Free Agency

Holy ****, all hell is breaking loose! Mozgov and Noah?? Glad we weren't the idiots for once.... and wow, the max for Chandler Parsons...., go ahead Blazers, sink your own ship. With Dame and Parsons, you'll barely have enough money left to fill out the rest of your roster in a couple years time (or even less).

We have to be really careful here not to overpay anybody by an astronomical amount. It would kill us later.

So these are the agreed deals so far

Mozgov 4 year $64 million with LAL

Jordan Clarkson 4 year $50 million deal (probably most reasonable deal so far)

DeRozen 5 year $139 million with Toronto

Batum 5 year 120 million with Charlotte

Drummond close to agreeing to 5 year $130 million with Detroit

DJ Augustin agrees to 3 year deal with Orlando. Amount unknown at the moment

Ish Smith agrees to 3 year deal with Detroit. Amount unknown.

Chandler Parsons offered 4 years $96 million deal by Portland

Bradley Beal close to extension with Washington for 5 years and $128 million

Noah discussing 4 year $72 million

Teams losing their marbles!

Holy ****, all hell is breaking loose! Mozgov and Noah?? Glad we weren't the idiots for once.... and wow, the max for Chandler Parsons...., go ahead Blazers, sink your own ship. With Dame and Parsons, you'll barely have enough money left to fill out the rest of your roster in a couple years time (or even less).

We have to be really careful here not to overpay anybody by an astronomical amount. It would kill us later.
Absolutely agree with you! The market is going ballistic. Mozgov and Noah is nothing compared to $139 mil/5yr for DeRozan. That is outright suicidal. Cyanide.

So these are the agreed deals so far

Mozgov 4 year $64 million with LAL

Jordan Clarkson 4 year $50 million deal (probably most reasonable deal so far)

DeRozen 5 year $139 million with Toronto

Batum 5 year 120 million with Charlotte

Drummond close to agreeing to 5 year $130 million with Detroit

DJ Augustin agrees to 3 year deal with Orlando. Amount unknown at the moment

Ish Smith agrees to 3 year deal with Detroit. Amount unknown.

Chandler Parsons offered 4 years $96 million deal by Portland

Bradley Beal close to extension with Washington for 5 years and $128 million

Noah discussing 4 year $72 million

Teams losing their marbles!
I love to look at those figures! Every deal just makes the Kings stronger. Vlade is my man big time. He brought in 3 great NBA prospects on long term rookie deals and Bogdanovic, who will get a good but decent deal. When all those other teams will be crippled by their present deals, Vlade has all the options open for him. Great to have a FO that truly understands basketball.

Absolutely agree with you! The market is going ballistic. Mozgov and Noah is nothing compared to $139 mil/5yr for DeRozan. That is outright suicidal. Cyanide.
Well with DeRozen you can at least kind of understand it. Entering his prime years, already an all-star, US team representative, one of the better SGs in the league where there are not many (if any) truly great SGs.

But some other contracts are genuinely WTF!

Well with DeRozen you can at least kind of understand it. Entering his prime years, already an all-star, US team representative, one of the better SGs in the league where there are not many (if any) truly great SGs.

But some other contracts are genuinely WTF!
I'm trying to understand, but $28 mil a year is as paralyzing as the Kobe contracts for the team. He is eating about 30% of their salary cap.

I am still in shock with some of the signings.

Just let this sink in a bit for you. Koufos is a better player, yet he will earn a tpuch over $8 million next season which is a half of what Mozgov is going to be earning next season

Kosta is a ****ing bargain. So are Cousins, Rudy, Collison, Casspi....crap even McLemore is underpaid these days.

I'm trying to understand, but $28 mil a year is as paralyzing as the Kobe contracts for the team. He is eating about 30% of their salary cap.
He got max money, he was always going to get max money only under this cap it's much more.

