God takes your soul
You're on your own
The crow flies straight
A perfect line
On the devil's path
Until you die
View attachment 9258

Still have painting in my Living room
Thoroughly enjoyed SOA. Sometime got a little ridiculous, and Jax apparently never gets touched in a fight, but a highly entertaining show
One of my favorite episodes was when Jax realized the Tara thing towards the end (didn’t want to spoil)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pamm and I just started binge watching 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy
starting on season 3 tonight

this is my first Re-Watch since series started in 2008

Still my all time favorite tv show

Ridin' through this world
All alone
God takes your soul
You're on your own
The crow flies straight
A perfect line
On the devil's path
Until you die
View attachment 9258

Still have painting in my Living room
I own a few series on DVD. It started with 24, continued with Dexter, Grimm and Justified. My most recent addition has been SOA. I was amazed at how much I had missed the first time around.

Season 3 was where the show lost me. I hate watched it all the way through to the end though. By the final season there were maybe 2-3 characters I hoped didn't all die in the end.

I watched the first two episodes of BH 902010. I will probably watch the rest but good god what a stupid concept. Fictionalized versions of their real lives. Really?

Season 3 was where the show lost me. I hate watched it all the way through to the end though. By the final season there were maybe 2-3 characters I hoped didn't all die in the end.

I watched the first two episodes of BH 902010. I will probably watch the rest but good god what a stupid concept. Fictionalized versions of their real lives. Really?
Season 3 was tough one for us, but mainly due to the Irish accent being so strong, was really hard to understand what the hell everyone was sayin

I own a few series on DVD. It started with 24, continued with Dexter, Grimm and Justified. My most recent addition has been SOA. I was amazed at how much I had missed the first time around.
Ahhh yes Dexter was our #2 show, probably still is

Pamm even has a Dexter Doll

The Ireland season? They lost me on that one as well, but i ended up picking back up the following season

The Ireland season? They lost me on that one as well, but i ended up picking back up the following season
Yeah, I just absolutely hated it, outside of maybe the final episode - although in retrospect that probably set the tone for everything that followed. I felt like the first two seasons were at least grounded and then it just went off the deep end and there had to be massive casualties every episode that followed. Maybe that's wrong. Of course the original concept rooted in Hamlet meant this could ultimately only go one place. Which has me wondering, is Mayans any good? I had DVR'd the first season, which is now on Hulu and still have it on my watchlist, but never got around to watching any of it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Here are my final updated rankings for Mr. Slim's personal Top 10 shows of the 2018-19 season*:

1. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (-)
  2. S.W.A.T. (-)
  3. The Orville (-)
  4. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (-)
  5. Brockmire (-)
  6. The Good Place (-)
  7. Cloak and Dagger (-)
  8. Arrow (-)
  9. Supergirl (-)
  10. Into the Badlands (-)

* - excludes streaming-exclusive shows

(NR) - Not Previously Ranked
Ranking increase noted in
blue
Ranking decrease noted in red

You may notice that there was no change from the last time I updated these rankings. I did finally get around to watching Season 3 of This is Us. In addition, I've also watched off of Season 3 of grown-ish, Season 6 of Brooklyn Nine Nine and the fifth and final season of iZombie, since the last time I updated. None of those shows managed to crack my Top 10.

Yeah, I just absolutely hated it, outside of maybe the final episode - although in retrospect that probably set the tone for everything that followed. I felt like the first two seasons were at least grounded and then it just went off the deep end and there had to be massive casualties every episode that followed. Maybe that's wrong. Of course the original concept rooted in Hamlet meant this could ultimately only go one place. Which has me wondering, is Mayans any good? I had DVR'd the first season, which is now on Hulu and still have it on my watchlist, but never got around to watching any of it.
Yeah, that’s where I felt like they jumped the shark, but they corrected it after.
I watched a few episodes of Mayans...not bad. I more stopped watching because I had so many other things I was watching. Not nearly as good as SOA, but not bad . Ringing endorsement I know lol

Yeah, that’s where I felt like they jumped the shark, but they corrected it after.
I watched a few episodes of Mayans...not bad. I more stopped watching because I had so many other things I was watching. Not nearly as good as SOA, but not bad . Ringing endorsement I know lol
I have tons of stuff in the queue but almost never watch it. Aside from BH 90210 which I can't believe I am watching, the only other show I'm almost current on is Preacher.

