PG for the Kings

Rubio, Tyreke look like real possibilities for us to target. Unfortunately, so does Point-Monta.

But agreed that we're going to have to get this done in a trade. Which is fine, because after Conley, there wasn't much to work with anyway. Hope we stay focused on Lee, Anderson and Crabbe
Rubio or Tyreke look like real bargains compared to these contracts getting handed out. Just when I thought we couldn't get any dumber as an organization, I get surprised. Dion freaking Waiters. Give me strength!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Rubio or Tyreke look like real bargains compared to these contracts getting handed out. Just when I thought we couldn't get any dumber as an organization, I get surprised. Dion freaking Waiters. Give me strength!
I think we all will need a good dose of strength and insanity pills if Waiters ends up wearing black and white.

If all else fails we can always offer ridicolously high 1 year contracts (or 2 with team option) to guys like Deron Williams, Rivers, Galloway, Jennings, Cole or even Lawson...
If it comes to that I'd be alright with one year prove it deal to either Jennings or Rivers. Williams also wouldn't be a bad option, but I figure someones going to end up overpaying him and price us out.

Would the Kings be interested in Serbian PG Nemanja Nedovic? 6'4 200lb combo guard with great athleticism. He can handle the ball and score in a variety of ways.

I don't know what his contract situation is in Europe, but he could be a very good candidate. Former 30th overall pick for the Warriors in 2013.

Had a very good game today. 16pts 4asts 2rebs 4/6 2pt 2/4 3pt.

Would the Kings be interested in Serbian PG Nemanja Nedovic? 6'4 200lb combo guard with great athleticism. He can handle the ball and score in a variety of ways.

I don't know what his contract situation is in Europe, but he could be a very good candidate. Former 30th overall pick for the Warriors in 2013.

Had a very good game today. 16pts 4asts 2rebs 4/6 2pt 2/4 3pt.
He just re-signed with his club a couple of week ago. He is more of a combo guard than a PG.

You think there's any chance Vlade can sway Teodosic?
We can only offer him the room exception and I'm not sure it's more than what he get in CSKA.
Also he is alergic to defense, a good floor general- but can't guard to save his life, I'm hoping we are shooting higher with a trade for a PG since that guy would probably need to start some games at the start of the season because of DC's suspension (and the last thing we want is to dig a hole to start the season).

According to ESPN the Rockets are still looking for a new center. They wanted Bogut and are now looking at Dedmon.
So I can see them being interested in Koufos as well.
Koufos for Beverley would make a lot sense. Beverley fits right into what we are trying to do and he is on a very good contract for the next years so we would already have our back up pg for the future locked up.
If the Rockets don't bite because they want a pg back when dealing Beverley we could try to facilitate a three way deal with the Bulls.
Kings get: Beverley, Mcdermott, Gibson
Rockets get: Koufos, Calderon
Bulls get: Gay, Mclemore

According to ESPN the Rockets are still looking for a new center. They wanted Bogut and are now looking at Dedmon.
So I can see them being interested in Koufos as well.
Koufos for Beverley would make a lot sense. Beverley fits right into what we are trying to do and he is on a very good contract for the next years so we would already have our back up pg for the future locked up.
If the Rockets don't bite because they want a pg back when dealing Beverley we could try to facilitate a three way deal with the Bulls.
Kings get: Beverley, Mcdermott, Gibson
Rockets get: Koufos, Calderon
Bulls get: Gay, Mclemore
I like Beverley, but giving up Gay, Mclemore and Koufos for him would be insanity. In my opinion, Gibson is past his use-by date and I didn't want McDermott when we could have drafted him, and nothing has changed.

I'd just pitch a Gay-for-Rubio trade straight up to Minnesota. Both fill needs, and they can throw on sweeteners to the deal if need be.

I like Beverley, but giving up Gay, Mclemore and Koufos for him would be insanity. In my opinion, Gibson is past his use-by date and I didn't want McDermott when we could have drafted him, and nothing has changed.

