The Bibby & Artest Dilemma

At this point i'd rather have Ron sit on the bench the rest of the season with KT if there is no way a trade can be made before his contract is up. Salmons is way more worthy of the starting position.

At this point i'd ratherhave Ron sit on the bench the rest of the season with KT if there is no way a trade can be made before his contract is up. Salmons is way more worthy of the starting position.
I was thinking the same. A good long benching for Artest. I'd much rather have Salmons out there.

Funny how after I mention that SAR should retire there’s an article in the paper about him believing that he’s still got it. Well, I hope we either can trade him (but I don’t think that going to be possible with his slow legs) or he takes his time, a whole lot of time to heal.

I know that the cell phone ban was quietly dropped -- another example of hardass Reggie learning to be flexible rather than inspiring revolt -- maybe the curfew went the same way. Or maybe they had promised mom they would be home by 11:00.
As far as the curfew, SacBee had this in the paper “Theus, meanwhile, said he was simply glad it didn't take place on a night in which his road curfew was in place. The midnight curfew that has, in reality, become a loose guideline is only on nights before road games.
"I was so glad it wasn't (the night before a game)," he said. "So glad."

The midnight curfew that has, in reality, become a loose guideline is only on nights before road games.
"I was so glad it wasn't (the night before a game)," he said. "So glad."
Okay, so...were his guidelines always like this since day 1 this season? Or were they more stringent, then loosened for some reason? I hope the inmates arent running the asylum...again...Who knows...

Okay, so...were his guidelines always like this since day 1 this season? Or were they more stringent, then loosened for some reason? I hope the inmates arent running the asylum...again...Who knows...
This was the rule from the beginning, I remember him emphasizing that his players should be ready to play every game with plenty of sleep and no aftereffects of partying. But he didn't want to take the fun away from road trips, game nights are the curfew nights.

I have a question for all those NBA sports minds. The Chicago Bulls really intrigue me as a trading partner. I wanted to know what people thought about getting Kirk Hinrich for Mike Bibby? The Bulls want to win and they need an experienced vet (Ben Wallace doesn’t seem to care or really lead). They might not get into the playoffs this year but I’m sure they want to next year and Mike's experience could help them. Plus, I don’t think Mike’s going to opt-out this summer. Is this a good deal for the Kings and Bulls or is someone getting a better deal? Does Hinrich’s game blend with our style?

I have a question for all those NBA sports minds. The Chicago Bulls really intrigue me as a trading partner. I wanted to know what people thought about getting Kirk Hinrich for Mike Bibby? The Bulls want to win and they need an experienced vet (Ben Wallace doesn’t seem to care or really lead). They might not get into the playoffs this year but I’m sure they want to next year and Mike's experience could help them. Plus, I don’t think Mike’s going to opt-out this summer. Is this a good deal for the Kings and Bulls or is someone getting a better deal? Does Hinrich’s game blend with our style?
The only reason the Bulls do this is because Both Wallace, and Bibby's contracts end at the same time. It would open a lot of space at once if things didn't work out. I see the Kings doing it in order to get a PG that will not be going anywhere for a while. Not sure why, but Petrie likes those long contracts when trading for players. Maybe because it's tougher to sign good FA than to trade for a decent player? Beno/Hinrich playing the old BJax/Bibby role is something to smile about.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think it is much easier to trade for a player then sign a FA. When you've got a good player, lock him down with a long contract. Don't let him have a chance to think. :)

The only reason the Bulls do this is because Both Wallace, and Bibby's contracts end at the same time. It would open a lot of space at once if things didn't work out. I see the Kings doing it in order to get a PG that will not be going anywhere for a while. Not sure why, but Petrie likes those long contracts when trading for players. Maybe because it's tougher to sign good FA than to trade for a decent player? Beno/Hinrich playing the old BJax/Bibby role is something to smile about.
What about Bibby for Ben Wallace straight up? We get rebounding and defense at the 4, not to mention a Wallace/ Miller combo could be lethal. And suddenly we're a defensive stalwart with both Artest and Wallace. Beno becomes our starting pg, whilst the Bulls get their veteran pg in Bibby and Tyrus Thomas moves to C position. Could Artest and Wallace co-exist though? I could be completely off my rockers here too!:p

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Ben Wallace isn't happy in Chicago I can pretty much bet the farm he'll be even less happy in Sacramento...

You definately have point, but I think winning solves a lot. That is under the assumption that we do start winning. Besides I think the cows would do Big Ben some good ;)

I'm just not sure if Chicago does this trade. Would they bite?

One player I've always liked--Kirilenko. I know he USED to be unhappy in Utah, but (unfortunately) I think there's been some reconciliation with Sloan. Plus, Utah wouldn't have room for someone like Artest. We'd need to pull in a third team.

Oh, I'm new to the forum, so "hi" and all that.

Nope.. No way Bibby for Wallace. I think Chicago would rather have both together than if it does not work out they both are off the books at the same time which frees up like 30 million or some crazy amount. If I were Chicago I would do that.. It's a GMs dream to have that much coming off at once. Especially in a large market where it would be easy to sign free agents.

Sacramento gets Hinrich who is more than capable of being a decent starting PG in this league.

As for the Artest part of the dilema? Hrm... Trade him to Miami for a large Dr Pepper, and medium fries.

As far as Artest going to Utah. I can actually see Sloan whipping Ron into shape if/when Artest messes up. He's a no crap kinda coach and I think most to all players know they can't mess with him. But as far as Kirilenko coming to Sac, I'm not sure we can trade anyone besides Ron to them (I don't think they need Kenny, SAR or Mikki) so the salaries wouldn't match.

Btw. Hello Bachelor Dandy. Welcome to the board

What about Bibby for Ben Wallace straight up? We get rebounding and defense at the 4, not to mention a Wallace/ Miller combo could be lethal. And suddenly we're a defensive stalwart with both Artest and Wallace. Beno becomes our starting pg, whilst the Bulls get their veteran pg in Bibby and Tyrus Thomas moves to C position. Could Artest and Wallace co-exist though? I could be completely off my rockers here too!:p
I hate to dissagree but I do not want Ben Wallace in a Kings uniform. I didn't mind if Geoff wanted to signing him when he was a free agent but he's unmotivated, his numbers are going down and he seems to be unhappy in Chicago, just imagine if he came here. Plus, I don't want to constantly talk about how unhappy I am with his contract and how's he's playing (I'm already tired of talking about Artest and even Mike to a certain extent).

Hey I'm all for giving up Justin Williams if they throw in Ben Gordon or Joakim Noah even though the salaries don't match and that would be hard to pull off.