Televised games...take note

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Monarchs are going on the road for the next 2 games, but they will both be televised by Comcast Sports-Sacramento.

Friday, Aug 12, 7 p.m. @ Phoenix

Tuesday, Aug 16, 7:30 p.m. @ L.A.

GO MONARCHS!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bah! How about letting us out-of-towners know what games are on nationally? Telling me what games are on TV in Sacramento doesn't do a thing for me. :eek:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Bah! How about letting us out-of-towners know what games are on nationally? Telling me what games are on TV in Sacramento doesn't do a thing for me. :eek:
Will do, Mr. Slim. I'm afraid it'll have to wait till the playoffs though.

Slim, the next nationally televised game is Saturday, Aug,. 20, at 1 p.m. Pacific on ABC. We play Seattle and it's the game that Ruthie's jersey will be retired.

Well, actually, it is possible to pick up most of the Monarchs games for the rest of the season. WNBA.com has free webcasts for quite a few games and it is pretty Monarchs heavy for the rest of the season.

Sac@Phoenix- today
Sac@LA- 8/16
SA@Sac- 8/18
Sac@Seattle- 8/25
Sac@Minny- 8/27

So 5/7 games are webcast for the rest of the season and 1 of the 2 games that is not webcast is the 8/20 game that is on ABC. All you have to do is register with the dot com. They are free and you pick up whoever is doing the local telecast. So tonight's game is a Sac telecast, so I assume it'll be Koz and Krista on the webcast. Once you've registered, this *should* be the link to open the webcast. Should. The dot com is usually slow in getting the link up.

http://broadband.wnba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/wnba/http://broadband.wnba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/wnba/6562/300_wnba-sacramento_video_040514.asx&include=webcast_include05.html&external_play=1

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Still JD said:
Slim, the next nationally televised game is Saturday, Aug,. 20, at 1 p.m. Pacific on ABC. We play Seattle and it's the game that Ruthie's jersey will be retired.
Has ABC picked up this game? I showed it as N10....that is News 10, the local Sacramento (ABC?) channel.

It is coming on tape delay at 9pm on CNET.

Wish I knew that, I would have gone to dinner and been surprised about the outcome.
Now I have to listen to see how the game ends.

Let's hope I am watching the first come from behind for Sac.
We have the skills to come back but we usually do it with help from Haynie and Erin.

Hopefully Miao and Fei Fei can give us some unique looks at the basket.

Go Monarchs

No darling...

It was suppose to be on NBATV.
And it blacked out cause CNET picked it up.

But it is on tape delay. so I am listening to the game.

What effect does that have on the webcast? Can you just not get it? Or is it saying that you are blacked out?

Cause if that is the case, there's a way around that. Create another profile and say you live in some city that's nowhere NEAR a WNBA team. No blackout.
Not that you are missing anything fun to watch...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

I'm pretty sure that what MamaBristow is trying to get through to you is that it is simultaneously available via webcast. And that, if your television is currently blacked out, then you should try watching the game online.

I know that dear.

But you are listening to the game on the internet. Just wondering why you aren't watching it on the internet. Since the NBATV broadcast is on the internet too.

I get the whole TV blackout thing, that's to be expected.

Cause the video is on the webcast, I checked.

No you didn't miss anything last night if you didn't see the replay....in fact, if you closed your eyes an imagined an exact replica of the game against the Liberty in Sacramento a couple of weeks ago...but imagined it with Mercury players...that was last night's game in a nutshell.