THE FOX AND THE OX AND THE FALCON AND DAVION

is this the night the Sacramento Kings finally turned the corner?

no sarcasm
I said this in the thread, but it sure as hell feels like it. The new guys played 90 minutes tonight with the team having absolutely 0 practice time and they looked like the were running the Princeton offense of the 2002 Kings to absolute perfection. We've haven't seen an ounce of the off-ball movement/cuts we saw tonight off the Sabonis looks and it looked to be especially contagious with Barnes/Metu/Holiday. The Davion/Sabonis and Fox/Sabonis both had outstanding 2-man game moments and the guards looked excited to work with him and get looks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also, I hope Vlade kicks a wall and hurts his toe knowing he didn’t draft Sabonis because his feelings were hurt, and now the new guy traded for him and it might be the start of something beautiful.

Sometimes, all it takes is the right mix of talent and personality on the team. It's pretty apparent that Sabonis is going to be contagious in a good way to his teammates. Hell, 24 hours ago I was ready to write this franchise off and now I can't wait until the next game. I remember when we got Vlade (the player, not the GM) and you could start to feel something special brewing. Kind of feels similar.

I'm going to be very cautious though....because we are, after all, the Kings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sometimes, all it takes is the right mix of talent and personality on the team. It's pretty apparent that Sabonis is going to be contagious in a good way to his teammates. Hell, 24 hours ago I was ready to write this franchise off and now I can't wait until the next game. I remember when we got Vlade (the player, not the GM) and you could start to feel something special brewing. Kind of feels similar.

I'm going to be very cautious though....because we are, after all, the Kings.
Dude, we lose the next game and you better believe all these losers are scrubs and we’re counting ping-pong balls.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dude, we lose the next game and you better believe all these losers are scrubs and we’re counting ping-pong balls.
The next two games are against the Wizards and Nets and who knows what those teams are going to look like after tomorrow.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Missed the game but I'll catch the next one for sure! And I'll probably get caught up in the hype if the Fox/Sabonis duo actually looks like a legit core...

...Keeping my plate of crow in the fridge until we win a playoff series though. Gotta set the bar higher than making the play-in if you trade a guy like Hali.