Tolliver Waived - signs with Grizzlies

Right before we acquired him he went off in the 4th quarter at the game I attended in Portland. So I was actually a little bit excited to have him here.

Oh well, good luck on your next stop.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's a vet player on his last legs (his vet leadership did wonders to put the Kings in the position they are in now but his inability to contribute on the court did not) if he wants to latch onto a top contender to get a ring before his playing days are over, I say we give him that opportunity and then let him rejoin the team as an assistant coach in the offseason

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Step 1: Draft and develop a star player
Step 2: Balk at signing him to a Supermax Contract
Step 3: Trade him for prospects and a pick.
Step 4: Acquire good players while he's gone.
Step 5: Have him suffer multiple debilitating injuries that crater his value.
Step 6: Have him get cut by the Lakers
Step 7: Sign him to a minimum contract.
Step 8: Profit.

Ehh, Tolliver might get picked up by someone else as an end of bench guy. He's always been known to be a great teammate. Really though, that gas tank is empty. He should just hang em up and maybe go into coaching or something.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ehh, Tolliver might get picked up by someone else as an end of bench guy. He's always been known to be a great teammate. Really though, that gas tank is empty. He should just hang em up and maybe go into coaching or something.
He took some of the ugliest shots I’ve seen this entire season in his short stint here.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Oh so the Griz waived Jordon Bell to sign Tolliver.

From a small rotational guy on an NBA champ to waived on his 4th team after 2 years.
amazing how playing on the greatest team in recent league history can make you look like a quality player while playing with non-great teams can make you look like a chump

So, Tolliver shot 4 of 5 from 3 last night for Memphis.

It would be funny (in a painful way), he'd be their shot in the arm like Bazemore was ours, and helps keep Memphis ahead of the Kings in the play-off race.
But at least he got a chance to go to a play-off contender...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Oh so the Griz waived Jordon Bell to sign Tolliver.

From a small rotational guy on an NBA champ to waived on his 4th team after 2 years.
Lol, I remember my Warriors fan cousin talking him up as absolutely the next Draymond Green. Of course every single player that ever wears a Warriors uniform is excellent. Willie was amazing. Criss is even better. Bender’s potential is through the roof!!!