TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
P.tv forums continue to make my head numb. I am particularly vexed by the people who will post in the DCTV folders, to mention how, say, they watch Supergirl, but don't watch The Flash. And I'm sitting here thinking, why in the **** would anyone who watches Supergirl not watch The Flash?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
P.tv forums continue to make my head numb. I am particularly vexed by the people who will post in the DCTV folders, to mention how, say, they watch Supergirl, but don't watch The Flash. And I'm sitting here thinking, why in the **** would anyone who watches Supergirl not watch The Flash?
Or for that matter, Arrow, which in my opinion has retaken its spot as the best DCTV show.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I can at least understand the people who say that they like The Flash, but not Arrow, since the former is considered to be lighter and more comic book-y, and the latter is considered to be more "grimdark." I think that's dumb, but I understand that. But, liking The Flash and not Supergirl, or vice versa? Does not compute.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, anybody who's been on this message board for longer than a minute and a half could probably guess that Emily Bett Rickards is pretty far from my physical ideal woman. In fact, she's about as far from my physically ideal woman as you can get, and still be the same gender. With that said, EBR's portrayal of Felicity Smoak... makes me feel things. #Arrow

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, anybody who's been on this message board for longer than a minute and a half could probably guess that Emily Bett Rickards is pretty far from my physical ideal woman. In fact, she's about as far from my physically ideal woman as you can get, and still be the same gender. With that said, EBR's portrayal of Felicity Smoak... makes me feel things. #Arrow
(Looks up Emily Bett Rickards...)

So Slim, next time you meet the opposite of your physically ideal woman, go ahead and send her my way, mmmk?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I appear to have terrible taste in TV, because most of the shows that I would say I'm "passionate" about have already been canceled. However, I still watch a lot of TV, so here goes (bearing in mind that I won't watch anything but basketball in "real time"):

Shows that I won't ever miss, if I can help it:

• WWE Monday Night Raw
  • Castle
  • Scorpion
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • NCIS
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • House of Lies
  • The Newsroom
  • Modern Family
  • The Ultimate Fighter (Season 20 only)
  • The Americans
  • TNA Impact Wrestling
  • The Legend of Korra
Shows that I watch almost every week, but I'll watch onDemand or via Hulu, rather than waste DVR space:
  • WWE Friday Night Smackdown
  • NCIS Los Angeles
  • Outlander
  • Episodes
  • Masters of Sex
  • Black-ish
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Shows I'll occasionally watch onDemand, or via Hulu, if I remember they came on that week:
  • Garfunkel and Oates
  • Shameless
  • Matador (RIP Elizabeth Peña)
  • Kingdom
  • Parks and Recreation
Shows I've been watching for so long, I can't make myself stop:
  • Two and a Half Men
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Bones
  • Parenthood
  • Covert Affairs
*** Special category *** Shows that I don't actually like, and don't actually want to watch, but will watch regularly, anyway, out of loyalty/devotion to one or more of the cast members:
  • 2 Broke Girls (Kat Dennings, Garrett Morris)
  • Girl Meets World (Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel)
  • NCIS New Orleans (Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan)
  • Hot in Cleveland (Jane Leeves)
  • Mad Men (I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one :p)
  • A to Z (Cristin Milioti)
Well, with another season of TV in the books, and not much else going on, I've decided to look back on this post I made nearly three years ago, and modify it to be more current. Some shows have been re-categorized, some have been added, and some (as notated by strikethrough) have been removed.

This list consists solely of network and cable shows; Netflix series will be noted in a special category:

Shows that I won't ever miss, if I can help it:
  • WWE Monday Night Raw
  • Castle (ended)
  • Scorpion
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • House of Lies (ended)
  • The Newsroom (ended)
  • The Ultimate Fighter (Season 20 only) (ended)
  • The Americans
  • TNA Impact Wrestling (lost interest)
  • The Legend of Korra (ended)
  • Arrow
  • Supergirl
  • The Flash
  • iZombie
  • Into the Badlands
Shows that I watch almost every week, but I'll watch onDemand or via Hulu, rather than waste DVR space:
  • WWE Smackdown Live!
  • NCIS Los Angeles
  • Outlander (lost interest)
  • Episodes (canceled)
  • Masters of Sex
  • Black-ish
  • Shameless
  • DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Shows I'll occasionally watch onDemand, or via Hulu, if I remember they came on that week:
  • Garfunkel and Oates (lost interest)
  • Matador (RIP Elizabeth Peña) (canceled)
  • Kingdom (lost interest)
  • Parks and Recreation (ended)
  • Humans
Shows I've been watching for so long, I can't make myself stop (aka, shows I continue to hate-watch, because of reasons):
  • Two and a Half Men (ended)
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Bones (ended)
  • Parenthood (ended)
  • Covert Affairs (canceled)
  • NCIS
  • Modern Family
*** Special category *** Shows that I don't actually like, and don't actually want to watch, but will watch regularly, anyway, out of loyalty/devotion to one or more of the cast members:
  • 2 Broke Girls (Kat Dennings, Garrett Morris) (canceled)
  • Girl Meets World (Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel) (canceled)
  • NCIS New Orleans (Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan)
  • Hot in Cleveland (Jane Leeves) (ended)
  • Mad Men (I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one :p) (ended)
  • A to Z (Cristin Milioti) (canceled)

