[Grades] Grades v. Warriors 2/3/2015

What's your favorite Mexican/Tex/Mex dish?

• Tacos!

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Burritos!

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Enchiladas!

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Tostadas!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quesadillas!

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Nachos!

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Fajitas!

• Carnitas!

• Chili!

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Tamales!

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sometimes there are no words. Other times there are words but it would not be appropriate to use them. I'm not sure if I can even find enough emotion to figure out which is which.

Slim used to have an avatar that expressed failure at attempting to give a damn. That's where I am right now. Congratulations, Vivek, PDA, and the rest. You did what the Maloofs never could. You killed my passion for a team I've loved since 1985.

Sometimes there are no words. Other times there are words but it would not be appropriate to use them. I'm not sure if I can even find enough emotion to figure out which is which.

Slim used to have an avatar that expressed failure at attempting to give a damn. That's where I am right now. Congratulations, Vivek, PDA, and the rest. You did what the Maloofs never could. You killed my passion for a team I've loved since 1985.
This is better than I could have stated it.

What you guys are asking seems to be dangerous, so juvenile, very unprofessional, and not funny. It is just basically asking for more chaos, trouble, and heartaches for us fans. Besides, there are no credible reports that the players are doing this for Malone. You guys don't even know if the memo from Vivek/FO is to go tank-mode. And let us say hypothetically that you guys are right that the players are revolting because of the ouster of Malone. What if Vivek/FO who we all know have the power to decide don't back down, concluded Cousins is the ultimate immature player, and decided to trade him? Are you ready to lose Cousins (because you want to die for Malone) and start this rebuilding all over again?:rolleyes:
We started the rebuild over with the Malone firing. What was being built got burned to the ground, and as yet, the FO has made no attempt to fix it.

Neither the players or fans have any reason to care right now.

No offense, but wake the **** up to what has happened here.

I'd be ecstatic for Boogie if they traded him. Many here would be. What the FO has done is inexcusable and I wish Boogie didn't have to play for such an unprofessional organization. Truly.

It'd make the decision to dump this team for good that much easier. I dare them.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
What you guys are asking seems to be dangerous, so juvenile, very unprofessional, and not funny. It is just basically asking for more chaos, trouble, and heartaches for us fans. Besides, there are no credible reports that the players are doing this for Malone. You guys don't even know if the memo from Vivek/FO is to go tank-mode.

And let us say hypothetically that you guys are right that the players are revolting because of the ouster of Malone.

What if Vivek/FO who we all know have the power to decide don't back down, concluded Cousins is the ultimate immature player, and decided to trade him?

Are you ready to lose Cousins (because you want to die for Malone) and start this rebuilding all over again?:rolleyes:
FWIW, the unresponsive Cousins watching his man receiving the ball for a layup under the basket is not something I'm down with. I don't think that speaks well for Cousins. That said, the unremitting arrogance of the FO has to be banished by humiliating losses. Otherwise, losing Cousins is going to be the least of this organization's concerns. You're looking at Oakland Raiders squared unless this organization gets shocked into submission.

dude12

Hall of Famer
This was the first game I've missed in as long as I can remember. Had a late meeting, instead of recording it, I didn't. And when I got home I could have watched the remaining 10-12 minutes but I already knew it was a blowout and I've already seen this act. Its hard to watch this when the FO has given me no hope.

We started the rebuild over with the Malone firing. What was being built got burned to the ground, and as yet, the FO has made no attempt to fix it.

Neither the players or fans have any reason to care right now.

No offense, but wake the **** up to what has happened here.

I'd be ecstatic for Boogie if they traded him. Many here would be. What the FO has done is inexcusable and I wish Boogie didn't have to play for such an unprofessional organization. Truly.

It'd make the decision to dump this team for good that much easier. I dare them.
There's part of me that wishes Tyreke and Cousins would go to the Spurs. Would love to see what a good coach could get out of them.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
FWIW, the unresponsive Cousins watching his man receiving the ball for a layup under the basket is not something I'm down with. I don't think that speaks well for Cousins. That said, the unremitting arrogance of the FO has to be banished by humiliating losses. Otherwise, losing Cousins is going to be the least of this organization's concerns. You're looking at Oakland Raiders squared unless this organization gets shocked into submission.
I dunno about that play. Seemed much ado about not much. A bizarre play, but something clearly amiss there. Cousins was efforting big time at that point in the game, and then all of a sudden he's wildly out of position and does not even move? No idea what happened, but it was like he didn't know the ball had been inbounded or something. Don't think it was intentional, not even sure I'd say it was lazy. Just not ready.

I could not agree more with this and it's also what I've been preaching the last few months.

