Free Agency

Go back to last years finals. If these other turds are worth it so is he. Delly is the kind of dirty player that will excel under Joerger.
What about this years finals? I don't think he's worth it. But if he goes for $10, I think Lin is worth an extra $2 million. Or like I said in another post, trade for a pg

What about this years finals? I don't think he's worth it. But if he goes for $10, I think Lin is worth an extra $2 million. Or like I said in another post, trade for a pg

Kyrie Irving took all his minutes and they didn't want to play small at SG. I'd say being dumped for a player putting on a once in a lifetim type of show in the finals is an OK excuse.

We may have to have patience with Vlade because some of these contracts are going to be insane. This new salary cap stuff is inflating previous notions of worth.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BTW, some of these may have appeared earlier in he thread, but its late and I'm too lazy to scan the whole thing, so I'll re-reproduce them here:

Sam Amick: As for Rajon Rondo, it sounds as if that situation may take some time to play out. Other pieces (SG, stretch four) will be prioritized.
4 hours ago – via Twitter sam_amick

Sam Amick: For Kings crowd, I’m told they have eyes for Ryan Anderson, Courtney Lee (both unrestricted), & Allen Crabbe (restricted) – among others
4 hours ago – via Twitter sam_amick

Tim Bontemps: Have heard the same, along with Allen Crabbe, as I believe @Sam Amick reported. Kings going hard after young SGs. – RT: Chris Mannix: A player gaining significant traction in Sacramento, sources tell @TheVertical: Dion Waiters. Kings have a need for backcourt scoring.
2 hours ago – via Twitter TimBontemps

Bill Herenda: ‘Sacramento serious about offer to Dion Waiters” according to Adrian Wojnarowski. “Allen Crabbe on #Kings radar”
49 mins ago – via Twitter billherenda

Tim MacMahon: Shooting guard Courtney Lee is getting early interest from the Knicks and Kings, a league source said.
13 mins ago – via Twitter espn_macmahon
If Vlade could pull, 2 of the above I'd be a happy camper. All quality players, still in their prime (Lee on the downside though) and are theoretically great fits with our franchise player. Those are 3 excellent targets for us.

Waiters I would never forgive though

Dion waiters is okay or average on defense. His defense helped OKC beat the spurs and helped push the warriors to the brink.

Although I would prefer defensive stopper like Courtney Lee, waiters is much younger and can still develop his game.

I think waiters may be good gamble for the kings. Worse case, he would be an effective 6th man type player.

Dion waiters is okay or average on defense. His defense helped OKC beat the spurs and helped push the warriors to the brink.

Although I would prefer defensive stopper like Courtney Lee, waiters is much younger and can still develop his game.

I think waiters may be good gamble for the kings. Worse case, he would be an effective 6th man type player.
Stop it.

Don't delude yourself into thinking Waiters is a good player or he'd magically become a good player for us.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Blazers offered a max deal to Chandler Parsons -- can we take this Waiters money and offer it to Moe Harkless instead? What are we going to do with another SG who can't shoot? At least get someone who can play defense on the wing.

Saw speculation, that max for Parsons means no matching for Crabbe, but I think, it actually means Harkless is free to go. That said, I don't think, Harkless is any better, than Solo Hill, who is likely to have less buzz in FA.

The Blazers offered a max deal to Chandler Parsons -- can we take this Waiters money and offer it to Moe Harkless instead? What are we going to do with another SG who can't shoot? At least get someone who can play defense on the wing.
This. We need defense first, versatile, lengthy, athletic guys, who can hit 3's at a league average rate. Assuming those reports are true, I really don't understand, what our goal is.

A team of

DC/Curry/X/Cousins
X/Ben/Solo/Richardson
Gay/Casspi/Harkless
WCS/Skal
Boogie/KK/Papa

doesn't look like much and has a slight logjam at the SF/smallball PF position, but there is a lot of defensive toughness, length, rebounding, athleticism and decent shooting. Creating offense might be the achilles heel, but at least we would be set on the other end of the floor, which I gladly take given the horrendous defensive performances we are used to watch year in and year out. Add Lee to the mix and we are talking about a team with above average defense at every position, with a weakness at PG, that could be adressed by trading one of the good value contracts of Gay or KK. Given that Bogdanovic could come over next year, we would be in a great spot to make a few Po runs with this core.

I tried to find an angle on Waiters that would make sense for us... no luck.
Not big G, terrible shooter, poor assists, had playing time to show what he can do and at 25 probably very close to finished product.
Apparently not much of a D guy either.

I trust Vlade enough that I think this is Waiters agent pulling Monte Ellis on the league.

We are moving toward the right direction imo. We bought different draft picks which means have (hopefully) good players playing for free under the new salary cap, then filling up the roster with european players in order to attract other ones as you cannot compare new NBA salaries with European ones (and European players would rather play in situations where they can feel comfortable in, just check out all the European players dreaming about playing for the Spurs), now it's time to use our good contracts which are not needed anymore (Koufos?) to buy other players signed under old salary cap (Rubio? Bledsoe?). Please, don't screw everything up signing Dion Waiters type of players, please.

.... and there is no link.

Where is that 14 mil for Waiters coming from.

Fansided put bombastic title "Kings offering 14 million to Waiters" only to quote this tweet
"Waiters offer from Sacramento could be in the arena of $14 mill, according to @BobbyMarks42https://twitter.com/cusesigel/status/748733816492077056 …"
(Guess a deal will be made in some cheap arena).

Oh, btw, link they quoted leads to this tweet:
"Dion could be joining Malachi in Sacramento, according to @WojVerticalNBA. Kings expected to make an offer - OKC can match."

Oh, btw, Bobby Marks twitter feed at https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42 has only "A player gaining significant traction in Sacramento, sources tell @TheVertical: Dion Waiters. Kings have a need for backcourt scoring." from Chris Mannix

BS