Super Serbs

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bjelica is criminally underrated and a steal, I hope we keep both Bogdon and Bjelica for a long time so they can play together
He wasn't underrated by Vlade, who made him an offer he couldn't refuse to get him to come to Sacramento. ;) I don't see either of them going anywhere. As I said elsewhere, Vlade's vision is starting to come to fruition, even with the injuries.

He wasn't underrated by Vlade, who made him an offer he couldn't refuse to get him to come to Sacramento. ;) I don't see either of them going anywhere. As I said elsewhere, Vlade's vision is starting to come to fruition, even with the injuries.

Want to highlight this. A true team can win when one or more of their stars are out. Bagley's been out for a bit and we've won 4 of 5. I see a few ppl on here trashing Bagley in his absence... bad look. He was our best player when he was on the court for the last 30 games of the season last year. Now, the team shows defensive grit without their best defensive player and team leader, Fox. This is no accident. This team is built to last and a few injuries aren't slowing us down.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm trying not to get too excited too early, but what has me tuning in, despite the loss of Fox and Bags, is the defense.

I've been pining away for a team that actually defends since Gerbil axed my dude Malone. I thought Joerger could have been that guy, but he wasn't it.

Luke might be.

Obviously, Vlade gets props for bringing in some guys that actually put in work on that end, but even Buddy and Bogi have had awesome little stretches on D. The team is buying in.

And looking forward, if Luke really is a legit defence first coach he's gonna be awesome for Fox (who's flashed lock down potential on that end, but still gets lit up from time to time) and Bagley, a player that needs a lot of work but could cause havoc if he ever gets it.

Like I said, I'm TRYING not to get too excited. We'll see how it goes against the Lakers.

*edit: Whoops, totally posted this in the wrong thread! Ah, anyways!...Bogi and Bjeli beasted! I love how those guys can both shoot and fill up the stat sheet when they're playing their A-games! I hope they can keep this up!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...Like I said, I'm TRYING not to get too excited. We'll see how it goes against the Lakers.
As I get older...and older...I find that I want to get excited about things when they happen and not deny myself that joy. One of the biggest foundations upon which this board has stood is the excitement of being a Kings fan. It was gone for far too long. Now that it's back, cherish every single moment. ;)

I was saying Beli was 2nd or 3rd best player on the team last year, and when he was moved to the bench, they struggled. Barnes struggled, Bagley was inconsistent, but the big hit was the chemistry and floor spacing and playmaking that he brought was no longer there. His defense and rebounding are overlooked on this team, but what he brings is a skillset that nobody else has.

The fact that people on here were basically saying that Dedmon should take Beli's minutes as an improved stretch big is and was laughable.

YES.

Will the KINGS be able to re-sign Bogi?

If he keeps playing like this ......
If they don't want Golden 1 Center to burn to the ground they'll figure it out. If he can sustain this level of play and show that those last few months are behind him then we should be comfortable to match anything short of a Jaylen Brown overpay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If they don't want Golden 1 Center to burn to the ground they'll figure it out. If he can sustain this level of play and show that those last few months are behind him then we should be comfortable to match anything short of a Jaylen Brown overpay.
You guys seem to overlook one thing. Vlade wanted Bogs. He's gonna find a way to make it work.

I was able to watch the 3rd and 4th quarter rerun this afternoon and thought the team played well.
Two takeaways that stood out to me.
First was Buddy’s bad ball handling and lack of being able to pass out of the defensive collapse without turning the ball over and the having the coach again confronting him as he came off the floor. Hopefully he will be able to figure out how to be more efficient in that regard.

The other was at the end with substitutions by continually switching Beli onto the floor for offense and then have Holmes in for defense. Very smart and productive knowing you will have a lot of opportunities to do that at the end.

We just may have a good coach to lead us if he is given the weapons to win with.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was able to watch the 3rd and 4th quarter rerun this afternoon and thought the team played well.
Two takeaways that stood out to me.
First was Buddy’s bad ball handling and lack of being able to pass out of the defensive collapse without turning the ball over and the having the coach again confronting him as he came off the floor. Hopefully he will be able to figure out how to be more efficient in that regard.

The other was at the end with substitutions by continually switching Beli onto the floor for offense and then have Holmes in for defense. Very smart and productive knowing you will have a lot of opportunities to do that at the end.

We just may have a good coach to lead us if he is given the weapons to win with.
So are you saying Vlade might just have chosen the right man for the job? ;)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't really see a feasible way to retain Bogdanovic if he really blows up in Fox's absence. Kings are paying Barnes 88 million, Buddy 90+, Fox is due for a 90+ deal as well as Bagley when the time comes.

Walton is the first coach to understand the value of Bjelica other than guys like Siakiam/Giannis/Kuzma /JJJ who just are antidotes to his style/skillset he can play with anyone. Dave even after Bjelica was a beast at the start of last year didn't give him enough touches and instead ran the offense through WCS.

Involve Bjelica in the game by giving him touches instead of as a spot up shooter and he can flat out play.

It's a shame Vlade didn't sign Guduric (Grizz on 2 year super cheap deal) in the offseason he's the Serbian Joe Ingles as our back up SF/SG/PG o well.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don't really see a feasible way to retain Bogdanovic if he really blows up in Fox's absence. Kings are paying Barnes 88 million, Buddy 90+, Fox is due for a 90+ deal as well as Bagley when the time comes.
Some declining contracts for some guys and I think you start seeing the cheap guys like Guy, James, Gabriel? And future picks start taking bigger roles on the roster and guys like Ariza, Joseph will be gone.......I hope that works

If Bogie does not take the 51m extension by Jun 30, then we can make the QO of 10mil and match up to 65m 4 yrs?
Bogie likes it here, but if he gets 80-90m offer and a starting role, he will be gone

Might have to wait for trade deadline and Draft to see where Kings are going for backup SG (no JJ please)

We do have Bjelly for another year at 7m (non guar)