Who should the Kings draft #19?

Who should the Kings draft #19?

• Total voters
In the poll I ruled out players who will obviously be gone by #19. There are more viable choices than nine, so I did the best I could to keep in the players that most people are talking about.

Last edited:
My preference would be a center project w/ an upside and if they're all gone, a defensive PG that can be groomed to takeover Bibby's spot in a couple years.

Sene - is he the second coming of Mutombo?
Armstrong
Rondo - some have questioned his defense, but he lead his team in rebounding, which is pretty cool.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I voted Sene - raw talent. The video of the other 2 bigs (Armstrong and Johnson) didn't impress me that much.

Like EMC says - get a big that's worth a pick and if none are left, go with a quick PG if Price isn't ready to be the backup and Hart can't do it in Muss' system, whatever that ends up being.

If nothing else, get a good PF. As long as Bonzi comes back, we've got the 2/3 spot covered. Go for whatever else best moves you forward as a team.

Alexander Johnson

from what petrie is saying, looks like he wants someone who can contribute right away... at #19, Alexander Johnson fits that bill... he has an NBA body and the athleticism to play some right away...

Sare Sene, would be okay too, but petrie does not usually draft projects... and mussleman and the maloofs may not be patient enough for a project like sene....

My vote is for scoring punch off the bench. I think the interior situation is best handled through trades or free agency, and I like Quincy Douby -- he's one of the best shooters in the draft. His game logs are seriously crazy. Despite being his team's only scorer (he was the only player to average double figures) and being guarded like crazy, he had nights where he shot -- from three point range -- 9 for 17 and 8 for 14. He averaged 41% from downtown on 8.75 attempts per game.

But he's not just a good shooter, he can also slash to the hoop and play good defense. The team could use some instant offense off the bench, and I like what Douby brings as a combo guard.

My opinion on this has changed every few days. Douby, then Johnson, then Sene. Right now I'm thinking Diaz would be the right pick. That other thread about Johnson has me re-thinking my position a little bit.

Don't think Hilton will be there. But I guess this poll assumes that if any of these players are there... then who do you pick. And Armstrong has the best chance to be part of the athletic shotblocking bench crew we need with Miller at the C.

give me sene. that kid has some crazy length and shotblocking ability! tony parker better think twice before going into the lane!!
i can't see sene getting major floor time for a few years. he's probably the most intriguing big man prospect that could fall to the kings, but he's also the biggest project. much time will go into teaching him the game, as he's only played a few years of basketball altogether.

i can't see sene getting major floor time for a few years. he's probably the most intriguing big man prospect that could fall to the kings, but he's also the biggest project. much time will go into teaching him the game, as he's only played a few years of basketball altogether.

well, i'm sure muss will put him in if the kings get abused in the lane by those quick guards again.

Come on now people, voter turnout is quite low in this year's draft poll. It's a beautiful thing to live in a democracy, and freedom is a privilege handed down by the creator and enacted into the sacred laws of this nation. Over the years many men and women have fought and died to preserve your right to live in a nation that is free. So with that freedom comes responsibility, and the only responsible way to live in a democracy is by excercising your freedom and VOTING.

Ask not what your Kings message board can do for you, but what you can do for your Kings message board.

ROCK THE VOTE 2006!!

Come on now people, voter turnout is quite low in this year's draft poll. It's a beautiful thing to live in a democracy, and freedom is a privilege handed down by the creator and enacted into the sacred laws of this nation. Over the years many men and women have fought and died to preserve your right to live in a nation that is free. So with that freedom comes responsibility, and the only responsible way to live in a democracy is by excercising your freedom and VOTING.

Ask not what your Kings message board can do for you, but what you can do for your Kings message board.

ROCK THE VOTE 2006!!
i abstained from the vote, myself. mostly because i'm not ready yet this year (even on draft day) to commit a vote to a single player. my choices are, in no particular order:

alexander johnson
hilton armstrong
rajon rondo
sergio rodriguez

i figure two bigs and two PG's satisfy my curiousity enough. of course, if any bigger name falls to 19 (unlikely), i'd be open to that as well. mock drafts all over the place have a lot of the more talented prospects falling into the 10-15 spots...so you never know. if there's enough drafting based on needs, and enough trades, something interesting could fall the kings way.