I have tons of stuff in the queue but almost never watch it. Aside from BH 90210 which I can't believe I am watching, the only other show I'm almost current on is Preacher.
Don’t worry, I still record and watch all old 90210’s on the Pop channel and am ridiculed by my wife constantly for it :p
I just wrapped up Mindhunter season 2 and about to wrap up Yellowstone season 2

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I am super-intrigued by the meta aspect of a show like BH 90210, and I wish that they would try to use that concept on a series I actually watched. Like, I would be all-in for a show in the general conceit of BH 90210 but, for, like, Boy Meets World.

I am super-intrigued by the meta aspect of a show like BH 90210, and I wish that they would try to use that concept on a series I actually watched. Like, I would be all-in for a show in the general conceit of BH 90210 but, for, like, Boy Meets World.
I thought I heard about a boy meets world reboot. Loved (still love) that show. It really took off when Eric became a complete loon

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I watched Mayans, and will watch it again this season. While I enjoyed it, it didn't hit the same way SOA did. SOA broke new ground and any MC-based series that follows will inevitably be compared to the original. The overlap of characters is a tough sell for me but I understand the need to utilize some of the SOA characters, a lot of whom were incredible in their complexity. I'll give Sutter credit for one thing. His characters have depth and flaws and frailties and that always draws me in.

Don’t worry, I still record and watch all old 90210’s on the Pop channel and am ridiculed by my wife constantly for it :p
But have you watched any of the new show? I still love the original series. Most of it at least. There's just something so weird about them doing soap opera versions of their "real" lives.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I thought I heard about a boy meets world reboot. Loved (still love) that show. It really took off when Eric became a complete loon
Girl Meets World wasn't a reboot: it was a sequel show about the life of Cory and Topanga's daughter, and her friends. It didn't catch on, arguably, because it tried too hard to shoehorn characters from the old series into it: the Disney Channel crowd that the show was created for was not the least bit interested in all the nostalgia, and adults who found themselves watching didn't care about the lives of the new characters.

But have you watched any of the new show? I still love the original series. Most of it at least. There's just something so weird about them doing soap opera versions of their "real" lives.
Yeah have been watching it. A little different, but better than I thought it would be. I found it funny how they made fun of Spellings real issues.
But not having that tramp Valerie back is a travesty. She was the best

I know it's not scripted but anyone watch Songland? I find it fascinating but not in a good way. Also I am curious because I have yet to hear any of these songs on the radio despite kiddo making me listen to pop radio. I would have thought the Jonas Brothers' track would have been on the radio but they dropped another single instead.

Anywho, I watched the Wednesday episode last night before bed and I could swear at least two of the songs I had heard before. I guess that's just how derivative music is these days - and the Katy Perry and Lady Gaga lawsuits seem to prove that, but it was strange to say the least because I could swear I heard the entire hook and lyrics.

Also I am getting old and senile so who knows.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Watched the season premiere of Mayans last night. My only complaint is I had to go back 3 or 4 times to read the subtitles. Guess I should have taken Spanish in high school instead of Latin and French. ;) I've gotten used to multi-tasking while watching TV (meaning part watch, part listening as I fix dinner, etc) and that's just not possible if you don't speak the language they're speaking.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Has anybody mentioned Mr. Inbetween? I caught a couple of episodes last night and it's certainly different.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Watched the season premiere of Mayans last night. My only complaint is I had to go back 3 or 4 times to read the subtitles. Guess I should have taken Spanish in high school instead of Latin and French. ;) I've gotten used to multi-tasking while watching TV (meaning part watch, part listening as I fix dinner, etc) and that's just not possible if you don't speak the language they're speaking.
You took Latin in school? Did you grow up rich, or are you just super old? :p

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Started watching The Expanse on Prime Video and I'm liking it so far. Only a couple of episodes in.

Watched another episode of The Man in High Castle and while I really want to like this show, I'm still waiting for it to really do something. Anything. No wonder it is so many seasons long - they can't seem to move the story along in any meaningful way. I want to have it show some kind of direction and I'm not really seeing it yet.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Very much enjoyed the Killjoys finale. Not because it was epic, but precisely because it wasn't. Wrapped up the final battle quickly: it was kind of anticlimactic, but it almost had to be. Main characters got satisfying endings, nice "thank you for watching" to the fans. Also, Pree and Gared are #RelationshipGoals.

One minor quibble:
Would like to have seen Johnny fulfill his promise to Calvert, and have them actually showing him reuniting her with her daughter on-screen. They could have easily cut twenty seconds from the post-war party to show that.