Will Webber Play Against the Kings Next Week?

Will Webber Play Against The Kings?

• Webber Plays Against The Lakers Sits out Kings Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Webber Sits Out Lakers Game Plays Against The Kings

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Webber Plays Both Games

Votes: 63 96.9%

• Total voters
I know a lot of people may think I am just joking, but Chris tends not to play a lot of back to back games. He usually sits out one game or the other.

The 76ers are playing the Lakers on Sunday and then the Kings on Monday.

What do you guys think is Webber going to sit out the Laker game and play against the Kings, Play the Laker game and sit out against the Kings or play both games?

Chris has really struggled this year when he has played in Back to Back games, so I tend to think he will either play limited minutes against the Lakers or not at all. and He will play against the Kings

yeah. i don't think chris would miss the kings game for anything. even if his knee is somewhat bothering him, i'm sure he'll give it a go. even for just limited minutes.

Philly has played 4 back to backs since the trade, Webber has played both games in 3 of them. The only reason he didn't play in the last one was because of that weird nerve problem with his foot, it wasn't even because of his knee. He will play both games.

Last edited:
webber will play both if capable, but if it came down to it, he would sit sunday and play monday. this is not really because its the kings and he wants to play here, its more that the 76ers organization realizes the kings are a tougher opponent than the lakers at this point, so he will be more important in the game here. im sure he will ask the 76ers to let him play here instead of in LA if he were to sit one game, but it wouldn't really be the deciding factor.

I see Webb playing both. But I won't be surprise if he end up sitting out vs Kings since it's back to back. Although I don't really see that happening.

IMO, if Webb sat out more games than just that one game since the trade, 76ers fans will go crazier than they are now. So I'm not surprise to see Webb not missing a lot of games since the trade. He's also playing lesser mins, so that's another reason.

Yeah he'll be there

Chris had a good game tonight too...i believe 30pts...i just got finished watching the down to the wired Raps vs Sixers game...this could of possibly been his break through game with the Sixers...only time will tell

Twix said:
IMO, if Webb sat out more games than just that one game since the trade, 76ers fans will go crazier than they are now. So I'm not surprise to see Webb not missing a lot of games since the trade. He's also playing lesser mins, so that's another reason.
Very true. They were 0-2 w/o him.

funsc said:
Very true. They were 0-2 w/o him.
Now they are 8-5 with him, He started to look like the Sacramento Chris tonight, 32 pts 6 rebs 4 assists. Webb is beginning to play better with AI the last few games and he's really jelling with Dalambert. Should be interesting for the Kings monday, It's going to be really weird to watch this game at Arco.

iheartBrad said:
Yeah he'll be there

Chris had a good game tonight too...i believe 30pts...i just got finished watching the down to the wired Raps vs Sixers game...this could of possibly been his break through game with the Sixers...only time will tell
32-6-4 against the raptors. he wasn't even the sixers leading scorer- iverson had 36. pretty damn scary. then again, the raptors have the fourth worst defense in the league. but it's good to see chris doing so well

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
The Lakers are now an irrelevant team, IF C Webb is going to sit one out that will be the one. Besides coaches know how mauch palyers like to drop bombs on their former teams so you know what O Brian will want to do.

I hope that Webber will play, and not just because I want to see him in uniform vs. his former team. You would thank that any player who got traded would want to completely dominate his former team and show them what they are missing. I would think less of Webber if he did not play and play well

76ers fan here. Nice to see Kenny,Corliss and Skinner fitting in so well with the Kings. Kenny wasn't a household name outside of Philly but he is a quality player and brings it every night despite being undersized at the 4 spot.

CWebb will definitely play against the Kings. He was asked about returning to Sacramento after last nights game against the Raptors. He said it will feel strange and that he will be emotional but that he has to make sure not to get too amped up for the game so it doesn't affect his play. He said he wants to see his dogs and finish moving stuff out of his apartment/house. And he looks forward to the game.

For those interested about CWebb after the 76ers were blown out by Golden State Jim O'Brien had a practice where he put in a new offensive system that better suited Webber's game. Since that time the 76ers are 5-1 in games Webber has played and he is averaging 18 ppg during those 6 games. After struggling early on with changing systems,cities etc.,, he seems to be pretty happy and is starting to fit in pretty well with the 76ers. Iverson/Webber are starting to become a pretty lethal combo and he has great chemisty already with Iggy and Dalembert and has already made both of those young guys better players with his passing skills.

Anyway, good luck on Monday I've been browsing this site recently to check out how the former 76ers are doing. Just figured I would give a CWebb update;I watch quite a few Kings games on league pass and always rooted for you guys in recent seasons against the Lakers in the playoffs. With some better officiating in that Lakers series a couple of years ago you guys probably would have won the Championship. Like the bogus no call when Kobe pushed off. :mad:

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
thebostonstrangler said:
76ers fan here. Nice to see Kenny,Corliss and Skinner fitting in so well with the Kings. Kenny wasn't a household name outside of Philly but he is a quality player and brings it every night despite being undersized at the 4 spot.

CWebb will definitely play against the Kings. He was asked about returning to Sacramento after last nights game against the Raptors. He said it will feel strange and that he will be emotional but that he has to make sure not to get too amped up for the game so it doesn't affect his play. He said he wants to see his dogs and finish moving stuff out of his apartment/house. And he looks forward to the game.

For those interested about CWebb after the 76ers were blown out by Golden State Jim O'Brien had a practice where he put in a new offensive system that better suited Webber's game. Since that time the 76ers are 5-1 in games Webber has played and he is averaging 18 ppg during those 6 games. After struggling early on with changing systems,cities etc.,, he seems to be pretty happy and is starting to fit in pretty well with the 76ers. Iverson/Webber are starting to become a pretty lethal combo and he has great chemisty already with Iggy and Dalembert and has already made both of those young guys better players with his passing skills.