Godspeed to the players in this battle. I support them BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY to exact punishment on the FO clowns and force change, and, as I've mentioned before... sincerely think the ultimate play is to organize and demand Malone be rehired. It would be an unprecedented move (to my knowledge), but it would restore respect to the organization -- even while humiliating the FO, but that could be minimized if they would only take a slice of humble pie and own up and apologize for the mistake they've made.
Personally I wouldn't even be mad if Malone was rehired and then ended up with the same record as Corbin. At least there's stability, buy-in, and a future to look toward to. We don't even know who coach is next year, or whether or not our key players will want to stay in SAC.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. I expect to lose every game due to the sabotage of the front office. I don't record any games. I might turn on a game if I am home just to see if they might get lucky, but most of the time I don't bother. I am only going to one more game this year because I got free tix. I am not buying any tickets even with the discounts they have now. One of the founding members of Crown Downtown, a Kings fan since 1985, moderator here at KF, and I just don't even give a **** anymore, and won't until some major POSITIVE changes happen.

Thanks PDA, Vivek, and Mullin. Great job.

I have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. I expect to lose every game due to the sabotage of the front office. I don't record any games. I might turn on a game if I am home just to see if they might get lucky, but most of the time I don't bother. I am only going to one more game this year because I got free tix. I am not buying any tickets even with the discounts they have now. One of the founding members of Crown Downtown, a Kings fan since 1985, moderator here at KF, and I just don't even give a **** anymore, and won't until some major POSITIVE changes happen.

Thanks PDA, Vivek, and Mullin. Great job.
Yours and VF's posts should be taken as the canarys in the coal mine.
VF especially, use to drive me crazy with how glass half full she was. Always looking on the bright side. Well, that's long gone. For us old timers, I wonder what ol positive Dave would have to say right now.

Vivek is treading into the dangerous world of fan apathy. Hey Vivek, Kings fans have seen dark dark days but we are knowledgeable fans. Don't think you can punch us in the groin over and over and expect that we're gonna come back every time. Speaking for myself, my breaking point was reached weeks and weeks ago.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I dunno about that play. Seemed much ado about not much. A bizarre play, but something clearly amiss there. Cousins was efforting big time at that point in the game, and then all of a sudden he's wildly out of position and does not even move? No idea what happened, but it was like he didn't know the ball had been inbounded or something. Don't think it was intentional, not even sure I'd say it was lazy. Just not ready.
It looked like he thought we were on offense.

ATTEMPTING TO GIVE A DAMN.gif

Sorry bud, but no. We don't know why that happened, but it wasn't an accident. He literally didn't move. It was a message to someone, and if his teammates aren't on board with that action it could cause a spiral.

That was my take as well. He screwed up, and by the time he realized it, it was too late.

Although if you want to believe that it's indicative of a grand labor-versus-management chess match with enormous implications, feel free.

You know... I planned on watching this game last night, then I kind of just hung out with my friends and decided to not watch it. we usually do watch it together, but last night i said No, I'm good. Then, I go to bed, get on my phone for a second, and see ben's sideline dunk, that was nice! I saw the score, and the time left, and though "hmm maybe I should go watch it", then I remember nothing will change, so i went to bed. Woke up to being right, surprise!

It was interesting to watch the Warriors last night because they clearly showed how far the Kings need to go to be an elite team. They play great defense and break all the time. They share the ball and make backdoor plays 5x as often as the Kings. They are a joy to watch. Kerr has done a masterful job with the Warriors. I like listening to other announcers do the Kings games. The Warriors announcers asked some important questions like "What have the Kings gotten out of all of those 1st round draft picks besides Cousins?" It is a fair question.

I am pretty disappointed with the Kings and now enjoy watching the opposition sometimes more than the Sacramento team.

sigh... I peek in at the score on my iPhone Kings app - that's it. Still considering wearing a bag of the Feb 8 game. It is as bad as it has ever been to be a Kings fan.

what is frustrating its the stubborn FO burying its head in the sand. Upbeat tweets from Chris Granger about the Arena - that's about it. It does seem more and more that Vivek is actually expecting the fan base to just stick this out - a tank for a draft pick, Mullin as coach next year - and figures it will all come out ok in the end - we will all forget by the time the new arena opens.

Vivek Ranadive is as reckless a customer service guy as I've ever seen. He has put his thumb in our eye with this stupid jazz band thing and I'm mad as hell about it. What is the end game?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
sigh... I peek in at the score on my iPhone Kings app - that's it. Still considering wearing a bag of the Feb 8 game. It is as bad as it has ever been to be a Kings fan.

what is frustrating its the stubborn FO burying its head in the sand. Upbeat tweets from Chris Granger about the Arena - that's about it. It does seem more and more that Vivek is actually expecting the fan base to just stick this out - a tank for a draft pick, Mullin as coach next year - and figures it will all come out ok in the end - we will all forget by the time the new arena opens.

