[Game] Game 2: Sacrificial Kiwis vs. Portalville Train Balmers 12/27/12, 7:00 BGM 10:00 EDY

I feel...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dude12

Hall of Famer
I do too but sometimes it is difficult.
Well, if you just concentrate on the game and the Kings for the love of the game and the team....I don't know, I get frustrated like many but come next game, I'm looking for a W from the team. Around and around we go, sometimes it feels like we are spinning our wheels but I'm always eager for the next game.

I also check out of here more often.....some of the comments just are piling on. I bought Ben played pretty good defense but many of the posts are just already locked into Ben sucks mode no matter what he does. So be it. I don't like JT but I don't spend the entire game piling on him for every move he makes.

Lets get a W tonight!

Can anyone explain to me in a logical viable way how we are going to win this game? I don't see it. And I am optimistic. Just not any good match-ups that favor the Kings anywhere on the floor. I hope Boogie goes off for 40 because someone has to make up for the lack of scoring from the shooting guard and power forward positions.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well, if you just concentrate on the game and the Kings for the love of the game and the team....I don't know, I get frustrated like many but come next game, I'm looking for a W from the team. Around and around we go, sometimes it feels like we are spinning our wheels but I'm always eager for the next game.

I also check out of here more often.....some of the comments just are piling on. I bought Ben played pretty good defense but many of the posts are just already locked into Ben sucks mode no matter what he does. So be it. I don't like JT but I don't spend the entire game piling on him for every move he makes.

Lets get a W tonight!
I'm negative as ****.... But gosh darn it buddy, thank goodness there is at least a LITTLE optimism left around here!!

+1 to your post good sir.

I'm expecting a bounce back game from Cuz. Boogie eats Portland. He doesnt even stop to chew.

If Collison can play good D on Lillard, and if our PF platoon can slow LMA (doubtful) we have ourselves a chance!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllly want to see a good game from Rudy tonight. I don't like him as a King, but every game I want him to prove me wrong. Prove me wrong Rudy!

It would also be thrilling to see some signs of life in our young SG rotation.

Final score prediction: Kings 96 Blazers 112

..Didn't I say I was negative as ****? :p

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me in a logical viable way how we are going to win this game? I don't see it. And I am optimistic. Just not any good match-ups that favor the Kings anywhere on the floor. I hope Boogie goes off for 40 because someone has to make up for the lack of scoring from the shooting guard and power forward positions.
We win this game if we somehow manage to shut down Lillard/Aldridge, or they just have bad games, and we are able to take care of the ball and get a big game from DMC as well as solid productions from some other guys

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Boogie smashed them all year last year, literally from the first week of the season to the last. If he can duplicate that, that's how you win it.

I would trade Rudy for Klay no problem. but i wouldn't be too thrilled with Paying Klay 70mil for 4 years :eek:
Over the next few years the new national TV deal is going to increase the cap significantly . It's all relative and if the caps sits at 90 million in a couple of year you can afford to pay Klay that kind of money. With all this cash there's also going to be a new collective bargaining agreement, and likely a lockout, in a couple of years. Players like Klay, Hayward and Parsons could be making a whole lot more in a market flush with cash and with newly negotiated max contracts.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-salary-caps-under-new-national-tv-contracts/

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Over the next few years the new national TV deal is going to increase the cap significantly . It's all relative and if the caps sits at 90 million in a couple of year you can afford to pay Klay that kind of money. With all this cash there also comes a new collective bargaining agreement, and likely a lockout, in a couple of years. Players like Klay, Hayward and Parsons could be making a whole lot more in a market flush with with cash and with newly negotiated max contracts.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-salary-caps-under-new-national-tv-contracts/
You might want to include that link in the thread devoted to the salary cap. :)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, Portland has a lot of talent, but Terry Stotts is a really bad coach. As far as I'm concerned, last season was a fluke, until proven otherwise. If the Kings can keep the game close, Stotts will find a way to ruin it for Portland.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm highly optimistic about tonight's game. I really wish my DVR hadn't failed to record game 1, because there were some things about the third quarter that I was really anxious to talk about - things I saw from STA that may or may not have come across on the broadcast that I think had an impact on the Kings and the eventual outcome. Since I couldn't go back and review, however, I had to let them pass. I think we'll do a lot better tonight.

GO KINGS! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You know, I've never lived in Northern California but, just judging off commercials, if I were in the mood for some pizza, and my car broke down in front of Pizza Guys, I think I might walk to the nearest Round Table.

What say the Sacto natives?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First impression: Ben needs to get that freaky white bandage off his head. Put something that better blends into his skin. I think the glare reflected off that huge patch might have caused temporary blindness in some of our guys. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody else LOVING the wearing of real colors by both teams and nobody wearing the stupid bland white?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
A graphic just popped up which said that the Kings were 0-20 in the Sacramento era when having as many as 27 turnovers in a game. The most alarming part of that statistic is that we've had twenty games in thirty years with at least twenty-seven turnovers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know, I've never lived in Northern California but, just judging off commercials, if I were in the mood for some pizza, and my car broke down in front of Pizza Guys, I think I might walk to the nearest Round Table.

Mountain Mikes for me whenever I'm in Sacramento.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

I don't like it near as much as Round Table or various local joints, but in terms of value per dollar I think it's probably pretty close to the top. Good pizza for poker night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I'm serious now. The bandaid has taken on the appearance of a third eye. I am now fixated to the point where I may not be able to focus on anything else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Darn it, Rudy. You gotta play smarter. Quit taking what the defense gives you. Quit making those sweet jumpers.

:p

Pizza Guy is rich mans Pizza Hut - that's how horrible its product is. PH advertises large for $7.99 and PG has only bit better at $10.99 when on special. Round Table is far better than both but you pay for what you get it seem. Don't eat much pizza anymore but seems at TV sports viewing party I might be indulging at bit. BTW, BenMac commercial makes IT look like a Shakespearian actor!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There he goes again. Making another basket. Geez... WTF are we gonna do with a guy whose making $19 million and looks like he wants to earn it?