Questions for PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What do you want Dave to ask PDA on his radio show at 8 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 5? PDA reached out to Dave and said he'd come on his show and answer questions. Dave took him up on it and he (Dave) is gonna take live calls AND questions from fans who cannot call in.

Okay, SERIOUS questions only. Make them coherent with no name-calling or profanity. This is our chance to get our questions answered.

Any post that puts KF in a bad light is going to be removed. Just sayin'...
PLEASE read all the posts before you add yours. If someone has already asked the question you would like to ask, then LIKE that post. That way it will be easier to tell the most popular questions. Thanks.

ONE QUESTION PER POST, PLEASE.

Last edited:
I understand that sometimes egos and philosophical differences are impossible to fix, especially so early into the season. But can you explain why this wasn't done before training camp or after the season? Clearly you can't assume that firing a coach so early in the season is going to be an easy transition going forward for the players, right?

After this behavior by the FO, is he worried about attracting talent to want to come in and play in Sacramento? About getting Boogie to stay when the time comes? In order to decide whose posts get read to Pete, will it be the most likes or chosen by mods?

Would you rather A) win 55 games and make the playoffs, playing a half court offense or B) win 45 games playing the uptempo offense and not make the playoffs. Please respond with an A or B answer

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Guys - give everybody a chance. Post one or two questions. And check out my request in the OP. Thanks.

Does the front office have a plan in place for the team? Heading into the season, it was known that the team would be judged by wins and losses. The team manages to get off to the best start in years. Shockingly, Malone gets fired and we're told that it was due to "philosophical differences" and not wins/losses. Please clarify.

I don't think we should focus on questions regarding why Malone was fired. He very clearly said it was about style.

I'd go for questions like:
Fans are clearly upset. The team, by any measure, has clearly regressed. What can you do this season to assure them that you're working towards a winning product?

Sacramento fans have clearly stated that they don't care about style, but rather wins. What are you doing to build around DeMarcus and the style of play he is suited for to increase the win total for this season?

Sacramento fans clearly know their basketball, and loved the defensive style employed by Malone. Are you surprised by the backlash by a majority of the fanbase?

Stuff like that. Pull no punches.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Why are we moving to a "style" of play that does not fit our star personnel?

Why wasn't the team informed about the coaching changes or the signing of Corbin for the rest of the year?

Why has there been no open conversation with the best fans in the NBA about the turmoil they are seeing in the team? Boogie is frustrated, the team doesn't know what is going on, and the fans are in the dark. How is this acceptable to the front office? Was the fan and team reaction not anticipated?

WHAT IS THE PLAN FORWARD?

Why would you think a team headlined by cousins and gay would be improved by increasing pace? Not a question of can they run but aren't they better served by playing to their strengths?

And if the plan was to run, why make a move now to replace Malone who at least had the team playing together and playing hard with Corbin who also doesn't coach that type of system?

Why wasn't the team informed about the coaching changes or the signing of Corbin for the rest of the year?

Why has there been no open conversation with the best fans in the NBA about the turmoil they are seeing in the team? Boogie is frustrated, the team doesn't know what is going on, and the fans are in the dark. How is this acceptable to the front office? Was the fan and team reaction not anticipated?

I would like this a thousand times if possible.

how would you respond to a statementade by your franchise player that states.."we need to get back to being a defensive team" "we are not going to be a team that out scores the other team" "that's not us" -which implies that he thinks the exact opposite of what you want this team's play style to be.

If the leader of the team says that why would you not listen to him?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think we should focus on questions regarding why Malone was fired. He very clearly said it was about style.

I'd go for questions like:
Fans are clearly upset. The team, by any measure, has clearly regressed. What can you do this season to assure them that you're working towards a winning product?

Sacramento fans have clearly stated that they don't care about style, but rather wins. What are you doing to build around DeMarcus and the style of play he is suited for to increase the win total for this season?

Sacramento fans clearly know their basketball, and loved the defensive style employed by Malone. Are you surprised by the backlash by a majority of the fanbase?

Stuff like that. Pull no punches.
BUT ONE QUESTION PER POST or I'm going to be insane by midnight.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Could you break this down into separate questions? Remember, I have to pick 10 to forward to Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.