JT wants to get traded (and other trade discussion)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Slightly off topic but why the hell can't we trade like Thunder?! They CLEANED UP!

Good luck to whomever plays them in 1st round
It starts with stockpiling first round picks and developing them. You have to have something other team's want to get a good return. That takes a lot of cooperation between the scouting department and the coaching staff. Maybe that's what Sam Hinkie is thinking with his trades today -- just keep drafting young players and developing them, then trade those players for multiple picks and so on until the right big deal comes along.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It starts with stockpiling first round picks and developing them. You have to have something other team's want to get a good return. That takes a lot of cooperation between the scouting department and the coaching staff. Maybe that's what Sam Hinkie is thinking with his trades today -- just keep drafting young players and developing them, then trade those players for multiple picks and so on until the right big deal comes along.
I'm not quite sure that Sam Hinkie is actually thinking. Stockpiling picks is great. Making it so you have four picks in the first round and another handful in the second round IN A SINGLE YEAR is overkill. You don't want to be picking against yourself in the draft (See the Bulls with Curry and Chandler or the T-Wolves with Jonny Flynn and Rubio) and that's what the Sixers are coming dangerously close to doing.

I'm not quite sure that Sam Hinkie is actually thinking. Stockpiling picks is great. Making it so you have four picks in the first round and another handful in the second round IN A SINGLE YEAR is overkill. You don't want to be picking against yourself in the draft (See the Bulls with Curry and Chandler or the T-Wolves with Jonny Flynn and Rubio) and that's what the Sixers are coming dangerously close to doing.
You remember our big draft of 4?

Think it was The L'train, Causewell, Bonner, and Mays if I can remember right been so long.

LOL

Well at least Simmons was a pretty solid player.

That's a shocker. :D Go home King's PR staff, you're drunk.
500 something posts based on a false leak (and talk of Dragic, who had and has no interest in coming here). JT pointed out that the original tweet was taken down fairly quickly.

He actually sounded pretty excited about having a real coach.

Funny, the media didn't bother reporting anything the actual JT said, and you can still read about how his camp demanded a trade according to a source, apparently not his camp.

Like he's in any position to demand a trade.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
God, I wish the Kings had their problem.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We had four first round picks in a draft once; it didn't turn out great.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
They said that about last year's draft, too. As near as I can tell, they were lying. This will be the second year in a row where it's allegedly going to be "the deepest draft since..."

hrdboild

Staff member
They said that about last year's draft, too. As near as I can tell, they were lying. This will be the second year in a row where it's allegedly going to be "the deepest draft since..."
The lottery is very good. There's no can't-miss number 1 guy, but there are very good talents from 1 to about 14 if all the projected players do enter the draft, which is better than most years. The strength of this draft, I think, is in the 5-10 range which looks a lot better than it usually does. 15 and below is about the same as every year. A few gems and a lot of guys who won't have much of an NBA career.

As for last year, it was never that deep. It was top heavy. There were only about 6 guys that I saw with star potential and most of them were young/raw. Both Wiggins and Parker were as good as advertised. Embiid might be. Randle barely played. Saric is doing well in Europe. The jury is still out on the rest. It's the "wait and see" draft. Other than perhaps Parker, I don't think a single one of them came in NBA ready.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Staff member
But that's my point, though. People were describing the 2014 draft like that, too.
Don't listen to those people anymore. :D

Also... this is just the nature of the draft now. The top 10 this year is almost all freshmen, like it is pretty much every year since the one-and-done rule started. None of these guys are NBA ready. You won't really know what you have until 3 years down the line.