What the...Reggie White Dead At 43?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't remember what channel I was watching last night, but they had a tape of him giving a Christmas blessing...

:(

RIP and God Bless, Reggie.

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/sports/4024795/detail.html

Reggie White Dies Of Heart Attack
White Was NFL Sacks Leader
POSTED: 11:54 am EST December 26, 2004
UPDATED: 12:55 pm EST December 26, 2004
NFL great Reggie White died Sunday morning of a massive heart attack. He was 43. White, the league's former all-time sack leader, put together a Hall of Fame career as a defensive end for the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers from 1985-1998, and for the Carolina Panthers in 2000.

A 13-time Pro Bowl selection, White died at his North Carolina home just seven days after his 43rd birthday. He is survived by a wife and two children.
White ended his career in with a then NFL-best 198 sacks, a mark surpassed by Bruce Smith last year.

Known as the "Minister of Defense," White was a two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He twice led the league in sacks, and his 21 for the Eagles in 1987 ranks tied for third place on the NFL's all-time single-season list.
"We are deeply saddened by the passing of one of the greatest men ever to play the game of football," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "His legacy on and off the field will never be forgotten."

After eight seasons and 124 sacks with the Eagles, White joined the Packers as a free agent in 1993 and played in consecutive Super Bowls with the team. He collected three sacks in their Super Bowl XXXI victory over New England in 1996, and ended as the Packers all-time sack leader with 68.5.

White's wife issued a statement saying the family appreciates thoughts and prayers as they mourn his loss. Sara White also wanted to thank the public in advance for honoring the family's privacy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

RIP Reggie

That sucks.. He was changing his life around. Learning hebrew to study the old testement and the new. He came aong way from his Wisconsin Assembly fiasco...

He'll be missed...

Looked like his ticker stopped due to Sleep Apnia. I have that and it makes me wonder that my ticker could do the same. Makes me wonder whether he had a C-PAP machine.