[Summer League 2024] Who has impressed you the most so far?

Who has impressed you the most so far?

• D. Timme

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • K. Ellis

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I. Jones

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • C. Jones

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • M. Jones

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I. Crawford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Ellis

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • J. Lual-Acuil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Arms

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kinda difficult because I haven't really been impressed by much of anyone other than Keon in the California Classic. His two games in Vegas have been horrible.

I went with Mason Jones. He's had a couple of poor games but he's been super efficient otherwise. He's basically just repeating what he was doing last year. I did like his defensive effort against the Jazz though. Much improved over the last few games.

Lual-Acuil has been really solid as a backup but I didn't realize he was 30.

Colby, Arms, Timme and Boogie only had one good game a piece.

Isaac Jones has been mediocre.

Crawford has been a ghost.

Yeah kind of an interesting point. No one's super popped outside of a game here or there, but I like a lot of the skills are developmental guys have shown.

Crawford has been excellent on defense. Absolutely a guy I'd like to see how he develops in Stockton. Very shaky on offense.
-Jones being a sneaky wing is very fun. I like Crawford a bit more, but again, a good guy to keep in Stockton and see what he looks like.
-Mason Jones is an NBA player for sure. He gets a bit wild at times, but he's just a natural playmaker and him getting in shape has helped his explosiveness quite a bit. Just a great shooter too. Could see a world he pushes JMac for the back-up PG job in training camp while Carter is on the mend.
-Colby was a ghost until this last game, but you saw the all-around 2-way skillset on display. He's not ready for rotation minutes, but still feel good about his potential over the next few years. Another year with big playing time/USG in the G-League will be helpful.
-Timme is an "organizational" depth big. Don't see an NBA player there.
For Keon, I sort of expect some up and down performances. He's trying different stuff, working on his on-ball offensive game, trying to be aggressive, etc. We know what he does with the big league squad, there's no reason for him to just replicate that role here. Try to be the #1 with this squad and develop that offensive game.

Basically, a bunch of guys I like having in our system to develop, but no one, outside of maybe Mason Jones, that's ready to play minutes next season. Keon of course in his own tier since he proved last year already with the NBA club.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Depends on one’s perspective and what they are looking for.
I know Keon is being asked to expand his game meaning he’s a bit out of his comfort zone but he’s shown some flashes on offense. On his D, I don’t even worry about because we all know what he’s capable of
Colby, I’ve been wanting to see better shooting to go along with his overall game. He finally delivered last night. I don’t know if he’s ever going to be a lights out shooter but he’s got to be good enough to go with his D and his ability to put it on the floor from a wing position. He’s clearly not good enough to handle POA pressure from a good defending PG. Last night though was super good
Isaac Jones has shown me what I wanted to see. Quick twitchy, able to put the ball on the floor at least a little bit, able to knock down a 3 but he definitely needs more work in both areas. He’s long. I’m happy and excited for what he might become….same to an extent for Crawford but he’s been a little more of a question mark for me but I think Crawford would do better with a pure PG running the show.
Mason Jones has shown out but if I temper my excitement for him it’s because I’m not sure how much of a PG he is despite showing some flashes with good feeds and some pick and rolls with the bigs. Still think he’s a potential roster guy at some point
Boogie Ellis can shoot. He’s got to tighten his handles. Works his ass off on the defensive end. He’s a keep for the organization while he works on deficiencies. I mean, his shooting is the thing to like

Just don’t think Timme is capable of being a rotation guy as he’s getting cooked defensively
The other big is just not someone I’d be interested in keeping around.
Arms has had some moments but …..do we need to develop him?

Yeah kind of an interesting point. No one's super popped outside of a game here or there, but I like a lot of the skills are developmental guys have shown.

Crawford has been excellent on defense. Absolutely a guy I'd like to see how he develops in Stockton. Very shaky on offense.
-Jones being a sneaky wing is very fun. I like Crawford a bit more, but again, a good guy to keep in Stockton and see what he looks like.
-Mason Jones is an NBA player for sure. He gets a bit wild at times, but he's just a natural playmaker and him getting in shape has helped his explosiveness quite a bit. Just a great shooter too. Could see a world he pushes JMac for the back-up PG job in training camp while Carter is on the mend.
-Colby was a ghost until this last game, but you saw the all-around 2-way skillset on display. He's not ready for rotation minutes, but still feel good about his potential over the next few years. Another year with big playing time/USG in the G-League will be helpful.
-Timme is an "organizational" depth big. Don't see an NBA player there.
For Keon, I sort of expect some up and down performances. He's trying different stuff, working on his on-ball offensive game, trying to be aggressive, etc. We know what he does with the big league squad, there's no reason for him to just replicate that role here. Try to be the #1 with this squad and develop that offensive game.

