Kings possible draft picks game

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Duke is done. If you go way back in one of these threads I suggested that Jabari Parker might stay in school another year to play with his buddy Jahlil Okafor. Given this loss, I wonder if he does just that.

P.S. Sorry about your bracket, baja ;)
Ahhh my bracket doesn't matter. I wish Duke had stayed longer so we could get a few more looks at Parker and Hood, but I've seen both play over 20 times this year already anyway. I knew I was taking a risk going with Duke in my final four. No size on the team, and that's hurt them all year long. Unless you count Plumlee, and he's been worthless most of the year. Can anyone tell me the name of their PG? Size and guard play are two ingredients you have to have to win the tourney. Go Florida!

We'll see with Parker. I've seen a lot of players say that, but when the rubber hits the road, and all that money is sitting there, along with the possibility of getting injured, most change their mind. Coach K has already said that Hood is gone. Duke does have a great recruiting class coming in next year in Jahlil Okafor and the top rated highschool PG in Tyrus Jones. So if Parker were to stay, I'm sure Duke would be the favorite to win the whole thing going in. That's on paper of course.

Duke's problem is not size per se: they won rebounding battle decisively, but rather inability to defend the middle. This should put to bed any Parker as PF talks - he's invisible defensively in the paint. As to him staying for another year: Marcus Smart might have an advice.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Duke's problem is not size per se: they won rebounding battle decisively, but rather inability to defend the middle. This should put to bed any Parker as PF talks - he's invisible defensively in the paint. As to him staying for another year: Marcus Smart might have an advice.
Its defensively that I was referring to. And that's both ways. Duke has had some trouble scoring inside against big teams, as well as defending them. The other problem with Duke, is their guard play. They had Sulaimon playing the point, and Cook coming off the bench. I think if they had a top PG they might have survived to play another day.