Trading back for Mikal Bridges.

I really think Mikal is going to be a great player in the league. I would consider trading back for Orlando's #6 and their pick next year or J. Isaac. We're atrocious defending the perimeter he'll be such a great fit here.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Bridges but he wouldn't be a trade back target for me. He could surprise me but right now I see him becoming a lesser version of Otto Porter

gunks

Hall of Famer
Solid floor as a 3 and D roleplayer, with people saying he could be much more. ...

But if we're going to gamble on upside, I'd rather go for Euro Harden or Amar'ebosh. That's what a number 2 pick is for.

I see Mikal as a role player in the NBA. Maybe a high level role player, but still a role player. At #2, we can get a franchise player. I'm not passing that up for fit.

I've soured on him as time has gone on. If there's one word I could use to describe what I feel is going to be his career, it's pedestrian.

So in short, no. I wouldn't draft him seven either.

I like Mikal Bridges at #6 or 7. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become the "franchise player" that many people are projecting on Ayton and Doncic. But in looking at our roster, I think we need quality over quantity. So I'd rather we take our best shot at #2.

I like that you put yourself out there with this scenario. I liked Isaac a lot last year and Mikal this year but then questioned his age in relation to ball handling. Both upgrades over Justin IMO.