely, and I do mean routinely, dumped on its best people and trashed loyalty. That has now intentionally destroyed the only two moments of hope and effort and team chemistry it has had in the past 10 years. Just showed no respect for it at all. That has chased away its own legends. CWebb is alienated. Richmond is alienated. Whatever happened to BJax? Petrie took to the airwaves to defend himself this summer. Vlade has sat in that tunnel looking like he was at his mother's funeral for a month at least. There are good men scattered all over the NBA now, and All NBA players in multiple cities gearing up for the playoffs, and none of them are Kings. But Buddy Hield is.

Its the owners that do this to franchises. Its like Dolan's Knicks. They will never ever have hope, because the man who owns them will not allow it. Most Knicks fans hope fervently for a fortuitous heart attack. Or maybe for Oak to enforce one more time for them. Kings fans got screwed completely by the Maloofs and now Vivek. And so it will go on and on and on. Everything else can be survived, but not a crap owner. Its completely unfair to the remaining fans trapped in the city, and its completely unfair to the scattered good men and women left amongst the vile parasites infesting the place. Because they will never have the power to clean the place up, and do things right. All they can do is try to hang on and retain their own decency until the wheels of insanity target them next.

I'm a fan of the Kings but I'm going to crap all over them just like everyone else does now. Our owner is as bad as the Marlins owner except the Marlins owner destroyed his team on purpose while our owner thinks he's making positive basketball moves. We need a new majority owner in the worst of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.