TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Here are my updated rankings for Mr. Slim's personal Top 10 shows of the 2018-19 season*, as of February 1, 2019:

1. S.W.A.T. (-)
  2. The Good Place (+8)
  3. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (-)
  4. The Orville (+5)
  5. Supergirl (-3)
  6. WWE Smackdown Live (-)
  7. The Flash (-3)
  8. Black Lightning (-3)
  9. Arrow (-2)
  10. MacGyver (-2)
* - excludes streaming-exclusive shows

(NR) - Not Previously Ranked
Ranking increase noted in
blue
Ranking decrease noted in red

Lot of musical chairs in the Top 10. Finally got a chance to catch up on The Good Place. And all of my superhero shows came back from the break with sub-par storylines. S.W.A.T. continues to hold it down, though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Here are my updated rankings for Mr. Slim's personal Top 10 shows of the 2018-19 season*, as of March 1, 2019:

1. S.W.A.T. (-)
  2. The Orville (+2)
  3. The Good Place (-)
  4. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (-1)
  5. Supergirl (-)
  6. MacGyver (+4)
  7. Arrow (+2)
  8. The Flash (-1)
  9. Black Lightning (-1)
  10. grown-ish (NR)

blue

Falling out of the Top Ten: WWE Smackdown Live (-5)

S.W.A.T. has continued to have a stranglehold on the top spot, and I expect them to keep it, unless or until Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes back, The Orville has an unbelievable finish, or I'm blown away by This Is Us, when I finally get around to watching it. MacGyver is on something of a revival, thanks to a cast shakeup, and Arrow has had some good episodes this month. Meanwhile, WWE cooling down their hottest storylines, combined with the McMahon family deciding to re-insert themselves onto their television shows (and I'm positive those two things are related) have led to Smackdown falling off.

Been watching a lot of NF lately, not sure if they qualify as shows or movies. The dating show is kinda cool (Dating Around); and we watched Murder Mountain which I believe ran as a 6 episode documentary on Fusion (whatever that is) before coming to Netflix. It was really fascinating and a bit sad. Lastly watched Evil Genius which was a 4 part documentary and followed that up with 30 Minutes or Less (the 2011ish movie) which is a good combo, I didn't recall that case when it happened.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Finished Altered Carbon on Netflix today. I enjoyed it - definitely on the "adult" side of shows, if it matters to those with kids, etc.

It's only one season (10 shows). But I liked the characters and dialogue, special effects were well done, good fight scenes, and I enjoyed the story. In some ways the "world" setup is similar to Elysium/Alita: Battle Angel (and some other sci-fi shows, I'm sure), but I never felt like it was a ripoff of anything I have seen before.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Watched Bodyguard on Netflix - short series of 6 shows, about an hour each. A former British military soldier with PTSD working as a bodyguard for government officials is framed for the murder of someone he is protecting. I enjoyed it, and pretty well done.

Watched Bodyguard on Netflix - short series of 6 shows, about an hour each. A former British military soldier with PTSD working as a bodyguard for government officials is framed for the murder of someone he is protecting. I enjoyed it, and pretty well done.
Loved it. Although at times I almost felt I needed subtitles since his Scottish accent was so thick. Kept thinking he was caliing dis female superiors mom lol

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Loved it. Although at times I almost felt I needed subtitles since his Scottish accent was so thick. Kept thinking he was caliing dis female superiors mom lol
I was watching it on my iPad on a plane flight to Hawaii and back last week and had subtitles on. I have a partial hearing loss so often times I use subtitles anyways, but especially in situations where there is some background noise or I don't want to turn up the volume much. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The only good thing about Emmy Rossum leaving Shameless is that I can finally stop hate-watching that show. William H. Macy may be a good actor but, Frank Gallagher, in my estimation, is the second-most unlikeable character in the history of television, at least as pertains to the TV shows I actually watch.

Also, seeing the trailers for this mini-series The Fix, as I watch the Sixers/Bucks game. It's got to be one of the most self-indulgent television shows I've ever heard of.

The only good thing about Emmy Rossum leaving Shameless is that I can finally stop hate-watching that show. William H. Macy may be a good actor but, Frank Gallagher, in my estimation, is the second-most unlikeable character in the history of television, at least as pertains to the TV shows I actually watch.

Also, seeing the trailers for this mini-series The Fix, as I watch the Sixers/Bucks game. It's got to be one of the most self-indulgent television shows I've ever heard of.
I could not stand Fiona. I thoroughly enjoyed watching her implode this season lol. Good riddance

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Finally got around to watching the first episode of The Fix.

