Still defending Vlade? (split from game thread)

Is it time to fire Vlade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just raising his voice and basically saying the fans are being stupid and shortsighted for not factoring in injuries when demanding changes should happen.
So was Dave injured? Walton? I must have missed their health issues. Oh I guess Dedmond sucks because he's hurt right? Or Giles is being cast aside because he's not ready to play?

Vlade had been trash, know nothing about CBA and don't know how to make a trade except trading down a pick to grap some scrubs. Bagley over Doncic is another masterpiece to pin the Kings on the wall for worst franchise of all time

Aren't you the guy who thought the Kings would go 12-2 on this 14 game stretch?

Good call on that one.
Low blow. There was only one vote lower than 7 wins. I don't think anyone but the one who voted 3 or less saw this coming. And that one vote may have been in jest.

Low blow. There was only one vote lower than 7 wins. I don't think anyone but the one who voted 3 or less saw this coming. And that one vote may have been in jest.
Yeah I voted 8 because that was reasonable and within the realm of possibility. Same with 7, 9, even 10. 12-2 was not reasonable or realistic. So what's the point of debating the merits of the GM with someone who is not willing to be realistic?

Yeah I voted 8 because that was reasonable and within the realm of possibility. Same with 7, 9, even 10. 12-2 was not reasonable or realistic. So what's the point of debating the merits of the GM with someone who is not willing to be realistic?
I voted nine. I had a bad feeling like I shouldn't have voted. So you can blame me. Vlade made the pick looking long term.

Do I trust him? No. Would I mind someone working with him? No. He has mostly kept the vet signings short term and cap friendly. I did say mostly.

Do I want to start over again? No. Since this was for the long term and I have to trust ownership was on board then it needs to play out. How the season plays out very well could change my tune.

Classic to hear grant pissed on jim Rome. You know how he would have handled that guy from Lake Tahoe if he had calling into his local show. He would have hung up on him. Bravo for putting grant on the spot on national radio! Make him defend vlade........

Which means 24 gms missed drafting those players.
not close to accurate because some teams took better players higher in the round and some teams like Vlade had multiple picks. Here is the list of “bad picks” in that draft.

Pheonix: Bender, Chriss
Minn: Dunn
Utah: Prince
Chicago: Valentine
Memphis: Baldwin
Detroit: Ellenson
Atlanta: Bembry
Boston: Zizic, Yabusele
Philly: Caborrat, Korkmaz
LA Clippers: Johnson
Sac: PappaG, Richardson, Skal

that’s the list. Far from your 24 and strangely enough largely populated by the other annual draft lottery participants.

This team looks like worst than last year.

Something that concerns me is that fox and Bagley played like 5 games together this season with 0-5 record.

So we haven’t won any game with both “superstars” on court.

idk What u guys consider as superstars I don’t know the exact definition either but I will give an example of what a superstar means to me and only will give western conferences to make it short.
Examples: Lebron James and Antony Davis (LAL), Kawhi and PG(LAC). James harden(HOU), Luka Doncic(DAL), Stephen Curry(GSW).

Not sure either Fox nor Bagley will ever fit in that superstar list.

The reason I do this is, It looks like that many of u are not conscious about which conference we playing in and how many great teams r out there. We gotta compete day in and day out against those monsters I just mentioned above.

Thus we also need monsters like them in our team or we will never do anything decent...ever.

The one that bothers me the most of the 2 “superstars” we have is Bagley, I’m not sure why some of us can watch the same guy play and had so much different feelings about him.
Im reading some positive post about his superstar potential but idk why I don’t see him in that list.
He lack some intangibles.
Here is just a personal opinion non stat related since he only played 70 games.

He lacks competitive spirit, don’t like contact, lacks the feel for the game, reads the play always a second behind the play instead of a second ahead. Doesn’t make his teammates better(in fact he can’t even make himself better) and he doesn’t step up when needed.

Those concerns r important to me because other flaws can be fixed by good coaching and hard works. Those attributes r something you have or u don’t have.

Something that concerns me is that fox and Bagley played like 5 games together this season with 0-5 record.

idk What u guys consider as superstars I don’t know the exact definition either but I will give an example of what a superstar means to me and only will give western conferences to make it short.
Examples: Lebron James and Antony Davis (LAL), Kawhi and PG(LAC). James harden(HOU), Luka Doncic(DAL), Stephen Curry(GSW).

The reason I do this is, It looks like that many of u are not conscious about which conference we playing in and how many great teams r out there. We gotta compete day in and day out against those monsters I just mentioned above.

Thus we also need monsters like them in our team or we will never do anything decent...ever.

The one that bothers me the most of the 2 “superstars” we have is Bagley, I’m not sure why some of us can watch the same guy play and had so much different feelings about him.
Im reading some positive post about his superstar potential but idk why I don’t see him in that list.

He lacks competitive spirit, don’t like contact, lacks the feel for the game, reads the play always a second behind the play instead of a second ahead. Doesn’t make his teammates better (in fact he can’t even make himself better) and he doesn’t step up when needed.

Those concerns r important to me because other flaws can be fixed by good coaching and hard works. Those attributes r something you have or u don’t have.
To poke holes in the superstar argument, that means that half the teams in the western conference playoffs last year were able to compete without having a superstar. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have a superstar on the team. It's preferable, but not a necessity.

