The most blatant +1 thread ever created

Status
Not open for further replies.
1870! I totally missed the 49ers and the gold rush! Frontier 1859 looks like an awesome game! I'm glad someone is looking to build a game with a bit more intellegence than leveling up your character to kill more things. Boy, you folks are missing a great bit of California history right now!

Here's a bit on Cottonwood, in Shasta County:

In the early 1870`s the California and Oregon (C&O) Railroad was surveying, for the best route to Oregon. Cottonwood fell along the route they selected. Jacob Foster played a major role in this history. Foster contracted with the railroad to build a depot for the railroad on the north side of the creek in addition to his hotel, tavern and livery stable, all along present day Front Street which parallels the railroad. Thus, in 1872, the coming of the railroad became the seminal event in the Cottonwood founding and the shift to the north (Shasta County) side of the creek.

What amazes me is that tho post count is up to 1874, but teh view count is well over 14,000.

Figure it takes two views to post - one to load the page and onother after the post when it reloads the page.

That leaves over 10,000 views that were not associated with posts. Did people actuallt read this thread 10,000+ times???

Status
Not open for further replies.