Save Rick Adelman

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
HndsmCelt said:
... Although I cannot speak for Slim I have never felt attaced, or disrespected and I have always tried to be repectfull in return...
I have never felt "attacked," but that could also be a function of the fact that I am aggressive by nature, and it's hard to be "attacked" when you're usually on the offensive...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rome said:
Why is it that when someone has an opinion different then others they seem to attack the poster as much as possible. That is why I cannot post my opinion.
That is possibly one of the most ridiculous statements made about this forum that I've seen in a long time.

If Kingsfans.com is too mean, I strongly suggest you NEVER wander out into the cruel world of some larger basketball boards, such as ESPN, etc. They'd eat you as a morning snack...

----------------------------------------------------------
Now, can we just get back to the topic at hand? These kinds of "pity" posts always seem to really ruin good discussions.

As far as keeping Rick Adelman goes, there's already some sharks circling in the water, watching for the first signs of blood. There are discussions on at least one other team message board (PacersDigest) talking about Adelman and how they might like to switch Ricks...

Rick Adelman for Rick Carlisle? Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna happen.

;)

VF21 said:
As far as keeping Rick Adelman goes, there's already some sharks circling in the water, watching for the first signs of blood. There are discussions on at least one other team message board (PacersDigest) talking about Adelman and how they might like to switch Ricks...

;)
Carlisle and Artest together again :( , if this is going to happen we will have to increase Ron's pills big time. But being serious I would love to have Carlisle here, but to bad that Artest and him don't get along.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You'd like Carlisle for Sacramento? Good luck. He is the antithesis of the type of coach we want/need. And the Maloofs are NOT going to bring him here as long as Ron is around.

Being serious, I would rather have Jerry Reynolds take a third shot at being the coach than see Rick Carlisle step in.

R

R1LOVER

VF21 said:
That is possibly one of the most ridiculous statements made about this forum that I've seen in a long time.

If Kingsfans.com is too mean, I strongly suggest you NEVER wander out into the cruel world of some larger basketball boards, such as ESPN, etc. They'd eat you as a morning snack...

----------------------------------------------------------
Now, can we just get back to the topic at hand? These kinds of "pity" posts always seem to really ruin good discussions.

;)
Like someone just did? lol

Sorry,but yes this board can be a little harsh sometimes.... not as bad a some others I agree. For the most part it's fine but we are KINGS fans we should all be on the same side and get along.

If I say one thing and you say another we should both be able to respect each other enough not to attack each other if we don't agree.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
R1LOVER - And we should all try and stay on topic. That way, no one's feelings get hurt. People who jump into the middle of a thread to whine about being afraid to post their opinion have ... POSTED their opinion!! And it happens once in a while. They are upset about something that most likely happened off the board and want to try and find a way to discuss it ON the board. Well, it's not going to happen.

As far as Kings fans always being on the same side, that's just not going to happen either. If it did, there would be no reason for forums. I do agree that things can be said respectfully and without attack. That's one of the guiding principles of Kingsfans.com.

------------------------------------------
Now, can we please get back to the topic at hand?

I have mixed feeling on Adelman. He has done some good things here, but some dumb things as well. But that can be said about any coach after seeing the result of the game. But Adelman does make u mad at times.
Also if we had the C-Webb Era kind of team, it would have made sense to have Adelman. But what we need now is a defence-minded coach to utilize the current players' skills. So I won't be too unhappy if Adelman was replaced by a defensive coach.

Rick has always stressed defense. The thing is he never has the type of players that were defensive minded. Now we do. I guarantee you anything we will see this next year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One problem with that, PFFFT. If you waste too much time trying to find someone else, Adelman just might go elsewhere. He's an "unrestricted free agent" if you compare him to player terminology. He can simply decide not to play the waiting game if the Maloofs don't do something one way or the other.

If they don't want him, fine. They tell him NOW. If they do want him, fine. They tell him NOW. This crap about keeping him in limbo is disrespectful any way you look at it.