Vinny Basketballerino's Season Prediction Thread

Greetings fellow basketballerinos! Merry Christmas and Happy Basketball Eve!

I got nothing for you in this thread other than my prediction for this year: Playoffs! As usual, agree or disagree, and feel free to serve up your own predictions of what will happen this year. Ok I lied, I've got one more spicy meatball of a prediction for you: Haliburton will be in serious contention for Rookie of the Year towards the end of the season! Now that one is sure to cause some heartburn and controversy, but one thing my spicy meatballs won't cause are complaints!

To life, love, and lasagna,

VB

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I can see Haliburton. The kid’s game jumped off the screen whenever he was on the floor.

The other one is the spicy take... I don’t see this team above the (wine) cellar of the Pacific Division. I have as little hope as ever going into this season. And I’m not even mad about it. I finally feel we have a GM that knows how to drive a tank, as opposed to that last one. We may finally be on the right path.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I can see Haliburton. The kid’s game jumped off the screen whenever he was on the floor.

The other one is the spicy take... I don’t see this team above the (wine) cellar of the Pacific Division. I have as little hope as ever going into this season. And I’m not even mad about it. I finally feel we have a GM that knows how to drive a tank, as opposed to that last one. We may finally be on the right path.
That would probably be ideal. At the same time, having just seen the Warriors look like the Washington Generals out there, I'm not so sure that'll happen.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That would probably be ideal. At the same time, having just seen the Warriors look like the Washington Generals out there, I'm not so sure that'll happen.
I’m giving the Warriors a one-night reprieve for playing the Nets on their first night together with full motivation to lay the beat down.

They have another L coming on Christmas to the Bucks, but if they proceed to get run by the Bulls after that we have a contender for cellar-dweller status.

Buddy, Holmes, Bjelly, and Cojo traded by this year's deadline. Probability of trade: 60/40 on Buddy. 90/10 on Holmes, Bjelly, and Cojo.

I would be very surprised if Whiteside finished the season with us. He's a guy whom a team hoping to make some noise in the playoffs could use, particularly a team lacking a big guy. Boston for example, might look at him as it needs to add some size to match up with Philly/Miami, etc. As a rental on the minimum, he is low risk. For the same reason though, I doubt we get much for him, but anything is good for a team in our position.