Sam Amick: One of the gang now

pdxKingsFan said:
I understand that, but realistically it was time to move on a season or two ago. The fact that he did well this season after Artest got here doesn't change that even if the way they ousted him seemed a little harsh and unfair. In your own words this isn't high school or rec league where feel good stories and division championships count for jack-s* and in the end Adelman wasn't getting the job done at the level ownership (and many fans) demanded.
I still don't understand how you can judge success/failure based on whether the coach won a championship or not. He did everything but.

How long do you keep a coach around without a ring after 8 years? One more year? Two? When is enough enough? It just wasn't happening with Adleman. Some would say "but with this current lineup and team, he could go all the way next year." "Next year" has gone on long enough.

Mussleman has some big egos on this current team to deal with. In addition to his coaching skills, he's gonna need a lot of luck.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Superman said:
I still don't understand how you can judge success/failure based on whether the coach won a championship or not. He did everything but.
I've already said I thought he was successful and it was a good run. But if the ownership (and a good chunk of the fan base) wants more then you move on. I'm trying to look at the positives and what Muss is going to bring us and to be honest I'm really excited about the future of the team.

Bonzi/Ron suit Musselman's style and approach to the game. I'm not really worried about them fitting, ditto if just Ron's back. Bibby and Musselman may run into problems with defense, and Brad with intensity/effort. But if Brad is indeed back, I expect him to give more consistent effort. SAR's fine other than boarding at times, but I expect better there next season with him back to full strength and a more pushing coach. KT will be fine if he's still here (unless he isn't starting), Kevin/Garcia/Price/maybe Monia (he could be trade bait), are going to play hard and have the usual mistake here and there.

Last edited: