Sacramento Republic FC

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but what do you think of Sacramento supporting a NHL team?
I would like them to prove they can run a basketball team and a soccer team first. I have a feeling the NHL might have the same feelings about it. I like hockey.

confirmed ownership group from the 49ers have committed funds to FC along with kings ownership.

Hopefully of an MLS team. Would get right behind that

I know it's preseason, but Sac Republic needs a tv contract. Last year was their 1st year, but there was absolute no way you could watch the team unless you were on Youtube. Really disappointed that this preseason game isn't broadcasted anywhere

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Went to the match tonight with my family - first time to see them live. Had a good time, but the food truck lines were so slow we didn't get to our seats until half!

I know it's preseason, but Sac Republic needs a tv contract. Last year was their 1st year, but there was absolute no way you could watch the team unless you were on Youtube. Really disappointed that this preseason game isn't broadcasted anywhere
MLS Preseason games are broadcast on youtube. If at all. Sac Republic are doing fine.

confirmed ownership group from the 49ers have committed funds to FC along with kings ownership.

Hopefully of an MLS team. Would get right behind that

Looks like they will be announcing in a month or two who gets the new team. I have a feeling Sac wins out easily. I think they will site the fans support of soccer in NorCal as being the reason for us getting a team. I have a feeling that we will probably have it sooner than 2020 as well. I could see a 2017 (same time as new arena) as a date where Sac Republic moves to MLS.

I don't think any of it is easy, there's a lot of really strong offers and as great as Republic and TBB have been it's one year while other cities have been supporting the sport longer. I'd be pretty irked if I were in some of those towns. Miami is falling apart at the seams however which could be good news for all the spots that really do deserve teams. Miami has already failed once.

That said, I really do hope Sacramento gets it, Sacramento away will be my new favorite away trip. Well ok, Vancouver will probably always be my favorite away, such a lovely (and romantic) city. But going home once or twice a year to see Timbers/Republic in MLS would be awesome. Would probably bring my TA band out to play a show with a like-minded group that supports the Republic.

MLS Preseason games are broadcast on youtube. If at all. Sac Republic are doing fine.
They aren't anywhere, not even youtube. Sac Republic need a tv deal so more people can actually watch and get interested in it. Sac republic has a good fan base for a MLS Pro team, but they're just like the Rivercats. A lot of people show out to Rivercats game because tickets are cheap and it's a family enviroment. I think once ticket prices hike up for MLS, attendance will go down. There's a lot of people who show up because they want to have a good time. I've been to 5 games all together and it's such a great atmosphere.

Hopefully they can get a tv contract for next season. Does anyone know?

MLS tickets are reasonably affordable. 20 bucks a game for Timbers Army, the freakin free donut club level seats are maybe 80 bucks a match? They were offering field level seating for around the cost of the average lower bowl Blazers ticket.