What Kings players are saying - Part 2

Is it a given that when you hang a player’s jersey from the rafters that their number is off-limits? Because I can see hanging jerseys as a sign of respect, but if they didn’t manage to bring us a championship, their number is not off-limits as far as I’m concerned.

Is it a given that when you hang a player’s jersey from the rafters that their number is off-limits? Because I can see hanging jerseys as a sign of respect, but if they didn’t manage to bring us a championship, their number is not off-limits as far as I’m concerned.
I think when it's hanging from the rafters it's "retired". I think you can ask them to wear it. Didn't Larry Nance Jr ask his dad?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jerseys in the rafters honor a particular player. The number of that jersey is forever retired, not to be used again. There are some exceptions but the are very few and far between.