• Monty Williams

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Keith Smart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Easier said than done. If it was as easy as just playing 3-5ft off him, he wouldn't be among the league leaders in getting to the rim year after year.
He goes to the rim, but if you play off him and prepare for it, then he normally backfires on his own team. I laughed when Rudy finally laid off him and Tyreke committed a lazy turnover. Where was that the whole game?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Exactly. On some other bball message boards people speak of him like he will absolutely be first team nba and one of the leagues best players and I just can't project it
Well, if you take a look at his gamelog so far this season you'll get an idea about what people are so excited about. Most casual NBA fans watch other teams play only a couple times a year. The rest is reading boxscores and some of his numbers really pop off the page. Also, he's 20 years old. This is just a recap of the debate already taking place elsewhere on this forum, but a truly dominant low post scorer like DeMarcus is the rarest of rare talents in the modern NBA and we saw a glimpse of what he can be today too. In 30 minutes tonight (just under his season average) he tore through the Pelicans D like a wrecking ball.

Any guard that can penetrate is going to go off on this team. One thing the trades have brought is a total lack of understanding of how to defend together. With the old players we at least had that, its going to be a rough season unless we can start defending better.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm not sure what's going on, but it's a mistake to trade for Williams and immediately have him playing the best of his career and gaining confidence fast...then back away from him and completely change his feel and flow
I'm not sure what the front office is really thinking long-term with these two SFs, but I get the impression Williams might be the better player (between him and Gay) in a couple of years. He might actually be the better player this season in terms of fitting into a team offense and making other players better.

36 points allowed in the 4th Qtr LOL.. Maybe the Kings are tired and depressed. Offensively, they have no idea.. Nobody ever cuts and the plays are often poorly run with a high turnover probability. IT is the only player on the team with a 40%+ 3Pt and almost all over teams have a few 40%+. Would love to see Cousins give it up as soon as he is double/triple teams and kick it out for a 3 or open jump shot.

I am hoping that it is just they don't know each other yet, and a few practices will help.

K

KingMilz

I'm not sure what the front office is really thinking long-term with these two SFs, but I get the impression Williams might be the better player (between him and Gay) in a couple of years. He might actually be the better player this season in terms of fitting into a team offense and making other players better.
He is, I said he would suck off the bench his points are sort of like how AD gets his off broken plays/full courts plays and cuts he's not going to get that with the bench unit.

The guy needs to get playing time we are just going to destory his confidents again

I hate to say it, but it feels like he's right back in a similar situation he was in with the Wolves. In no mans land. I don't see how his game can progress like this. He's got a lot of potential, which we saw right away,...now we've backed away

K

KingMilz

I hate to say it, but it feels like he's right back in a similar situation he was in with the Wolves. In no mans land. I don't see how his game can progress like this. He's got a lot of potential, which we saw right away,...now we've backed away
It's going to be worse than Minny when Landry comes back

I think Malone and his staff go back to the lineup pre-trade. But the bigger issue is we need more balance to the roster and everyone is looking at you PDA.

Any guard that can penetrate is going to go off on this team. One thing the trades have brought is a total lack of understanding of how to defend together. With the old players we at least had that, its going to be a rough season unless we can start defending better.
YES you are right. I was noticing lately how many 110+ games we have allowed lately..

Earlier in the year we were far better on D
First 6 games this year we gave up 92 pts a game.
Last 7 games, 111.57!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Malone said he needs to "get some new players."
Dude doesnt mince words!

I like Malone. Dont know what the **** PDA is doing though. I gave him a break on the Gay trade because we didnt give up anything and I thought it would help us in the longish term (see: next season) by making us worse and getting us a nice expiring. Short term its going down just like I thought it would...Crap O, crap D, and doesnt address team needs at all.

If Malone was taking this more in stride I'd figure he and PDA are on the same page, but reading between the lines they appear to have differing philosophies as far as building a roster. All Malone does is talk defense...All PDA does is trade away defenders.