Vivek Ranadive is as reckless a customer service guy as I've ever seen. He has put his thumb in our eye with this stupid jazz band thing and I'm mad as hell about it. What is the end game?
Interesting if not great way of putting it.

Being so critical so early in his tenure might not be fair of me but I wonder if he understands that abrupt changes take awhile to show their results as humans are not electronic parts or pieces of code? With humans you need to wait a bit and see if the chemistry develops. Not so with electronic parts. He needs patience before he truly can understand the result of a change.

Interesting if not great way of putting it.

Being so critical so early in his tenure might not be fair of me but I wonder if he understands that abrupt changes take awhile to show their results as humans are not electronic parts or pieces of code? With humans you need to wait a bit and see if the chemistry develops. Not so with electronic parts. He needs patience before he truly can understand the result of a change.
An owner would have to be blind, stupid, or more likely both - to fail to recognize the incredible and unlikely momentum that Coach Malone had established. I can almost accept that Vivek would have a momentary blind spot, but if he really surrounded himself with people even HALF as smart as him (unless they are terrified brown-nosers) they would have talked him out of firing Malone unless he had a splashy re-hire in the wings and even then he would be gambling.

So not only did he have a lapse of reason, he had nobody around him to make sure he didn't destroy the franchise in one big rash stupid decision.

And worse yet, there has been no repentance as yet. The funny thing is - he had the chance at a mulligan if he hired Coach Karl. Everybody would have accepted that as a reasonable different of philosophy/vision... a talent upgrade. But this Corbin substitute teacher thing is insulting to me, to Cuz, to every Kings player and fan.

Sorry bud, but no. We don't know why that happened, but it wasn't an accident. He literally didn't move. It was a message to someone, and if his teammates aren't on board with that action it could cause a spiral.
I agree. Cousins was on the wrong side of the player and facing the inbound passer. I'm not sure what the message was, but he was sending one

There's entirely too much talk of one defensive breakdown.

Guess what? We gave up 121 points. The team is a disaster. Coaching is a joke, the bench is worse than ever.

Are we really focusing on that one play?

Boogie absolutely dominated the second half after starting 1-7. He just wasn't ready on that play. I don't get why it's such a big deal when he was the best player on the court for either tean in the second half.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Guess what? We gave up 121 points. The team is a disaster. Coaching is a joke, the bench is worse than ever.

Boogie absolutely dominated the second half after starting 1-7. He just wasn't ready on that play. I don't get why it's such a big deal when he was the best player on the court for either tean in the second half.
Well, I mean, what good is carrying the team and saving the franchise from a 40 point loss when you take a single play off on defense?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
While that one defensive breakdown doesn't make or break the game, it does send a message no question. DeMarcus knew EXACTLY what he was doing there...but why just one play is the question? We have seen him do this in another game as well, so the first time you shake it off, but the second time? no...this is no coincidence.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
An owner would have to be blind, stupid, or more likely both - to fail to recognize the incredible and unlikely momentum that Coach Malone had established. I can almost accept that Vivek would have a momentary blind spot, but if he really surrounded himself with people even HALF as smart as him (unless they are terrified brown-nosers) they would have talked him out of firing Malone unless he had a splashy re-hire in the wings and even then he would be gambling.

So not only did he have a lapse of reason, he had nobody around him to make sure he didn't destroy the franchise in one big rash stupid decision.

And worse yet, there has been no repentance as yet. The funny thing is - he had the chance at a mulligan if he hired Coach Karl. Everybody would have accepted that as a reasonable different of philosophy/vision... a talent upgrade. But this Corbin substitute teacher thing is insulting to me, to Cuz, to every Kings player and fan.
At this point, I have come to the conclusion that Vivek Ranadive is the Emperor proudly showing off his new clothes. And anyone who dares to try and point out his actual lack of clothing is either shouted down or fired...or both.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
At this point, I have come to the conclusion that Vivek Ranadive is the Emperor proudly showing off his new clothes. And anyone who dares to try and point out his actual lack of clothing is either shouted down or fired...or both.
No crap!!!! It certainly seems to be something as immature as that. I hope he can change or we, as a TEAM, are screwed.

I think the answer to your question is that a number of folks on here have noticed a reduction in effort by Cuz. Nobody can put their finger on what's going on so this one play was maybe a glaring example. You're right , let's move on.