Woj: Kings expect to hire one of the three finalists but could re-open search

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

you know, for all the kvetching and doom and gloom about Mark Jackson being Vivek’s favorite, none of the actual big newsbreakers (Woj/Shams/Haynes/Amick) in the league have given any indication that’s the direction we’re going. Mark Stein’s a solid reporter for the most part but also essentially a pariah reduced to a Substack now and Jake Fischer’s an “up-and-comer” but are they really more in the know than the other guys?

I was under the assumption the first round would be from those available and there would be another round of available coaches after the post season. It would be rushed if we hire someone than all of a sudden Snyder or another playoff coach became available. Not saying we would get them but at least try to interview them.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
oh give me a break "can re-open search"?
I think what's happened is a lot of people thought they could get away with pushing the Jackson story because LOLKANGZ they sincerely thought they had a coinflip of it looking like they had a credible scoop.

I think we're hiring Brown unless he fails to impress Vivek.

I think what's happened is a lot of people thought they could get away with pushing the Jackson story because LOLKANGZ they sincerely thought they had a coinflip of it looking like they had a credible scoop.

I don't dare to call Woj or Sham a "bullcraper". But this is a situation where a lot of agency personnel are related closely to the individual candidate and different organizations, and what kind of info is being fed to the public in order to make leverage on other situations unrelated to the Kings coaching search is not something to be ignored, either.

kb02

All-Star
Phil Jackson and not any other Jackson:p
I know the law of probability says just because Vivek has sucked at hiring execs, it doesn't mean he’ll hit on the next one, but at some point he has to, right?

Besides, I’m all for demons, holy water, locker room lawyering, and Jackson telling Fox all he needs to do to improve his shooting is to ask da man above for some help. It’ll be so crazy, it just might work.

If I were rooting for brown, I’d be rooting for the warriors to go deep in the post season with plenty of defensive highlights. But I don’t really have a preference since all the assistants got denied.