PDA has said that he isnt finished yet, so we will see what happens. I know its too early to judge...But watching Tyreke go off tonight was like pulling a scab off an old wound before its healed all the way. Gay playing like a pile of poop was the salt in said wound.

Dude doesnt mince words!

I like Malone. Dont know what the **** PDA is doing though. I gave him a break on the Gay trade because we didnt give up anything and I thought it would help us in the longish term (see: next season) by making us worse and getting us a nice expiring. Short term its going down just like I thought it would...Crap O, crap D, and doesnt address team needs at all.

If Malone was taking this more in stride I'd figure he and PDA are on the same page, but reading between the lines they appear to have differing philosophies as far as building a roster. All Malone does is talk defense...All PDA does is trade away defenders.

PDA has said that he isnt finished yet, so we will see what happens. I know its too early to judge...But watching Tyreke go off tonight was like pulling a scab off an old wound before its healed all the way. Gay playing like a pile of poop was the salt in said wound.
To be fair, he gave up our starting PG, who was never really given a chance here.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He goes to the rim, but if you play off him and prepare for it, then he normally backfires on his own team. I laughed when Rudy finally laid off him and Tyreke committed a lazy turnover. Where was that the whole game?
Probably the same place its been over Reke's entire dominant to the hoop NBA career. Nobody in the NBA does it better. And in typical fan fashion its always so easy to stop. Meanwhile tonight Reke just used any space given him to set up somebody else for an easy assist.

Probably the same place its been over Reke's entire dominant to the hoop NBA career. Nobody in the NBA does it better. And in typical fan fashion its always so easy to stop. Meanwhile tonight Reke just used any space given him to set up somebody else for an easy assist.
It's hilarious how you continually post about Tyreke like he's some kind of "game changer" and "winner". For a player that is so dominant and gifted as you claim he is, you'd think at some point he'd start winning some games.

The truly dominant "game changer" type players in the NBA make their teammates better and actually win games. Tyreke did that tonight but the problem is he doesn't do it on a consistent basis.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It's hilarious how you continually post about Tyreke like he's some kind of "game changer" and "winner". For a player that is so dominant and gifted as you claim he is, you'd think at some point he'd start winning some games.

The truly dominant "game changer" type players in the NBA make their teammates better and actually win games. Tyreke did that tonight but the problem is he doesn't do it on a consistent basis.
I constantly post about Tyreke that he is one of the most gifted to the basket players you will ever have the honor to see. You won't recognize the honor of course. But that's on you, not him.

And yes, odd how Tyreke leaves to join another team and oddly he's now in the playoff hunt, while we remain terrible.

Now Tyreke came out and pantsed you and your kind tonight. Good for him. The saavy thing to do would be to just lay low until after Christmas by which time everybody will have moved on and back to our own sadsack reality.

Well DeMarcus doesn't win the Kings games. Is he not a truely dominant "game changer"?

I constantly post about Tyreke that he is one of the most gifted to the basket players you will ever have the honor to see. You won't recognize the honor of course. But that's on you, not him.

And yes, odd how Tyreke leaves to join another team and oddly he's now in the playoff hunt, while we remain terrible.

Now Tyreke came out and pantsed you and your kind tonight. Good for him. The saavy thing to do would be to just lay low until after Christmas by which time everybody will have moved on and back to our own sadsack reality.
As a 6th man small forward. Something he wasn't willing to to here..

You seriously gotta be kidding me. You can talk about Tyreke leading his team to the playoffs when they get to .500

Nice of you to over analyze the results of two bad teams playing one another. The Kings sucked going into this game and they sucked coming out of it. Tyreke having a good game against a pathetic defense that can't stop anybody right now means nothing for his career. It's not like after tonight Tyreke is suddenly going to become a "winner" that carries his team to the playoffs.

By the way how many dominant "gifted" players are 5th on their team in scoring? If the Pelicans even sniff the playoffs it will be because of Davis, Holiday, and Anderson. The Pelicans will go as far this year and probably next year as those three guys can take them. Tyreke Evans can help them but as history has shown, Tyreke Evans as the 1st/2nd option results in a lot of losses.