Anyway, good luck on Monday I've been browsing this site recently to check out how the former 76ers are doing.
Welcome, thebostonstrangler. Stop by and see us anytime.

Yes, I have noticed CWebb's improvement and the better play of the team as well. Iverson/Webber can be lethal when they play as a unit. I am glad to hear he is working well with Iggy and Dalembert. Iggy went to high school right down the street from here. Many of my family are also alumni of his school, so they have been watching his progress with interest. I can honestly say that working with Iggy is one of the only things that made CWebb's trade more palatable (sp?).

bbb said:
it's nice to see that all philly fans don't rush to judgement on a player they have only had for a month.
Yeah, unfortunately I think the "national perception" of Philly fans is that we are a bunch of negative crazed lunatics because of the booing etc.,, But most 76ers fans have been fans since the days of Wilt or in my case Dr.J and I think despite the perception we are pretty patient and knowledgable as a fan base. Its just a small minority that might boo during a blowout that kind of gives our fan base a bad name.

In Philly we weren't blaming CWebb for his struggles we were probably more upset with Iverson and O'Brien for not adjusting to suit Webber. Iverson is a very talented but an "unconventional" player and it would take any player time to adjust to playing along side him.

6th said:
Welcome, thebostonstrangler. Stop by and see us anytime.

Iggy went to high school right down the street from here. Many of my family are also alumni of his school, so they have been watching his progress with interest.
Thanks for the welcome, Iggy mentions his roots occasionally. He is a class act you can tell he had a good upbringing. He is also quietly becoming an elite perimeter defender in the league. He has locked down Lebron,Kobe,Prince and Rose the past 2 weeks. He held Lebron to a 3-20 shooting night and forced Rose into a 2-16 game last night.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
thebostonstrangler said:
Yeah, unfortunately I think the "national perception" of Philly fans is that we are a bunch of negative crazed lunatics because of the booing etc.,, But most 76ers fans have been fans since the days of Wilt or in my case Dr.J and I think despite the perception we are pretty patient and knowledgable as a fan base. Its just a small minority that might boo during a blowout that kind of gives our fan base a bad name.

In Philly we weren't blaming CWebb for his struggles we were probably more upset with Iverson and O'Brien for not adjusting to suit Webber. Iverson is a very talented but an "unconventional" player and it would take any player time to adjust to playing along side him.

Thanks for the welcome, Iggy mentions his roots occasionally. He is a class act you can tell he had a good upbringing. He is also quietly becoming an elite perimeter defender in the league. He has locked down Lebron,Kobe,Prince and Rose the past 2 weeks. He held Lebron to a 3-20 shooting night and forced Rose into a 2-16 game last night.
Glad you mentioned his ability to defend. That is something that we all knew he was good for, as well as his ability to knock down the 3's. Yes, I noticed that he is still pretty much under the radar on his defense, but you can bet that the word is getting out amongst the players. ;)

I don't think he'd miss this for the world. He said in his post game interview that he was trying not to think about it so he wouldn't get too hyped up. As soon as he hits Sac. that will change especially when he gets to Arco. I can't even imagine how emotional that would be for a player. You live somewhere for 7 years then you're snatched out and have to uproot your whole life then you come back and have to play against former teammates and friends. It's gotta be so hard. I think deep down he's really psyched about it. Nice to see he's finding his feet in Philly finally. Show MOST of those obnoxious Philly fans (no offense Boston) what we've always known that he's a great player. He just needed time to adjust and looks like he's finally cooperation from O'Brien. Bout time. Go Chris have a great game Monday, just don't beat us.

thebostonstrangler said:

Anyway, good luck on Monday I've been browsing this site recently to check out how the former 76ers are doing. Just figured I would give a CWebb update;I watch quite a few Kings games on league pass and always rooted for you guys in recent seasons against the Lakers in the playoffs. With some better officiating in that Lakers series a couple of years ago you guys probably would have won the Championship. Like the bogus no call when Kobe pushed off. :mad:
thanks for the update! i definitely appreciate it. sometimes, i really don't want to go to a philly site to check on chris because i'll just get emotional. just watching the detroit vs philly game just makes me miss him more. i can only look at the boxscores now. :eek:

good to know that o'brien did that. i'm so excited for chris when he comes back to sac!

**when you mentioned "he wants to see his dogs," at first i thought he was referring to his old teammates. but i just remembered that he had 2 dogs. that sucks that he has been away from his dogs all this time.

i wouldnt be surprised if chris sat out....he might not want to be involved with all the hoopla and whatnot...he might just get 'injured' the game before so he wont have to play

I absolutely CAN NOT see chris not playing. This was his place for so many years - we all know he is going to get a standing ovation no matter what jersey he is wearing, and I am sure he knows many people would be disappointed if he didn't play.

GoSACtown said:
i wouldnt be surprised if chris sat out....he might not want to be involved with all the hoopla and whatnot...he might just get 'injured' the game before so he wont have to play
i hope that was a joke and ur not actually being serious

I tend to believe he will do everything in his might to beat the Kings to show them what they lost.

The good thing for the Kings is that Peja, Mike and Cat know what he wants to do and can hopefully get some easy turnovers.

One thing is for sure is that if Chris plays the day before that will help the Kings. It will really help the Kings if he has a good shooting game. since he tends to have a bad shooting game after he has a good one!

I just hope he plays and the Kings beat them. I like Chris a lot and he was a tremendous player and I feel lucky to have had him on my team, BUT I am a Diehard Kings Fan Through & Through!