talk me out of unfollowing Aaron Bruski

Of course during the Arena saga, Aaron Bruski was a serious "must follow". An advocate for Sac - on the ball with the story - had the right/winning spin. And I fell in twitter love.

But in the years since, more often than not he is just full of smug negative snark. There were the immediate post-Isaiah years when he wouldn't shut up about it of course.

But then since then it's always "Vlade is wrong on this".. "Vivek is wrong on that". "Karl is wrong on this".. "Joerger is wrong on that".. ad infinitum.

I want to stick with the guy out of some dumb loyalty, but he has gotten boring and actually kind of a negative drag for me.

Anybody else? Somebody tell me the other side of the story - tell me I'll lose vital content if unfollow Bruski.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Don't see the point in following him if you don't enjoy him....I'm at that point with Jason Jones. He's never first with any Kings info, half his tweets are the Kapernick/political stuff, and he's a Lakers fan

I don't think you'll lose much. He's really condescending with his opinions so I stopped checking in with him months ago. I like guys to have an opinion ando let you know what they think, but he can't tell the difference between his opinion and a fact.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Don't see the point in following him if you don't enjoy him....I'm at that point with Jason Jones. He's never first with any Kings info, half his tweets are the Kapernick/political stuff, and he's a Lakers fan
omg Jason Jones is the worst beat writer in america. He complains about having to watch a kings game. thats how he gets paid.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Considering how awful the Kings have been over the past decade, can you blame him?
I can.....he's kind of crapty at his job. Rarely does he have anything first. He keeps checking his twitter and then when Sean Cunningham breaks some news, JJ tweets it out in his own words. Shows me he doesn't work very hard at it. It's a shame as this is what us fans get from the beat writer of our only professional team. I don't follow Bruski but it sounds similar in that they are condescending towards fans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
omg Jason Jones is the worst beat writer in america. He complains about having to watch a kings game. thats how he gets paid.
While that may have been true once upon a time, Jones has improved significantly.

John Galt - I quit following Bruski a long time ago. To the best of my knowledge, I've missed NOTHING by doing so.

Last edited:
Yeah I pulled the trigger. Wasn't easy - but the relocation story was a long time ago and he's been nothing but a drag ever since - promoting his fantasy basketball tips for sale... so I'm out.

Y'all are the best.

Don't know where else to post this but felt possibly fits here.

COWBELL KINGDOM - Could these guys be anymore annoying? They are EVERYWHERE. Every Kings group, every Kings page, they are flooding their nonsense with their multiple accounts. They rip everyone else's videos and plop them on their pages for views under their own name. I commented on one video because I like Fox a lot, and they flooded my inbox, replied, and found me on facebook somehow to watch their friggin VLOGS. Out of curiousity I did, and it was them just bragging about their cars and stuff before a game.

Sorry, just had to vent, and see if anyone else has encountered these kids.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

COWBELL KINGDOM - Could these guys be anymore annoying? They are EVERYWHERE. Every Kings group, every Kings page, they are flooding their nonsense with their multiple accounts. They rip everyone else's videos and plop them on their pages for views under their own name. I commented on one video because I like Fox a lot, and they flooded my inbox, replied, and found me on facebook somehow to watch their friggin VLOGS. Out of curiousity I did, and it was them just bragging about their cars and stuff before a game.

Cowbell Kingdom has a proud history of producing journalistic talent (Zack Harper, Jon Santiago, James Ham). The current regime is, uh, erm, well, possibly not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

You already vented about them once. As I said then, "Not our circus, not our monkeys". If you want to complain about them, I'd suggest doing so on their page. :)