Should Skal spend time with the Stockton Kings?

Should Skal spend time with the Stockton Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Should Skal spend time in Stockton?
Yes. He needs to (continue to?) actually learn how to play the game. Being inactive isn’t doing him any good, and he’s nowhere near the rotation. I don’t see how it could hurt.

The dude’s clearly a hard worker given how he’s been able to change his body, now he just has to unlock the tools in his chest. He has skills, and I have not written him off.

Another edit/add on; He’s the guy on this team I worry will have a Hassan Whiteside “I GET IT NOW!” moment down the line. I don’t know why, but I think things will eventually come together for him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If he's not going to play in games then yes. Can we just send him there? I thought teams could only freely send their guys during the first two years of their contracts?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Look what it did for Giles.

I’m not saying Skal’s anywhere near his level, but he has basketball talent and this is a great outlet for him to learn how to use it.

The truth is there is no room at this point but I agree with Kings19, it couldn't hurt. Well, anything other than this pride maybe. Unfortunately the Kings might have already tanked his trade value too. He looked solid last year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He had a stretch where he played well. He put up about 9 and 5 in 20 minutes last year and had some breakout games that were chopped off at the knee. His role was up and down quite a bit.
He was on one of my fantasy teams last year. I was not happy. I think unfortunately for Skal, the skill levels of our current Kings have passed him by. What might have been serviceable is no longer acceptable.

hard to imagine his role on this team over the next 10 years. can't win em all sorry Skal.
I think you have to look past what his role on the team might be. You continue to develop him and then figure out what to do with him if he turns into something of value. If he can be worked into the rotation, then great. If not, then work to find a trade that brings something of value back.

Not all players develop at the same rate. Jermaine O'Neal did nothing for 4 years and started to blossom in his 5th. We all know what happened with Whiteside. Might point is that Skal has shown talent and still could be a solid player IMO.