And, as for Netflix (original series only), those series generally fall into three categories:

Shows that I'll binge through the new season, the first weekend it comes out:

• Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Voltron: Legendary Defender
  • Marco Polo
Shows that I'll watch the new season, when I get around to it:
  • Iron Fist
  • Daredevil
Shows that I've been meaning to watch, but haven't gotten around to yet:
  • Dear White People
  • Sense8
  • One Day at a Time

I got sucked into two newer shows thanks to a friend and both promptly got cancelled. (Man Seeking Woman and Making History).

Slim, you really would rather watch Raw than Smackdown? I feel like the 2 hour format and tighter roster restrictions makes it a much more enjoyable show regardless of whether my favorites are on one brand or the other. Raw just has too much junk.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Slim, you really would rather watch Raw than Smackdown? I feel like the 2 hour format and tighter roster restrictions makes it a much more enjoyable show regardless of whether my favorites are on one brand or the other. Raw just has too much junk.
No. Smackdown is way better than Raw, but I also have to share the DVR, and Tuesday is a very busy TV night around here. I had to make concessions.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll just share my DVR listings:

The Big Bang Theory
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Preacher
Wynonna Earp
The Librarians
Lethal Weapon
Lucifer
How to Get Away With Murder
Grey's Anatomy
Bull
Scorpion
NCIS
Scandal
Doctor Who
Brockmire (quite possibly the funniest show I've watched in years)
Designated Survivor
The Son
Ghost Brothers
BigBrother

Last edited:
Just wrapped up Bloodline series finale . Loved the show but was very letdown with the finale
Have one more episode of House of Cards most recent season. This season has been great.
Better Call Saul finale (and season) was excellent.
Goliath was awesome
Just started Broadchurch and we both like it
And yes I watch a lot of tv

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mike Myers doing hour long character comedy as the new host of the Gong Show may be the oddest thing I've seen on TV for a long while.\

Why? How come? For how long?

VF, Big Brother is coming. I think you watch that. I got hooked on it in 2005 lol. It was Jase and the other meatheads. I think Cowboy was in that one with his sister and they didn't know they were related. I don't even recall who won that season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just finished watching this week's episode of Doctor Who. I've been a little disappointed with this season, up until tonight. Talk about a wow episode. I hadn't seen any spoilers so I was really stunned by the events. (I won't name particulars just in case...) Amazing how this series can still command my attention after all these years. I've been a loyal viewer since the beginning.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just finished watching this week's episode of Doctor Who. I've been a little disappointed with this season, up until tonight. Talk about a wow episode. I hadn't seen any spoilers so I was really stunned by the events. (I won't name particulars just in case...) Amazing how this series can still command my attention after all these years. I've been a loyal viewer since the beginning.
I'm just a little disappointed that they gave so much away in the various previews of the season. I'd probably have died from excitement if some of the reveals had, well, been reveals as intended.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm just a little disappointed that they gave so much away in the various previews of the season. I'd probably have died from excitement if some of the reveals had, well, been reveals as intended.
I'm lucky enough to have not seen the various previews, so the reveals were like WHOA!! Wait what?!?! WHOAAAAA!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VF, Big Brother is coming. I think you watch that. I got hooked on it in 2005 lol. It was Jase and the other meatheads. I think Cowboy was in that one with his sister and they didn't know they were related. I don't even recall who won that season.
OMG. I cannot remember a time when I hated a houseguest so much within seconds of seeing him. Everything about Kevin is sleazy, smarmy and disgusting. He makes my skin crawl.

OMG. I cannot remember a time when I hated a houseguest so much within seconds of seeing him. Everything about Kevin is sleazy, smarmy and disgusting. He makes my skin crawl.
I've been following some of the main people that watch the feeds 24/7 on twitter, who post clips etc. and Kevin is actually fitting in pretty well. I felt the same way as you first but I think I'm pulling for this guy now. You heard that Megan gal walked off the show?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've been following some of the main people that watch the feeds 24/7 on twitter, who post clips etc. and Kevin is actually fitting in pretty well. I felt the same way as you first but I think I'm pulling for this guy now. You heard that Megan gal walked off the show?
I won't change my mind about Kevin and I won't root for him. (I'm stubborn that way.) As far as Megan goes, I think she was treated horribly by Josh. I can't believe the things he said and did.

I don't follow the 24/7 feeds , so please don't post spoilers. I hadn't heard she walked off...