Tie breaker - Coin flip

Swapping with Philly is the preferred outcome:D Vlade is a genius! He out-Hinkied Hinkie:cool:
To be honest, just about the only way the kings could ever win the lottery (or get a top 3 pick) is because of an impending pick swap hanging over the pick! o_O

If there was no pick swap in place, the kings would never win the lottery! ;)

Therefore, even if there was a pick swap, the kings would move up regardless and I wouldn't be mad, because I don't think the kings would ever win the lottery, if they owned that pick outright! :)

#KANGZ for life!

Last edited:
Hell no, Knicks are going to take point guard 100 %.
Why? Because you think they need one? What kind of point guard do you think Phil Jackson wants? Keep in mind the triangle is going nowhere.

Knicks had Derrick Rose and by the midway point Phil wanted Hornacek to have him stand in the corner. They can get the PG they want for triangle offense without blowing their lottery pick. Phil will look for star potential in bigs and wings because those are the star positions in his view. They only got Derrick Rose because after Fisher flopped:))) they would abandon the triangle and let Hornacek do his thing..by mid season he wanted the triangle back and Derrick Rose was part of the problem.

"The next John Wall" or the "The next Jason Kidd" do nothing for Phil Jackson. He's probably more intrigued with finding the next Rick Fox before he cares about a point guard who does more than dribble the ball up court, immediately pass it, run to the corner, wait to make a read, and hit an open shot if he gets it...and play some defense. This is a guy who dug up the corpse of Sasha Vujacic to bring to NY this past season for one reason..he's an ideal triangle PG.

So, it's not "100%" by any means...possibly if Malik Monk falls to them but I don't think he'll go for Dennis Smith or Ntilikina(though he could be a good triangle PG in my opinion) Not if there are good wings and stretch 4's on the board.

I think Phil will look towards free agency for his PG and he can easily find his PG there because he doesn't want much from the position.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Monk and Ntilikina both look like triangle-friendly PG options. Phil doesn't have to go PG with his pick but I don't see any obvious alternatives. There aren't any bigs worth taking that high and I don't see Tatum or Isaac being ideal fits either. Actually he might be interested in a trade down for our 8 and 10 if Fox and Ntilikina are both there at 7. We'd just need three of this group-- Tatum, Isaac, Monk, Markkanen, Smith -- to go top 6. Isaac/Markkanen look like good fits for Minnesota. Tatum/Smith look good for Orlando. Monk looks good for the Sixers. Is it worth trading both picks to get Fox if the fallback is Ntilikina though? Not sure that it is. There's nobody I really like at 10 but we could still trade that pick for a decent player.

Monk and Ntilikina both look like triangle-friendly PG options. Phil doesn't have to go PG with his pick but I don't see any obvious alternatives. There aren't any bigs worth taking that high and I don't see Tatum or Isaac being ideal fits either. Actually he might be interested in a trade down for our 8 and 10 if Fox and Ntilikina are both there at 7. We'd just need three of this group-- Tatum, Isaac, Monk, Markkanen, Smith -- to go top 6. Isaac/Markkanen look like good fits for Minnesota. Tatum/Smith look good for Orlando. Monk looks good for the Sixers. Is it worth trading both picks to get Fox if the fallback is Ntilikina though? Not sure that it is. There's nobody I really like at 10 but we could still trade that pick for a decent player.
I think Markannen would be an obvious choice should he fall past Minny. They are definitely looking for a stretch 4 next to Porzingis and would value that higher IMO. That might be Zach Collins path into the top 10 as well.

Maybe Monk but people aren't sure whether he is a combo guard or really just a SG in a PGs body.

Ntililikina would be a good triangle PG but I really want him to be one of the Kings picks and I really think NY will look stretch 4