Basically, a bunch of guys I like having in our system to develop, but no one, outside of maybe Mason Jones, that's ready to play minutes next season. Keon of course in his own tier since he proved last year already with the NBA club.
You're thinking that maybe Mason has passed Colby on the "chance to play" meaningful time chart? Even though Colby already got a little bit at the end of the season.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, impressed is hard to come by in most summer leagues. So far, I think Timme is showing that his screening alone is worthy of a depth spot at least on plenty of teams as long as the NBA continues to make that valuable in terms of how they call the game. Jones has shown a little bit of everything. None are spectacular but all look solid for the most part.

It's hard not to look at the scorers or lead production types and think they're the NBA talent when in reality, no, probably not because they will never find a team to put them in that spot most likely unless they were one of the 1st round talent players. It's the little role guy things that will get them in.

Yeah, impressed is hard to come by in most summer leagues. So far, I think Timme is showing that his screening alone is worthy of a depth spot at least on plenty of teams as long as the NBA continues to make that valuable in terms of how they call the game. Jones has shown a little bit of everything. None are spectacular but all look solid for the most part.

It's hard not to look at the scorers or lead production types and think they're the NBA talent when in reality, no, probably not because they will never find a team to put them in that spot most likely unless they were one of the 1st round talent players. It's the little role guy things that will get them in.
Kinda goes back to that Brad Beal video when he's talking to the high school kids. Basically says there's like 30-35 guys that are "allowed" to go score 20 points a game. If you want to get on the floor, you better be able to impact the game while only getting 5-7 shots.

There should be a "none of the answers" option.

Keon has fouled everyone in front of him. His midrange has improved but handle is still far from where it needs to be.

One good game does not redeem Colby. His shot is worse than last year. He doesn't even bother to square up on shots and he's responsible for about 1/3 of the turnovers from 2 games ago.

Mason is undersized for a two guard and doesn't have the handle to.play point. He doesn't handle ball pressure well. His 3pt shot looks good. Just like Colby, doesn't fit into current roster.

Crawford and Isaac have had some moments but nothing to write home about and neither look ready to contribute right now.

Summer league has been disappointing for this Kingsfan.

Keon, Colby and Arms had one superb match each, but weren't so impressive in all the rest. Mason was the most persistent one without having a very high scoring match like the trio mentioned before, Timme was decent but he is not fit (physically even) for the NBA but I will cheer for him wherever he will go, he seems like a nice guy and he appreciates the opportunity given to him. The new "two way players" still have a lot to do as none of them seems ready to play for the "bigs".
Overall I liked the effort, didn't watch the match vs Memphis, I don't get it why G League is not like summer league when it comes to teams playing defence. Is it because there are no 10 fouls allowed? Do the players in G League feel that there are not people watching them so they don't try that much in defense? I am no G League expert, but in those matches that I watched (mostly Stockton ofc) there wasn't that much effort stopping the opponent from scoring.

After tonight, I would say Boogie Ellis. His defense was very active, and he shot well (with the help of a lucky banked-in three). Apparently, he scored only 18 points total in the first three games, but 15 tonight, with the other Ellis sitting on the bench.

-Colby Jones isn't ready. Not that we were depending on him for any sort of minutes this season anyway, but he needs another year in the G-League. Maybe get a late season push this year ala Keon Ellis last year. Safe to say he's played himself out of contention for that open rotation spot with Carter on the sideline.

-Keon Ellis rules. Loved seeing him push as a #1 option, work on some of his creation ability. We know what he is at the NBA level, the more he can work on becoming a more dynamic 2-way player, the better.

-I want Mason Jones on the NBA squad. Not only is he an all-time vibes guy on the bench, he's just flat out an NBA caliber playmaker and shooter. His new body helps keep him far more competitive on the defensive end. Would love to see a camp battle between him and Jmac to go win that 4th guard slot while Carter is out. I think Jones would have a real shot to beat him out for playing time.

-And while Jones earns a spot on the NBA squad, I think one reason to do that would be to protect Boogie Ellis. Really showed out, great energy, shotmaker, competes on the defensive end. Would love to make sure he's in our system and take a look at his progression a year from now.

-Isaac Jones is a player. If Boogie Ellis was the biggest surprise of the Summer, Jones would be a close second. He looks good as a developmental "big" wing prospect. Give him a year in the G-League, see what he looks like next summer and maybe he pushes for a rotation spot with a great year. Him "hitting" as a player is exactly what the big league squad needs. Amazing length, gets after in on the glass, very active defensively. Go show you can hit 35% from 3 in the G-League and we might have something.

-Crawford was fairly disappointing overall, but still someone I'd hold onto for this season at any rate. Can't teach "wing" and he comes in with some really solid pedigree and was a draft nerd darling prospect. He was excellent on the defensive end, but mostly just looked very tentative offensively and fairly passive.

-
-Crawford was fairly disappointing overall, but still someone I'd hold onto for this season at any rate. Can't teach "wing" and he comes in with some really solid pedigree and was a draft nerd darling prospect. He was excellent on the defensive end, but mostly just looked very tentative offensively and fairly passive.
Tough when you have Keon, Mason and Colby getting all the the looks.