Survivor: Vanuatu, Islands of Fire

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice first episode.

Two teams, segregated by gender, dumped on an island with nothing but a map to water, a machete and a pot. No food, no fire, no shelter.

The first reward/immunity challenge proves interesting, as the women are able to defeat the men and gain flint to use with the machete to finally get a fire going.

Some rather interesting contestants this time, including a guy with a prosthetic foot. Also, a woman who just seems like she's gonna be fish food before long and the obligatory annoying character for each team.

The men voted their most annoying guy off, even though another member of their tribe actually caused them to lose the challenge.

Too early for me to pick favorites, but there are a couple of competitors I think are well worth watching.

You can check out updates at www.survivorupdates.com.

OMG, this was on last night?? And I missed it? I can't believe this! My favorite show, and I missed it. Ughh.... Maybe they'll re-run it again.

Was Brook the annoying guy? I thought it was Rory who had the personality conflict and that the older guys targeted Brook because he was such a competitive threat and they feared the young guys organizing against them.

Thursday nights are great TV: Survivor, CSI, Celebrity Poker Showdown! :D

We have an office pool going on and one of the two people I picked(they're drawn at random) was Brook. The other I have is Lea(Sarge). It would be nice if ONE of them made it...but I don't think so. If you had to guess right now, who would you pick to win?

It seems the women are separated into the "older working women" and the "young bikini do-nothings"...that'a always an interesting dynamic.