I'd just pitch a Gay-for-Rubio trade straight up to Minnesota. Both fill needs, and they can throw on sweeteners to the deal if need be.
Rubio is where its at and im sure Vlade is onto this. If we can get him without giving up Rudy that would be highly positive. It might take Collison going the other way - a vet to help Dunn settle but id be looking to pitch that.

We need Rudys offense, im open to trading him but we need a good level of offensive production from what we get in return and i feel we can totally get Rubio without giving up Rudy

You think there's any chance Vlade can sway Teodosic?
He could but I don't thin he would. I think Teo is still under contract with CSKA and there would be a hefty buyout. On top of that we are putting together a gritty defensive team and Teodosic just doesn't fit that.

Of course I wouldnt give up Gay and Ben for Beverley as well. I look at it more as two seperate deals. The first is Beverly for Koufos. Pretty fair deal I think. The second is Gay and Ben for Mcdermott and Gibson. Obviously Chicago gets the best player but Mcdermott contract is much better than Gays and we also bolster our bench with Gibson who is still solid. Mcdermott has more 2 years on his rookie deal and then becomes a RFA whereas Rudy has a player option and can leave for nothing next year, that's why I think we try to move him.
But of course if you don't like McDermott I can see why you don't like this trade proposal.
I like your Rubio deal as well.

K

KingMilz

#1 Lawson: Plenty of problems but the potential if he can comeback to what he was 2 years ago is still intriguing
#2 Shelvin Mack via trade: solid all around PG with good size him and DC could even play together
#3 Devin Harris via trade excellent defender still and a quality back up

Ideally if we could do the 3 way deal involving Gay for Wilson Chandler (injury risk but excellent fit) or Marcus Morris and a decent back up PG I would do it. The other SF I have interest in is Otto Portor who is in his last year of a rookie contract and the Wizards have Kelly Obrue waiting in the wings.

#1 Lawson: Plenty of problems but the potential if he can comeback to what he was 2 years ago is still intriguing
#2 Shelvin Mack via trade: solid all around PG with good size him and DC could even play together
#3 Devin Harris via trade excellent defender still and a quality back up

Ideally if we could do the 3 way deal involving Gay for Wilson Chandler (injury risk but excellent fit) or Marcus Morris and a decent back up PG I would do it. The other SF I have interest in is Otto Portor who is in his last year of a rookie contract and the Wizards have Kelly Obrue waiting in the wings.
I'm a big believer in Porter. I'd give up Gay for him easily.

Ideally, we would trade Gay, Koufos, & 2017 1st (protection lowered to top 3) for Porter & Gibson in a 3 way deal.

I don't think we are touching Lawson with a 10 foot pole.

Mario Chalmers might be an option with the emphasis on might!
I'd rather take a risk on Lawson. If he can return to the form he had in Denver, he can be another scorer, and he is a capable play maker as well. Granted he's had off court issues and not done anything for two years, but perhaps the right situation can get him back on track?

Chalmers played under Joerger so there's a possibility he's on the radar, but he's coming off a ruptured Achilles. So will he be ready and comeback strong? As a bench player with Collison starting he's a solid veteran, but that injury is really tough to comeback from.

I'd rather take a risk on Lawson. If he can return to the form he had in Denver, he can be another scorer, and he is a capable play maker as well. Granted he's had off court issues and not done anything for two years, but perhaps the right situation can get him back on track?

Chalmers played under Joerger so there's a possibility he's on the radar, but he's coming off a ruptured Achilles. So will he be ready and comeback strong? As a bench player with Collison starting he's a solid veteran, but that injury is really tough to comeback from.
One thing about Lawson is that he is COMPLETELY the opposite to what we targeted this free agency and draft period. He doesn't provide length. He is not a good defender. He is not a scrapper. If Karl was our coach he would want him but Lawson is so opposite to what Joerger is looking for.

