The vision of Vlade coming to fruition

And no freaking knuckleheads to deal with! See, the Kings can actually get talent without getting the head cases of the NBA.
Such a key thing going forward! The Detroit's, New York's, etc of the NBA will continue to struggle with developing a winning culture. A team like the Spurs on the other hand can win year after year after year while replace replacing players in the fly as they go. Talent is key but getting your talent to perform to their potential is just as important. I think Vlade has the right idea here.

You overestimate Cousins' impact on this team when he's gone for good, meaning to say that a Kings team built around numerous players without Cousins will perform better than a Kings team built around Cousins without Cousins. Young guys are gonna surprise us too. We aren't making the playoffs, that I agree, but I honestly don't think we're going to be too far off any of the Cousins-Kings win totals.
I agree with this. Cousins is talented but he plays losing basketball. George Hill out performs dmc in win shares year after year. The difference is Hill has peaked while Cousins can conceivably get a lot better still. I'm not betting on him though. Keep our locker room right and our talent level high and I think we'll out perform rather than under perform expectations for a change.

Last edited:
If we had kept DMC and gave him the max contract he was expecting, there's no way we could rise above being a barely-playoff-level team. With what Vlade & co have done, we can aspire to be a great team. Yes, it will take a few years. But it's not a pipe dream.
NBA stars who go for the big pay day are, in effect, limiting their team's ability to compete by limiting the resources available to attract and retain talent. The only exception to this are the teams whose owners are wealthy enough to not care about paying the luxury tax.
I like what Vlade & co have done.

Since Philadelphia caused their lengthy rebuild "the process", maybe Kings fans can call this rebuild "The Vlision ( Vlade + vision)"

For cleaning house in the front office? For getting Vivek to take a backseat? For killing it two drafts in a row? For recruiting and hiring the best young coach in the NBA? For making two great vet FA signings this offseason?

Or cause he traded away Cousins?
No, because we still havent done anything. Simply put. GO Kings and I am hoping for the best. Hope and reality are 2 different words.

It all depends on the kids. They develop, Vlade's golden. They all stall out, don't reach their potential, etc... we're worse than where we started. It's a wait and see game now. We're not going to know for at least a season, possibly longer.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

Again, I'm very skeptical of the philosophy of handing out contracts to vets on their last legs. Serves so little purpose with that money IMO

Hill is an entirely different matter than Randolph/Carter in that he can still project as game changing talent and semi-young enough to possibly bring it for another stretch of years, and a good expected player with that salary

So many other avenues than 22 mil to 37+ yo old guys. I don't believe mentorship should guide salary like this, just don't believe in that philosophy at all.

We will see how it plays out

Again, I'm very skeptical of the philosophy of handing out contracts to vets on their last legs. Serves so little purpose with that money IMO

Hill is an entirely different matter than Randolph/Carter in that he can still project as game changing talent and semi-young enough to possibly bring it for another stretch of years, and a good expected player with that salary

So many other avenues than 22 mil to 37+ yo old guys. I don't believe mentorship should guide salary like this, just don't believe in that philosophy at all.

You shouldn't dwell on something that's not a big deal. AT ALL. These aren't Carl Landry or Kenny Thomas albatross contracts. They are for 1 and 2 seasons respectively. RELAX already!

There is also these simple facts. They were almost out of roster spots. The additional two spots (taking contracts up to 17) are for special category of contract. It appears most of the contracts trying to be dumped were longer than the Kings were willing to take, draft pick or not. The money had to be spent and if they are not willing to hand out four year contracts at the moment, why not spend it on "aged" veterans that can teach a thing or two to the youngsters and even then I don't think they reached the floor.

These are 1-2 year deals that don't tie anyone down AT ALL. These guys are good mentors and still good players and good morale guys, they're more than valuable for a full lengths season. Don't think anyone expected either Zbo or VC to sign here so we are honestly a bit lucky. They aren't blocking any significant minutes, although they will definitely see the floor. VC has also been considered an on court coach in his veteran years.

Best case scenario: the young guys get valuable experience, learn, grow, everyone enjoys the presence of a guy who won teammate of the year last year, a guy who has dominated paint scoring for years, we surprise some ppl and win extra games dare I say sneak in the 8th spot.

Worst case scenario: there is none, these are short contracts and nice locker room guys

These are 1-2 year deals that don't tie anyone down AT ALL. These guys are good mentors and still good players and good morale guys, they're more than valuable for a full lengths season. Don't think anyone expected either Zbo or VC to sign here so we are honestly a bit lucky. They aren't blocking any significant minutes, although they will definitely see the floor. VC has also been considered an on court coach in his veteran years.

Best case scenario: the young guys get valuable experience, learn, grow, everyone enjoys the presence of a guy who won teammate of the year last year, a guy who has dominated paint scoring for years, we surprise some ppl and win extra games dare I say sneak in the 8th spot.

Worst case scenario: there is none, these are short contracts and nice locker room guys
Precisely, these are the exact types of contracts a rebuilding team should be signing players to.