The Fox and the Ox and the Cyborg

I gotta be honest, I was a little concerned about Sabonis to start the season. Turns out it was just them finding the flow of the new system. So tired of people hating on our players when they struggle. First it was Fox last year, then Sabonis this year. Sabonis and Monk looked jet lagged or hung over to start. When these guys play well we win. No questions I really wanna see the Kings face a quality opponent.

I gotta be honest, I was a little concerned about Sabonis to start the season. Turns out it was just them finding the flow of the new system. So tired of people hating on our players when they struggle. First it was Fox last year, then Sabonis this year. Sabonis and Monk looked jet lagged or hung over to start. When these guys play well we win. No questions I really wanna see the Kings face a quality opponent.
Fox was suspect last year though. Played like garbage until basically the moment that Hali got traded.

Love to see this. I've also seen options the Kings ran where Murray rejects the first screen if his defender cheats and dives to the basket, or he runs to set a backdoor pick for Monk to the corner or basket...
Murray was moving with more of a purpose last night. I guess it helps GMa was able to be able to see. That takes a big burden off a young man's shoulders. Life is rough, to be able to know there is the ability to come back from a health scare, for a young man who feels invincible, is a solid life lesson.

Murray just got his first real "life is bigger than basketball" test. Nice to see the young man bounce back with that purpose. I'd be willing to bet he goes on a little tear going forward.

I get that Hali is still stung by the trade. I do wish he would get over it sooner rather than later.

It's performances like this one that are helping us Kings fans get over it.

After the 0-4 start, Dabonis Sabonis has shown he is legit. Kings fans need this validation. Happy we have Domas, if he can get his 3 ball to a respectable level he can be a slightly poor man's version of Jokic, and that is a 3rd team All NBA player.

Since we are on the stats, I heard this from Carmichael Dave's radio earlier comparing these 2 lines of stats.

Player A: 21.5 PPG | 10.5 REB | 4.6 AST | 48.3% FG% | 0.179 Win share/48
Player B: 17.9 PPG | 11.3 REB | 6.3 AST | 55.7% FG% | 0.212 Win share/48

One of those is this season's Sabonis, the other is the 1999-00 version of C-Webb.

Since we are on the stats, I heard this from Carmichael Dave's radio earlier comparing these 2 lines of stats.

One of those is this season's Sabonis, the other is the 1999-00 version of C-Webb.
If Sabonis can reach Webb level of production then we are definitely multi year playoff entrants. Webb was definitely more athletic than Sabonis, Sabonis plays within himself a bit more. Webb was deadly at the elbow, if Sabonis can get a spot on the floor where he is deadly like that too then he could potentially reach that level.

We just beat Golden State and Cleveland back to back. Are those not quality opponents?

how many possessions per game did each team have - that may show the rebound and assist gap to be a lot wider than it appears at first glance while making the PPG total slightly less meaningful. Win share stat seems significant as frankly does the FG% - though the big men shooting 3s wasn't a thing then either.

Love Sabonis but I see him more as our Vlade than our C-Webb. Fox is the #1 superstar and Sabonis is the workhorse guy and maybe the glue that brings everyone together - he seems to have a certain leadership quality Fox hadn't really displayed in years past - though that might be changing before our eyes right now.