And bare in mind regarding all of this contracts that next year the cap will jump again- projected to go from 94 to 107- so in a pan of 2 years it has gone up from 70 to 107- so in cosiderations of big contracts they know that they have nothing better to use that on this year and next year it would be less than max.

Would've liked for us to go after DJ Augustin and Ish Smith, unfortunately woke up to see them both locked up which is disappointing. I guess we're focused on bigger fish...like Dion Waiters. I kid, I'm not as upset as most at the idea of Dion as a backup for Lee if we're able to land him. I've not heard much about Avery Bradley either but i really wish we would have reached out to Jeremy Lin already.

Goddammit. I thought we would have had some kind of interest in Lin. With his personal values though I can see him not wanting to come our way. I'm even more pissed that its looking like we'll be signing Rondo again. I really hope it's a 1 yr deal.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lin is signing with Brooklyn, one less competitor for Rondo
Just saw that. Not sure who would pursue Rondo now. If the Kings aren't interested in not sure where he'd sign.

Rondo to Brooklyn never made a lot of sense to me given the Nets coach & GM's ties to San Antonio (Marks as assistant Spurs GM and Atkinson as an assistant under Budenholzer) and Rondo not being a good fit for that sort of system.

Lin makes more sense given that Arkinson was a big part of Lin's emergence in NY. And since Lin was looking for a starting job I have to think he's their guy and not going to be a 6th man.

I think Vlade is content to see the market for Rajon and only make a play for him if it's seems he can be signed for less than expected.

I'm not big on him returning but if he does hopefully it isn't an overpay.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Haven't heard any rumblings about Conley yet....Dion Waiters supposedly has said he'd like to go play back home in Philly but maybe that's agent talk. Dude, shot 39% from the floor but has some big name teams interested in him. I don't get it.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sources are saying that Conley and Parsons have had many conversations about playing in Memphis but not in Dallas....still Conley meeting with Dallas today and Parson will not be returning to Dallas.

Just saw that. Not sure who would pursue Rondo now. If the Kings aren't interested in not sure where he'd sign.

Rondo to Brooklyn never made a lot of sense to me given the Nets coach & GM's ties to San Antonio (Marks as assistant Spurs GM and Atkinson as an assistant under Budenholzer) and Rondo not being a good fit for that sort of system.

Lin makes more sense given that Arkinson was a big part of Lin's emergence in NY. And since Lin was looking for a starting job I have to think he's their guy and not going to be a 6th man.

I think Vlade is content to see the market for Rajon and only make a play for him if it's seems he can be signed for less than expected.

I'm not big on him returning but if he does hopefully it isn't an overpay.

Yeah I think the priority right now in free agency is that shooting guard position . Take care of that by either signing Lee or Crabbe first , then worry about PG . Worse case scenario for PG is we start Collison which isn't so bad .

.... and there is no link.

Where is that 14 mil for Waiters coming from.

Fansided put bombastic title "Kings offering 14 million to Waiters" only to quote this tweet
"Waiters offer from Sacramento could be in the arena of $14 mill, according to @BobbyMarks42https://twitter.com/cusesigel/status/748733816492077056 …"
(Guess a deal will be made in some cheap arena).

Oh, btw, link they quoted leads to this tweet:
"Dion could be joining Malachi in Sacramento, according to @WojVerticalNBA. Kings expected to make an offer - OKC can match."

Oh, btw, Bobby Marks twitter feed at https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42 has only "A player gaining significant traction in Sacramento, sources tell @TheVertical: Dion Waiters. Kings have a need for backcourt scoring." from Chris Mannix

BS
It's not BS. Yahoo had their own streaming show last night and I think that's where he said it. They announced deals on the show before anyone tweeted it out.

Sorry But Rondo chasing money in Brooklyn means we were his absolute last choice. Don't see Vlade paying him.

Not sure where we are going. I guess Delly. Need a big two guard to play with him and DC. A good version of Ben by trading him and Rudy (don't know who the). Then a max offer coming for Anderson but still worried he plays in LA..