Sacramento sports radio programming changes?

I was curious about this as well...noticed that they’ve been running some national syndicated show in the afternoons. I checked KHTK site and did a quick google a few days ago and couldn’t find anything either.
Last I checked they are not on the schedule at all in the next 7 days, as long as the website was up to date.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Did KHTK cancel the Low Down show?
Yes. And Kreidler's mid-day show on the other station got cancelled, too. Within a day or so of each other.

Edit: By the posts below it may have been like a week or so, not a day or two. My recollection was that it was closer together but I'm not interested enough to dig too much more into it.

Last edited:
Well this sucks... The low down was my favorite of all the khtk shows. Lined up perfectly with my lunch break and was always insightful. Will be missed.
Dammit!!!! Damion and the low down was far and away my favorite sports show. Id say this is a crappy call canceling them. I will be boycotting KHTK except for Grant and Doug

Does he still have a kings focus?
I think his podcast is more political if it’s the one he often promoted on KHTK.

Shame. They had a good show. Hopefully they can put together a new lineup or go back to Ross, Mason, and Morgan. I certainly don’t want to hear those National guys talk about who the GOAT is everyday.

I think his podcast is more political if it’s the one he often promoted on KHTK.

Shame. They had a good show. Hopefully they can put together a new lineup or go back to Ross, Mason, and Morgan. I certainly don’t want to hear those National guys talk about who the GOAT is everyday.
Exactly. I cant stand the national radio shows jim rome included

So the entirety of local Sacramento sports talk is now, CD 6-9am and Grant and Doug 3-7pm? Too bad the collegiate sports in this area don't get more attention or aren't better, not sure which comes first. It would nice to have more programming diversity.

I've completely switched over to ESPN AM and it is a million times better than KHTK. I'll still listen when Grant & Doug are on - I like that show.

I truly can't stand the morning show and was really glad when I discovered 1320 ESPN as an alternative. I feel bad for Low Down getting the axe, I did listen to KHTK for that show.

I tuned into Dave's morning show for the first time in a while. Made it about 5 minutes in until that Kyle guy said "throwing shade" and I just had to turn it off immediately. Just can't do it anymore. He's young, but a grown man should not be filling up his vocabulary with phrases from Buzzfeed and Yahoo. I know he's a Warriors fan but his hot takes remind me of that guy everyone has met that claims he's a sports fan but doesn't have a team and "hasn't watched in a while" when you try to talk to him about the playoffs.

I check in to hear Amick when I can time it. I just wish Dave talked more basketball with him. All sorts of things to bring up and not enough gets talked about.

I tuned into Dave's morning show for the first time in a while. Made it about 5 minutes in until that Kyle guy said "throwing shade" and I just had to turn it off immediately. Just can't do it anymore. He's young, but a grown man should not be filling up his vocabulary with phrases from Buzzfeed and Yahoo. I know he's a Warriors fan but his hot takes remind me of that guy everyone has met that claims he's a sports fan but doesn't have a team and "hasn't watched in a while" when you try to talk to him about the playoffs.
This.
The last time I actually tuned into KHTK regularly was when Dave had his night show. It was no frills and simply discussed Kings basketball. None of the cringy crap that's taken over the station the past few years. In regards to the other guys on the station, Damian Barling is the absolute worst radio has to offer, 2nd to only Rod Brooks of KNBR.

KHTK hasn't been the same since they split up Carmichael Dave and Don Geronimo. I thought they had a great chemistry. Then they fired Don and it all went down from there.

I like Dave and can tolerate Grant's act now that Doug is with him but the midday shows are horrible. I don't know why Rome is still on the station. They need to get out of that contract.

And for God sakes get on FM like KFBK. Do they realize that they would have more listeners if people in the surrounding areas could hear your station?

KHTK has been mismanaged for years.

My biggest disappointment with losing both shows is that the replacement "national" shows were talking NFL on both the day of and day after the NBA draft. I tuned in hoping to hear some Kings rumors/movement. Not what fringe players were making noise in OTAs