World Cup 2018 - PLEASE use spoiler tags

Started yesterday with Russia thumping Saudi Arabia 5-0.

Caught my first match today seeing Spain and Portugal battle to a 3-3 tie. Very entertaining soccer. Ronaldo was brilliant, his last goal was a thing of beauty. Spanish goalkeeper had a rough game.

Ultimately I expect to see the usual suspects come semis and final; Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain.

Still hard for me to swallow not having the US to root for.

Last edited:
aaaaargh. I guess I should have known better but spoiled the one match I didn't know the result of
and I even knew it was 3-2 thanks to another spoiler
:/

Maybe tags on this thread because of the cross-continental timing? I plan on watching a lot after work.

As always I root for Germany as my "team with a chance" and this year Iceland is taking USA's spot in my heart.

aaaaargh. I guess I should have known better but spoiled the one match I didn't know the result of
and I even knew it was 3-2 thanks to another spoiler
:/

Maybe tags on this thread because of the cross-continental timing? I plan on watching a lot after work.

As always I root for Germany as my "team with a chance" and this year Iceland is taking USA's spot in my heart.
Oh man, sorry PDX. I didn’t even consider the spoiler tag. I will definitely use them moving forward.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
my favorite event in all of Sports, what a classic match between Spain & Portugal today, that was fun to watch. Ronaldo asking Messi, where you at? Let's see how he responds tomorrow versus Iceland.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
recently got done watching the ending of the Iran/Morocco match,

what a devastating way to lose for Morocco :\

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
entertaining game between Argentina & Iceland....the Iceland Goalkeeper deserves a round of applause for his performance today. Job well done mate!

That Moroccan coach is a handsome fella.

Managed to watch second half of the Argentina/Iceland game despite (or maybe because of) having to go into work early this morning. Glad I did.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember, a lot of people don't watch these games live. Using spoiler tags keeps from ruining their enjoyment. Thanks. :)

Japan-Belgium
WOW! I loosely watched from my desk and will need to give a full rewatch of 2nd half but amazing comeback/win in stoppage by Belgium. 10 minutes into the second I was thinking another favorite would fall, but they clearly showed why so many were high. That last goal was just perfect break from the keeper. Damn.