Trade Deadline Q&A with Monte McNair

It begins at 4:15 p.m. on Friday, February 11.

In early January I had a little heart to heart talk with the Kings on how bad things were, the frustration of the fan base and the empty seats.

They assured me things would change and they would produce a better product that we can be Sacramento proud of.

They also went with an idea I brought to them of having a town hall with Monte to address the fans on the direction of the team, etc.

Enjoy and go Kings!

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This current front office has a very different vibe to it.
I've made no bones about being a big believer in Monte it's great you got to spend some quality time with him would love to hear more about your impressions he made.

I've made no bones about being a big believer in Monte it's great you got to spend some quality time with him would love to hear more about your impressions he made.
The one thing that really stuck out to me was this front office is a team.

It's not a one man band.

During the town hall Monte gave credit to his team including Wes Wilcox and Ken Catanella and they were both in attendance standing off to the side. He explained how they work together, their duties, stages of planning, etc.

I never got that impression during the PDA and Vlade era.

The front office staff are the happiest I have seen them in a long time. Lot of laughs and smiles. I did not see that in previous years.

I want to keep most of what Monte and I discussed private but I will say he is learning more about the Sacramento community and its love affair with the team. He knows some about our past sellouts but was also told by the Kings about the fight to keep the team and that was why he took a picture with our Crown Downtown shirt when he was first hired.

He wants to deliver to us a winning product with talent that can compete. He wants to see what it will be like inside Golden 1 Center with a sold out arena being loud, chanting defense, etc.

He also loves how we travel for business trips and is interested in hanging out during our last two games of the season at Los Angeles and Phoenix.