Why no Bjelica in crunch time?

I don't understand why it's happening either. You'd think that his ability to hit the 3 and move the ball would mandate he be on the floor in big moments, especially with Bagley out.

HE'll get abused by the other teams 4 man., they'll try to pick on him constantly.. Kuzma and Tobias Harris are the types of matchup issues that Bjelly can't stay infront of.
Like Jackson isn’t getting abused!!! It took a miracle 3 from Bogdan for us not to lose 3 straight games to the LA teams with Jackson logging significant minutes at the 4.

HE'll get abused by the other teams 4 man., they'll try to pick on him constantly.. Kuzma and Tobias Harris are the types of matchup issues that Bjelly can't stay infront of.
Then use Giles. Especially if you are going to pull him from Stockton. Jackson is flat out not working. If he were a good rebounding 3 maybe but he is not. He had a grand total of 4 rebounds tonight.

Last edited:
He has slow feet and cant dribble thru traffic much. Rebounding is a chore too when everyone beats you to the ball.
slow footed Bjelica averages pretty much the same amount of rebounds (5.9 to 6.1) as a super athlete Bagley in pretty much the same amount of minutes (24 to 23). They shoot .554 and .560 from inside the arc. Yet your eye test says Bagley rebounds at a much higher rate and Bjelica cannot score inside. Glasses?

Joerger misused Casspi as well when he was here and he had similar flaws (more flaws), we under-use Bjelica the entire game, the guy is arguably the best passer/spot up shooter on the team and they rarely use him or get him any open looks. We would be better off trading to trade him to the 76ers for a late first rounder/one of there younger players I'm sure they would love him at the price he has in order to try help spread the floor for them he'd be a huge upgrade at the back up PF/C (Amir/Mike Muscala) or even starting over Wilson Chandler.

I love Bjelica's game and the guy is clutch as, but Dave would rather lose with Jackson some of his rotation or lack of playing certain guys like Yogi/Bjelica and giving unlimited chances to WCS/JJ is becoming a joke.

In the circumstances like yesterday, I'd either use Bjelica or Giles in the crunch time. Jackson was pretty bad defensively and offensively at the end of last game, so I can't see the logic behind this. Player development is ok, but not like this, unless we're not looking to fight for the playoffs?

On top of that we had +14 with Bjelica on the floor.

Even bigger question for me is why Bogi had 0 shots in the last quarter until the final minute? We gotta pay attention to these little details moving forward, but again, the question is what are we trying to accomplish this season?

Can't wait for Bagley to come back....

Was okay with Bjelly not being in the lineup at the end of the game. He's a bad matchup on defense against the Lakers. The only player that he could've subbed for was WCS. Kuzma (and pretty much most 4s with a decent handle) destroys him off the bounce. WCS played well (despite the rebounding numbers)--staying in front of Kuz, BI, and any of the Lakers bigs.

slow footed Bjelica averages pretty much the same amount of rebounds (5.9 to 6.1) as a super athlete Bagley in pretty much the same amount of minutes (24 to 23). They shoot .554 and .560 from inside the arc. Yet your eye test says Bagley rebounds at a much higher rate and Bjelica cannot score inside. Glasses?
Can just pull the rebounds per/100 possession #s to make the best comparison:

Bagley: 12.2
Bjelica: 11.2

For reference:
Koufos: 16.9
WCS: 13.8 (maybe the "eye test" is giving him a bad rep, too?)

link: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2019.html#per_poss::20

My eyes saw Bjelica grab some nice boards last night ;)

Can just pull the rebounds per/100 possession #s to make the best comparison:

Bagley: 12.2
Bjelica: 11.2

For reference:
Koufos: 16.9
WCS: 13.8 (maybe the "eye test" is giving him a bad rep, too?)

link: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2019.html#per_poss::20

My eyes saw Bjelica grab some nice boards last night ;)

Anything per so many possessions is tough when certain players are yanked in and out of the rotation in an inconsistent fashion. Especially if playing with a bench unit that will almost always find itself on the negative side of the plus minus. In order to get boards you must first get stops, and that's not something the Kings do throughout a game. It's usually a stretch in one quarter of amazing defense swarmed by holy cow this is terrible.