I think I spent way too much time thinking about the O.J. trial and Marcia Clark, probably because of the multitude of similarities between this "fictional story" and the actual Simpson case. Maybe Clark cannot help herself? Is she trying to finally put the past behind her by writing a story about a prosecutor who loses a high profile case of an actor accused of murdering his wife and her friend?

No, this isn't the same. Just like a movie called Star Battles with a hero named Fritz Alone and a Princess Leanna battling the evil Dark Vaner wouldn't be anything like Star Wars.

I'm gonna watch next week just to see where it goes.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

so who's the most hated then?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
One of my new favorite ways of wasting time has been to find a subreddit for one of my favorite TV shows, and read what they say about it, and then contrast those posts with what people are saying about that show on Previously.tv. For example, compare the people who post on PTV's Arrow forum with the people who post on r/Arrow... it's like the two groups are watching two different shows; it's hilarious.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
One of my new favorite ways of wasting time has been to find a subreddit for one of my favorite TV shows, and read what they say about it, and then contrast those posts with what people are saying about that show on Previously.tv. For example, compare the people who post on PTV's Arrow forum with the people who post on r/Arrow... it's like the two groups are watching two different shows; it's hilarious.
You should check out the differences between PTV's Doncic forum and the people on r/Luka - it's like they're watching two different basketball players!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Here are my updated rankings for Mr. Slim's personal Top 10 shows of the 2018-19 season*, as of April 1, 2019:

1. S.W.A.T. (-)
  2. The Orville (-)
  3. Supergirl (+2)
  4. Good Girls (NR)
  5. The Good Place (-2)
  6. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (-2)
  7. Arrow (-)
  8. Into the Badlands (NR)
  9. The Flash (-1)
  10. Black Lightning (-1)

blue

Falling out of the Top Ten: MacGyver (-5), grown-ish (-2)

Still haven't gotten around to watching This Is Us, ; I don't have the ability to record it on its scheduled broadcast day, due to resource-sharing issues, and it hasn't been convenient for me to either stream it or watch it on demand. I'm probably going to end up binging the entire season, which seems like an entirely masochistic thing to do. Good Girls has been tons of fun this season, and Into the Badlands is going out like a mother****ing champion.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, a couple of things have happened, in this particular order, which has led to a somewhat embarrassing conclusion:
  • I am a fan of Brockmire, and in their third season, Jules (played by Amanda Peet) has had a significantly reduced role, due to the lead getting a job offer in another location. My personal speculation was that Amanda Peet's reduced role may also have something to do with her working on another project.
  • The NBA playoffs have had ABC heavily promoting a new series, Bless This Mess. TTBOMR, they haven't identified either of the leads in the ads, but I happened to easily place Dax Sheppard, as he has one of those easily recognizable (read: annoying) faces.
  • I was reading a discussion topic on another message board, in which someone was wondering aloud what the point of Bless This Mess was, in a "Who asked for this?" sort of way. This discussion topic was the first time I had actually seen both of the show leads identified.
And it was, as this third thing was happening, when I arrived at my somewhat embarrassing conclusion: that I can't tell the difference between Amanda Peet and Lake Bell.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, a couple of things have happened, in this particular order, which has led to a somewhat embarrassing conclusion:
  • I am a fan of Brockmire, and in their third season, Jules (played by Amanda Peet) has had a significantly reduced role, due to the lead getting a job offer in another location. My personal speculation was that Amanda Peet's reduced role may also have something to do with her working on another project.
  • The NBA playoffs have had ABC heavily promoting a new series, Bless This Mess. TTBOMR, they haven't identified either of the leads in the ads, but I happened to easily place Dax Sheppard, as he has one of those easily recognizable (read: annoying) faces.
  • I was reading a discussion topic on another message board, in which someone was wondering aloud what the point of Bless This Mess was, in a "Who asked for this?" sort of way. This discussion topic was the first time I had actually seen both of the show leads identified.
And it was, as this third thing was happening, when I arrived at my somewhat embarrassing conclusion: that I can't tell the difference between Amanda Peet and Lake Bell.
Is it wrong that I liked Brockmire more when he was a drunk? And, in that vein, am I bad for hoping he falls off the wagon...soon?

I watched the premiere episode of Bless This Mess and was somewhat confused, so you're not the only one who sees more than a passing resemblance between Amanda Peet and Lake Bell.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This season of Sneaky Pete started out supershakey (turns out they move shooting locations between seasons and changed show runners) but ended, I thought, on a relative high note. The cast is an embarrassment of riches led by esteemed character actress Margo Martindale and Peter Gerety and honestly I probably would have enjoyed the show regardless but as far as heist shows go, this is probably the best one currently going (unless this was the last season).