Youngman praises veterans and their value to Kings

It's funny that you say that, and I wasn't going to bring this up at all, because I mostly stay out of #KingsRap these days, except to perform mod duties, but I had the biggest disconnect when I heard Z-Bo spit that noise, the last time that Sacramento played New Orleans. Talmbout, "Where I come from, bullies get bullied." I was sitting there listening to that, like, "Wait a minute: am I on Earth-2? Did I get transferred to the alternate universe where Zach Randolph isn't a bully? Ain't you the dude who (allegedly) instigated a fight with a teammate in practice, and broke his jaw? Ain't you the dude who (allegedly) had somebody stomped out over fifty dollars worth of weed? Like, bruh, you the biggest bully on the block! What are you talking about?"

Like, seriously, they didn't just start calling this guy Z-Bo out of the aether... They call him Z-Bo, because it's a play on Deebo... because he is (or, at least was) a ****ing bully! The audacity of him calling somebody else a bully is like that Twitter meme of Spider-man pointing at Spider-man. He's like the gangster who "goes legit" after he gets his, and then looks down his nose at other criminals.
Well he's a legit tough guy and I don't believe for a second DMC ever was. Sure he's ultimately a bully when it boils down. But if your going to be one be the biggest one on the block. I was at old barn when DMC and zbo first got tangled up and I'll attest that DMC wants absolutely none of ZBO. Or in the words of smokey.

"I got mind control over Deebo. When he say shut up - I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again."

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well he's a legit tough guy and I don't believe for a second DMC ever was. Sure he's ultimately a bully when it boils down. But if your going to be one be the biggest one on the block. I was at old barn when DMC and zbo first got tangled up and I'll attest that DMC wants absolutely none of ZBO.
Okay, and? What kind of metric is that? David West doesn't want none of Randolph, either, and there isn't anybody anywhere who doesn't think that he's tough. That makes as much sense as saying that a player in the 80s wasn't tough unless he wanted a piece of Charles Oakley... nobody wanted a piece of Charles Oakley.

DeMarcus Cousins probably isn't a legit tough guy, but not wanting to fight Zach ****ing Randolph isn't proof of that. Like, find me two guys in the league that want to fight Zach Randolph. Hell, find one.

Okay, and? What kind of metric is that? David West doesn't want none of Randolph, either, and there isn't anybody anywhere who doesn't think that he's tough. That makes as much sense as saying that a player in the 80s wasn't tough unless he wanted a piece of Charles Oakley... nobody wanted a piece of Charles Oakley.

DeMarcus Cousins probably isn't a legit tough guy, but not wanting to fight Zach ****ing Randolph isn't proof of that. Like, find me two guys in the league that want to fight Zach Randolph. Hell, find one.
I guess ZBO is the metric then lol.

Nah, not going to be able to do it... Randolph is outside reasonable parameters. Now, if you told me that Cousins didn't want a piece of Robin Lopez, yeah, I'd say he was soft.
I'm not even sure what end game to this is slim. The only point I was trying to get across is ZBO's a real bad dude and DMC isn't.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The end game is simplicity itself: for you to stipulate that wanting to fight Zach Randolph is not a particularly useful metric for how "bad" somebody is or is not. Do I think that Cousins is a "real bad dude"? No, but there might be three "real bad dudes" in the entire NBA, so him not being a "real bad dude" doesn't really mean anything to me.

Bottom line, there's 460-odd players in the league, and I would take Cousins in a fight over, like, 455 of them. The fact that Randolph happens to be one of the five I wouldn't, I do not consider to be proof that Cousins is not tough.

Put their most recent meeting aside and you have a level of respect there.

Cousins stated once that the Memphis Frontline of Z and gasol was the toughest he faced and he'd never be sore post battle unless he went up against Memphis.

Cousins can relate to (and respects) those who are percivied to be misunderstood. He is a rondo fan, a Lavar Ball fan, I've always felt that Zbo with his past would have been a perfect big man mentor with the post game and past to back it up. Cousins would never do well with a sqeaky David Robinson type mentor. He needs a sheed, a KG, a ZBo to work with, too bad we shipped him out before we could make it happen.

With this vet crew, cousins would have been well set.