Soul searching

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad fact is that the hard core Kings' fans care more about winning and losing than many of the players. I'm not giving up yet.
This makes me think of Doug Christie during the fourth quarter and at the start of yesterday’s radio show. Doug’s passion for the Kings and his belief in Walton, as well as the overall team direction, gives me hope they’ll turn it around.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
they can be wrong, but they cannot be factually incosistent. either you were tricked at the time of the poll, or you were saying we were all tricked since last season, but not both ;)
I always said they played well over their heads last year, I was tricked at the time of the poll thinking they would be a .500 team.

They can go 0-82. They can trade players I like and draft talent I believe is questionable. They can replace coaches, GMs and owners (not necessarily in that order).

As long as it reads Sacramento Kings on the front of the jersey I will be rooting for them.

Im kinda in a wait and see spot still. The early season does some funky things. As more time goes on, teams tend to regress to the mean.
fox Bagley and Hield are all good pieces. I think what we are seeing is that the team built around them isn’t what we thought it’d be. But the two important pieces for the future are fox and Bagley. And there is time to build around them. Is the problem the coaching? Maybe. It’s 5 games though so it’s not clear yet. Though the picture is starting to get more clear.

The saddest part to me is this seems to be showing a group of players who think they've made it, but clearly haven't. I'm talking about Fox, Buddy and Bogs especially. They're not playing like they want to win, and to me that's the most saddening beyond the actual losses. Don't know if it's the coaching or what, but these guys don't look like they want to be playing together anymore.

For me the hardest one to get over was the passing on Donovan Mitchell, I can remember seeing him still on the draft board then hearing we traded the pick for 15 and 20 or whatever it was. Then seeing us take Justin Jackson, a slim tall SF who was known to be overrated and Giles who was clearly injury prone. It was painful then and painful now. Papa sucked and I knew that was a bust at the moment, but Bagley over Doncic wasn't as bad cause I figured Bagley will be good.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think a lot of this has to do with heightened expectations. I don't think anyone thought it would be this disastrous but a change over with a new coaching staff 18 deep was bound to have issues with takeoff. I won't count Vlade out yet. Lets see what a new day brings.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The saddest part to me is this seems to be showing a group of players who think they've made it, but clearly haven't. I'm talking about Fox, Buddy and Bogs especially. They're not playing like they want to win, and to me that's the most saddening beyond the actual losses. Don't know if it's the coaching or what, but these guys don't look like they want to be playing together anymore.
They're playing like they aren't certain about what to do, not that they don't care. Not yet at least, that will eventually come should this not turn around but we've seen this before. We saw it the year before last when they were still forcing a double horn high post system on them. It's very possible that the damage of that being done early while also not taking the baby gloves off so they could go through these learning experiences is leaving them lacking now. They need to stop walking around on eggshells and the coaching staff needs to read the stinking game better in the 3rd. Teams are adjusting and as a result the Kings are falling apart with nothing other than player substitution to answer the bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.