Vlade back!

Not sure he's any better at business than basketball management but ok. If he was in marketing that might be a better spot. Maybe that falls under business...

Hes a decent dude as far as I can tell... just s horrible basketball gm.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
"Kings Ambassador" is definitely a marketing job as in he shows up at community events as the beloved face of the franchise's golden years and I bet they even make him available to corporate events for a significant fee. Maybe for the priciest season tickets and suites they'll have him call those membership holders around the holidays or renewal, or visit your suite (probably for a fee unless you're a premiere partner) He's definitely not setting the price of hot dogs.

"Kings Ambassador" is definitely a marketing job as in he shows up at community events as the beloved face of the franchise's golden years and I bet they even make him available to corporate events for a significant fee. Maybe for the priciest season tickets and suites they'll have him call those membership holders around the holidays or renewal, or visit your suite (probably for a fee unless you're a premiere partner) He's definitely not setting the price of hot dogs.
I assume part of the gig is assuring everyone he's not in any way involved in basketball decisions

Didnt he retire a laker?
He barely played that year and I'd honestly forgotten until you mentioned it. Maybe we should give him a 10-day or whatever the min is to retire in a Kings jersey but it's also on him for going back there. Even if it was his decision

(Also that makes two teams where Vlade leaving was franchise-altering, ushering in a new golden era - Vlade traded for Kobe, and Vlade bowing out before McNair (knock on wood for an era just beginning))

“Sure is a shame we didn’t have a pick during the Luka draft, amirite?”
Would have loved to have drafted Luka in that draft, but considering the coach that Vlade had after that draft (cough, cough Luke Walton), the chances of both Fox and Luka co-existing successfully on the same team would have been pretty low. Would have wound up in the similar situation to Hali and trading one of them away.

That being said, I'm happy with the current Monte-Fox-Sabonis trio we have now. It all worked out for the best for everyone (except Luke).

“Sure is a shame we didn’t have a pick during the Luka draft, amirite?”
I'll never forgive him for that. I still believe he's the worst GMs ever in the NBA. However, I think it's important for me to distinguish the difference between the terrible GM and the beloved former King.

Would have loved to have drafted Luka in that draft, but considering the coach that Vlade had after that draft (cough, cough Luke Walton), the chances of both Fox and Luka co-existing successfully on the same team would have been pretty low.
Dave Joerger was the coach at that time and he advocated for Luka in the draft. Vlade then goes on to make the Sam Bowie pick with an assist from Brandon Williams. What an idiot GM.

Dave Joerger was the coach at that time and he advocated for Luka in the draft. Vlade then goes on to make the Sam Bowie pick with an assist from Brandon Williams. What an idiot GM.
Yeah, Joeger was the coach, but Vlade and Joeger didn’t really get along. I think Joeger would had been out at the end of that year regardless.