Let's Make the Playoffs! & The State of the Opposition

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Only two of those are even worth discussion: Davis and Towns. And the reason they are not available is because those organizations are far brighter than Kings fans apparently and would never trade their franchise big men for anything, which is the only appropriate response.
Towns will be around a winning culture before Cousins will most likely. If he stays here in Sacramento that is. Davis' team is having a down year....question is can they make up for their early season struggles and make a run at the playoffs twice in a row in a weaker than usual West?

I would like to see at least a 2-2 road trip. The Minnesota game was a huge disappointment. I need to see some consistently better games on the road before I get too excited about the playoffs again. I'm a firm believer that a team's true character shows on the road.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I would like to see at least a 2-2 road trip. The Minnesota game was a huge disappointment. I need to see some consistently better games on the road before I get too excited about the playoffs again. I'm a firm believer that a team's true character shows on the road.
All too true. They need to string multiple road wins before optimism turns around. When optimism is too high...you get dumped on and thrown into a well. It's simple Kings analogy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
All too true. They need to string multiple road wins before optimism turns around. When optimism is too high...you get dumped on and thrown into a well. It's simple Kings analogy.
Let's be honest. YOUR optimism might require multiple road wins. A whole bunch of us aren't that picky.

I

Im Still Ballin

Denver just lost, my faith in New Orleans came through. If anything, this new team this year has brought us hope and excitement. In late December no less.... This shall be a fun season. Hopefully we can establish ourselves above the rest. After that 1-7 start and multiple injuries, it's good to be here, in this position, at this time of the season.

I

Im Still Ballin

Do not forget context my friend. Our record is shaky, but what matters is if you are in the 8 at the end of the year. As of right now we are a huge chance... That simple fact should be room for optimism. That being said, we could be so much better. we're in the hunt. It feels GREAT to say that.

Utah is playing Phoenix tomorrow. Gah...who do we root for? I say Phoenix since they have 17 Ls already and have simply played two more games than us to reach 12 wins.
Minnesota playing in Boston tomorrow, so even though they didn't work that hard for the Brooklyn W, it's still a back to back against a pesky Boston team.
Denver is playing the lakers at home on Tuesday, so that's an unfortunate W for then : ( BUT, they then travel to Phoenix on a back to back and I say we root for Phoenix again to carve in to Denver's Ls.

Look at other teams road records. Most of the elite teams are above .500 on the road (GSW is an anomaly at 14-1 on the road). A lot of teams in the Playoff hunt have losing road records. IMO for the Kings to make some noise in the Playoffs they must dominate at Home and play .500 ball on the road.

Right now, we are 2 games out of the 8th seed that the Jazz currently hold. The good news is that we are in a 4-way tie for 9th.

The Jazz and Timberwolves have almost guaranteed losses tonight. In addition to that, the Nuggets and Suns play each other tonight, so one of the them has to lose. With that said, it is a night like tonight that we have to take advantage of the schedule.

Thus, if we win tonight, we can move into 9th and be one game out of the playoffs heading into Christmas. With the horrible start we had, I'll take it.

I

Im Still Ballin

We win

Minnesota getting pumped by the Spurs

Portland getting destroyed by New Orleans

Phoenix and Denver play eachother

Utah vs Golden state later

Good night for us

Still did not see this game (Indiana). However, I will certainly watch it once I get home.

Once again I just want to say that, please, keep your cool. Don't start the witch hunt after every loss. The team is good. Indiana is a very good team in the (strong) East. The Kings need some "industrial peace" to improve the team. This is a PO run which I think will be successful.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hard to see better than 5-3 in our next 8:

POR
@GSW
PHI
PHX
@OKC
@DAL
LAL
GSW

and can only avoid 4-4 by taking out the old men in Dallas, on the second night of a back to back.

Very important we have no lapses at home next week, and pick up the Portland, Philly and Phoenix games. Hang in there. 4-4 leaves us 16-21. 5-3 gets us to 17-20 with winnable but far from guaranteed games NOH and @UTH coming up next

POR
@GSW
PHI
PHX
@OKC
@DAL
LAL
GSW

and can only avoid 4-4 by taking out the old men in Dallas, on the second night of a back to back.

Very important we have no lapses at home next week, and pick up the Portland, Philly and Phoenix games. Hang in there. 4-4 leaves us 16-21. 5-3 gets us to 17-20 with winnable but far from guaranteed games NOH and @UTH coming up next
Ah this is the stretch I was waiting for. Is it outlandish to think we could have a 5 game winning streak? I think we just need to get lucky vs OKC.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

POR
@GSW
PHI
PHX
@OKC
@DAL
LAL
GSW

Aside from the Warriors games, those are all winnable. Anything below 4-4 would probably be a disappointment. Somehow beating the Warriors would be icing on the cake.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Methinks people might be a tad disrespecting the 19-9 Thunder who are 8-2 in their last 10 and 13-3 at home. Probably the #4 team in the league.
Oh whoops, thought we were playing them at Sleep Train. That said, Boogie is still going to be a problem for them (barring our offensive game plan sending him out to the perimeter all night) and Rondo should at least make Westbrook work for his points. The team managed to play them tough last time around so we could wind up seeing a very motivated Thunder and getting our pants blown off. Then again stranger things have happened this year than a Kings win

An interesting what-if:

If the Kings had simply won the games they should have won (instead of crapping all over the court) against the T-Wolves and the Wizards, as well as the Charlotte meltdown and one other (either Thunder or T-Wolves again), they would be tied for the FOURTH SEED right now with Dallas and the Clips!