Welcome to Sacramento Coach Musselman!

Welcome coach! You've got some big shoes to fill. You'll find that Kings fans give you every benefit of the doubt, while at the same time holding high expectations.

He sems like a good fit, maybe he'll have learned from his mistakes and cool off a bit. I hope this doesn't affect the Bonzi re-signing in any way. Either way, so much better than W!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacKings384 said:
He sems like a good fit, maybe he'll have learned from his mistakes and cool off a bit. I hope this doesn't affect the Bonzi re-signing in any way. Either way, so much better than W!
Yeah, that's an interesting subtext there. Guess we'll find out soon enough. could be issues eihter way -- either Muss not liking Bonzi, or Bonzi nto liking Muss. And either way, it does raise the spectre of a past that Bonzi seemed to very much have left behind while he was with us.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The Rise Guys had an interview with the Grizz play-by-play guy (IIRC) yesterday and he said Bonzi didn't seem to have a problem with anyone except Fratello and thought he'd have no problem playing for Muss.

Welcome to the Kings, Coach Musselman!

He wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with him. :) I like him when he was with the Warriors.

Now comes the hard part......

So now comes the hard part for the fans, we need to decide on a nickname for the new coach. The problem is that there are so many to choose from:

E-muss
Muss
Musslehead
Mussy
Mighty Mouse (the guy is short)
Moose
The Musstang
Musstard (if he hires an assistant with a K name we can call ketchup)
Tic Tac [Toe] (since he's an Xs and Os guy)

Other suggestions?

Muss got a head coaching job were the pressure will be on him like a mosquito on a hot humid day. If we dont make the playoffs chances are he will be fired. Heck, if we don't win as much as the Maloofs would like, hell be fired.

Sac.Kings said:
Muss got a head coaching job were the pressure will be on him like a mosquito on a hot humid day. If we dont make the playoffs chances are he will be fired. Heck, if we don't win as much as the Maloofs would like, hell be fired.
I don't think that's true. This ownership group/GM have never been that hasty. If there are more pieces moved this summer, and the team is effectively completely re-built if not only for the short term, there will be an understanding that it's a transitional period.