He lacks competitive spirit, don’t like contact, lacks the feel for the game, reads the play always a second behind the play instead of a second ahead. Doesn’t make his teammates better(in fact he can’t even make himself better) and he doesn’t step up when needed.

Excellent post agre with it all

not close to accurate because some teams took better players higher in the round and some teams like Vlade had multiple picks. Here is the list of “bad picks” in that draft.

Pheonix: Bender, Chriss
Minn: Dunn
Utah: Prince
Chicago: Valentine
Memphis: Baldwin
Detroit: Ellenson
Atlanta: Bembry
Boston: Zizic, Yabusele
Philly: Caborrat, Korkmaz
LA Clippers: Johnson
Sac: PappaG, Richardson, Skal

that’s the list. Far from your 24 and strangely enough largely populated by the other annual draft lottery participants.
Philly fans will disagree with you, because you put Korkmaz on this list.

I disagree with most of the Vlade bashing.

The Philly trade had very little impact IMO. The 1st turned into very little. The pick swaps had little effect. Vlade picked Fox. What is with all the gnashing of teeth???

We did not have to watch the players that were moved. That is a positive IMO.

You must not have been on this site recently or have a different understanding of patience.

pa·tience
/ˈpāSHəns/
noun
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

Maybe I should have said not “all” kings fans have the patience as to not insult those that have been, but recently many kings fans have shown anything but patience. Maybe it’s the father in me that’s annoyed when people are saying they’ve been patient when they haven’t but there’s a big difference between waiting patiently and just waiting cuz you have to and ***** and moan the whole time (or most of the time)
Yeah, or even bett
He probably thinks it's all going well. Grant is the mouthpiece of the org. Listen to him for their inner most thoughts.
Not innermost thoughts, but public-sounding propaganda. Season is still young enough for sugar-coating, at least for a few more weeks.

I disagree with most of the Vlade bashing.

The Philly trade had very little impact IMO. The 1st turned into very little. The pick swaps had little effect. Vlade picked Fox. What is with all the gnashing of teeth???

We did not have to watch the players that were moved. That is a positive IMO.
It turned out to be a lottery pick, that's pretty valuable

I did. Because I'm a Kings fan and like being optimistic. You sound like a child who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.
I just deleted a huge post in response. What’s the point. No matter what we post. No matter how many times we show you how inept this franchise and vlade are, you are a kings fan and choose not to acknowledge it. That’s cool. The kings desperately need fans like you. I just choose not to drink the red cool-aide. And I fully acknowledge that you are probably a lot happier for it too. Have a great New Years........

I suppose when its all said and done, the point that many critics are making is that if Vlade wasn't Vlade, but Pete or Vivek, or even Petrie making these exact same decisions, they'd face a lot more heat from the fanbase. But he's Vlade. So he can coast on the "vladfather" thing for another few years, but at some point people will take a look at the collective body of work he's done and realize how disappointing it all was and how much talent was passed up or wasted on this team. And with that, 2019 closes and hopefully we will see a winning team while I can still see.

Every team makes some bad draft picks.
The Kings have been really good at making bad picks for over 10 years.
Fox was a good pick. So was IT last in the draft. There have been some other ones.
We are at a reallly sad place right now with this team. Only the true fans will be left soon.
It is interesting to watch teams like the Sixers, the Bucks and the Clippers rise from oblivion to powerhouse teams by their drafts and trades while the Kings remain irrelevant.

Good. He should be. Grant is doing the right thing here.
By denying reality and then launching ad hominems by calling people who disagree with him "stupid"? He's fixated on injuries to Fox and Bagley but ignores that Vlade's critics are talking about more than just this season and one or two players. We are reviewing a body of work with mistake after mistake that frankly most of this forum wouldn't be making, and has culminated in this season.

The fact that this team actually had the most success this year without Fox and Bagley kind of crushes his point that this team would be close to .500 with them. Yes, they haven't had time to "gel" with a new coach and new system, but whose fault is that? Oh right, the guy who brought in a new coach and system and destroyed the positive momentum and excitement about this team that was generated last season. So again, even when trying to defend Vlade and explain the current season, he misses the larger point. Grant can't see the forest through the trees.

And I wouldn't want to see either if my money is literally growing on them.

We pick swapped from 3 to 5. Boston had Brooklyn’s #1. Philly then traded 3 (plus more) for 1, I believe?

We probably still have Fox but I remember draft day reports saying “The Kings like Fox but they LOVE Josh Jackson.” So maybe him without the swap. Lol
yeah Boston traded 1 (the Nets Pick) for 3 and our pick last year which became Langford. So in essence, Boston picked in both our spots for 2017 and 2019.

I suppose when its all said and done, the point that many critics are making is that if Vlade wasn't Vlade, but Pete or Vivek, or even Petrie making these exact same decisions, they'd face a lot more heat from the fanbase. But he's Vlade. So he can coast on the "vladfather" thing for another few years, but at some point people will take a look at the collective body of work he's done and realize how disappointing it all was and how much talent was passed up or wasted on this team. And with that, 2019 closes and hopefully we will see a winning team while I can still see.
Yep.

Why do you think Vivek hired him?