Joerger is on record that we want to build a scrappy, defensive minded team that play for each other and care for each other. Everyone and I mean everyone on our list is either long, scrappy or known or has been known as a good defender.

All the players we drafted bring length. All the players we agreed to terms are known as good defenders (though Afflalo has not been a defender he once was but he at least has a reputation as a solid defender).

Chalmers is no doubt a risk for us but he is the type of PG that we would be looking for. Good to great defender, solid passer that can shoot the 3.

K

KingMilz

Another PG I forgot to mention is Brian Roberts who has shown he can play well as a fill in starter in New Orleans he's currently in Portland where they really have no use for him unless there's a injury to CJ or Lillard. I know a lot of people on here are really high on Pat Bev but I'm actually hoping the Pelicans also waive Tony Douglas who fits the mould of a ultra scrapper who can shoot it a bit. Tony Douglas along with Temple would be a fairly good defensive back up duo to go along with Barnes/Casspi and maybe Toliver as a undersized C (assuming Koufos is traded) for floor spacing.

Id take Chalmers 1000 times before I even start considering Lawson. Well, I'd play I. Cousins rather than Lawson, even if I've never seen Cousins play.

Lawson is the last player I want to see in a Kings uniform. I don't understand why people want him (well, I understand, he used to be a good scorer, he still has a name, so for the casual fan this is more than enough to say he could be good).

We are trying to build a defensive team. We need defense! Not chukers who can't guard their own shadow.

Another PG I forgot to mention is Brian Roberts who has shown he can play well as a fill in starter in New Orleans he's currently in Portland where they really have no use for him unless there's a injury to CJ or Lillard. I know a lot of people on here are really high on Pat Bev but I'm actually hoping the Pelicans also waive Tony Douglas who fits the mould of a ultra scrapper who can shoot it a bit. Tony Douglas along with Temple would be a fairly good defensive back up duo to go along with Barnes/Casspi and maybe Toliver as a undersized C (assuming Koufos is traded) for floor spacing.
Now Douglas is precisely the type of back up we would be looking at.

Would anyone be willing to trade Ben for MCW straight up? It works on trade machine...

Hear me out. Yes he's limited and makes poor decisions, but he's still young and he's huge for a PG and would fit right in with what we are trying to do. He's SG size, so defensively there is hope. Also Ben is not doing anything for us and will now be buried on the bench. You could do worse than MCW as a backup.

Of course I wouldnt give up Gay and Ben for Beverley as well. I look at it more as two seperate deals. The first is Beverly for Koufos. Pretty fair deal I think.
Why does Houston want to give up Beverly? Right now he's there starting PG never mind for a career backup in Koufos. They were reportedly talking about moving him but that was during the draft and before free agency now all of the free agent PG's are gone. Bev plays really good defense and is still only 27 he's not a throw away guy.

Enough with the Rubio dream too. The only asset outside of Cousins is WCS and maybe Gay. I would give up Gay for him but not WCS, unfortunately I don't think the Wolves would want Gay.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Why does Houston want to give up Beverly? Right now he's there starting PG never mind for a career backup in Koufos. They were reportedly talking about moving him but that was during the draft and before free agency now all of the free agent PG's are gone. Bev plays really good defense and is still only 27 he's not a throw away guy.

Enough with the Rubio dream too. The only asset outside of Cousins is WCS and maybe Gay. I would give up Gay for him but not WCS, unfortunately I don't think the Wolves would want Gay.
Beverley is not a D'Antoni PG, at all.

Of course Harden is a problematic figure on that front, and Beverley fits next to him, so we'll see. Would have thought GMs (or in this case the owner) would have learned from the New York and Lakers periods, but wisdom is not a highly sought after trait in the NBA.

The problem is, even if you wanted Beverley, we can't offer him a more D'Antoni PG figure (a sign and trade with Rondo actually would have been closer, sans shooting), and even if we could that player would not fit next to Harden's ballhoggery.