Who will be our go to scorer this upcoming season?

So I know alot of us like the balance offense but most teams have that one or two players that can get their own shot when needed.
Now we saw Fox put into that position at the end of a few games last year so could he be our go to player or will it be someone else.

Do we have that 20 point per game player or which one can it be by the end of the year?

I think it'll be Hield unless the Fox we saw for that one game in summer league is the Fox that we're getting this year because that wasn't the same player I saw last year.
I saw him. During the first few weeks of the season, down the stretch of games, and intermittently throughout. I’ve seen the skill level, the only question is why I didn’t see that player the rest of the time, and hope that’s not what defines his career. Hopefully scheme indeed had much to do with it as many of his fans believe

I saw him. During the first few weeks of the season, down the stretch of games, and intermittently throughout. I’ve seen the skill level, the only question is why I didn’t see that player the rest of the time, and hope that’s not what defines his career. Hopefully scheme indeed had much to do with it as many of his fans believe
I was listening to him on what was either Danny Green's podcast from a couple weeks ago or an interview he gave right after the season...either way I can't remember his exact statement but in a round about way he essentially said that he didn't put in the work that was necessary to be a successful NBA player and he went into this offseason ready to get after it. We saw it in that summer league game. Instead of just pulling up for 14ft jumpers, he was getting to the basket and creating contact and finishing at the rim. I'm sure we will hear Grant talking all year about how that should be his bread and butter shot but you win basketball games by getting to the line and shooting 80%....not 40% from midrange. Harden is one of the best players in the game for a reason and it's not because he has a good midrange jumper.

Buddy Hield has to be treated as the #1 weapon on this team like a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller and hopefully Fox takes the leap to be right there too. Joerger has to flat out be better at utilizing the players he has.

I think there is a good chance it will be Bagley by the end of the season. Depends on how the coach uses him and also how much we start jacking up 3s, but I don't think any of the concerns about Bags were on the offensive end of the court.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Buddy Hield has to be treated as the #1 weapon on this team like a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller and hopefully Fox takes the leap to be right there too. Joerger has to flat out be better at utilizing the players he has.
Allen and Miller were all time greats. If Hield doesn’t get to that level is it Joerger’s fault? Cause, chances are, Hield may not get to that level.

I'll up that to 20.1 pts per game. To get beyond that, however, Buddy's going to have to figure out how to get to the line regularly.
That would be nice. ;)

I'm figuring that at some point in the season Buddy may average over 20 points per game, but it will be hard to maintain that for the whole season, once teams start game planing to stop the Kings top scoring threat.

I think the leading scorer will be Buddy with around 17ppg. Fox and Bagley will be right behind him. I think Bagley will put up around 16ppg but on poor efficiency.

Allen and Miller were all time greats. If Hield doesn’t get to that level is it Joerger’s fault? Cause, chances are, Hield may not get to that level.
I think it's more like put him in the role and see how he does. If he fails then he's not a top option on the team and at least that's been figured out.

We don't want to be 4 seasons in wondering what we have with Hield the way we are with WCS right now. By the third year you should have a pretty good gauge on where the player is headed and that's going to be accomplished through a much different coaching style than we saw last year.

My hope is that they actually attempt to find one. Sharing is good, but directionless has been the result so far. Fox, Buddy, and Bagley are your main offensive talents. They were drafted and scouted where they were for a reason so ride it.